drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6710|austria

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TeK||drake666 wrote:

allrounder and good in all categories!
knows how to lead his team/ squad to victory!
= me
http://bf2s.com/player/69846767/ yeah sure... :>
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6786|Bulgaria
what about my himble self ?!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

TeK||drake666 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

TeK||drake666 wrote:

allrounder and good in all categories!
knows how to lead his team/ squad to victory!
= me
http://bf2s.com/player/69846767/ yeah sure... :>
just because it doesn't happen often, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. barely anyone joins my squads. and those who do usually go lone wolfing. i was playing today with a great team, and we only lost one out of five games. so

plus i AM good in all categories (as long as Air means Chopper and not Jet....)
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6500|Valley of the Dragons

Tetrino wrote:

A player who helps out his squad and team. Whether in vehicles or on foot.

valakivi wrote:

A Great player does whats best for the team, not for himself...aka whores.
They pretty much summed it up allready , +1 for you both.

And for all the people wacking of on not using unlocks and putting CAl/TWL on a pedestal ...

https://www.xs4all.nl/~thoorens/cluepon.jpg
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley
Good at everything (inf kits, tank combat, apcs, transport, tow usage, chopper skillz, fighter jet skillz, bomber jet skillz)

Nah I guess if you're good at MOST of those thats good enough. But imo a REAL good player will realize the most important threats and be able to deal with them. So if your team is getting bombed to shit by a good J10 pilot, a respawn at the carrier and be good enough in an F35 to stay in the air vs. the J10. "Stay in the air" also meaning bombing the crap out of the other team.
13rin
+977|6479
I see a great player at the start of ever round on just about every map I play. 

In fact, he's so great, he'll jump into a transport and take off / drive away to cap a flag all by himself (doesn't need any help -he's so good), completely obvious to the 5 team mates chasing him down the road to the chorus of "Hey Gimme a ride!"

And why should he let anyone ride with him.  He doesn't need our help, he's actually doing us a favor by keeping us out of harms way!

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-11-09 11:53:23)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
millhous
+39|6637|OREEGONE, USA
^^THats right.  He's letting you enjoy your gaming experice longer in a vertical position.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I see a great player at the start of ever round on just about every map I play. 

In fact, he's so great, he'll jump into a transport and take off / drive away to cap a flag all by himself (doesn't need any help -he's so good), completely obvious to the 5 team mates chasing him down the road to the chorus of "Hey Gimme a ride!"

And why should he let anyone ride with him.  He doesn't need our help, he's actually doing us a favor by keeping us out of harms way!
So true, and so fucking irritating at the same time
ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6388|Sydney, Australia
I don't believe you can become a 'great' player. You can become a integral part of a great squad however !

Teamwork FTW
T4ngster
Banned
+0|6379|Raping u noobs
maybe when someone gets called a hacker??
CloakedStarship
+76|6565
Sbennetiii makes a great player of course.
T4ngster
Banned
+0|6379|Raping u noobs
if u guys say its all about TEAMWORK..

Does that mean all |TOP| players are GREAT players???
adv3rsary
+28|6715
knowing what your adversary is going to do before he even knows what he is going to do... simple as that.. it comes with time, common sense and a bit of intelligence
Doktorbob
+26|6488
Damn, after reading what makes a great player...I am my own best idol...... ROFL
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

OliTz wrote:

One thing definately lacking in public servers are revives.
I'll have times when I revive 5-6 guys at a time, then I die, and all of a sudden i'm invisible and cant be seen.
Its the more experienced players that do it as well, i'll revive them, then die and they just pass me up.

Very annoying, especially if there right next to you.
I commend you soldier. This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves in the game aside from snipers that don't help capture flags when their team is about to get capped out.

Anyway, I completely agree with you and feel your pain. I can't recall how many times I'll continually keep a squad alive eliminate threats to their safety and when I finally bite the bullet after giving them 10+ revives no one will revive me, even if two of them are medics.

And if they're not medics they can at least pick up my kit and revive me. I do it all the time. If a medic in my squad goes down I grab his kit and revive him if I'm AT, Spec Ops, Support, or anything else. It's not that hard to do, especially when they're not under heavy fire and they just killed the guy that shot me.
Doktorbob
+26|6488
MindBullets I have the same freakin problem....  Those greedy bastards love it when we revive them.  But God forbid they pick up a med kit and help you and me!!!!!!  I say fuck em.
Snipa Fox
+21|6397|Brisbane, Australia
You haven't seen a good player yet cause you haven't played with me yet

Factors:

Consistency
Awareness
Teamwork
Inf skills
Reactions
Compensation
Fairness
Pace

Last edited by Snipa Fox (2006-11-09 22:53:18)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Add "the_great" to the end of your name. Worked for me anyways.
Magius5.0
+106|6381|UMass Amherst

Snipa Fox wrote:

Factors:

Consistency
Awareness
Teamwork
Inf skills
Reactions
Compensation
Fairness
Pace
All these are true Fox.  But I have the most important one: a great player, despite all odds, never gives up.  When I'm going in 2142 and the enemy is about to vaporize our Titan, I've rallied our troops in the squad/team to push one final, monumental assault on their titan.  I can remember once that we did succeed in destroying their reactor in this way, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat.

Never give up, never surrender: morale is as important as teamwork and skill.
Djbrown
+129|6496|Adelaide, Aussieland

Snipa Fox wrote:

Factors:

Consistency
Awareness
Teamwork
Inf skills
Reactions
Compensation
Fairness
Pace
Eh with 55% of your total time as medic there not much diversity there. A great player should be able to not just own with all classes, but realise there are times when your team could definitely use a few more AT then endless medics.

INF skills are good, but there are vehicles here for a reason. as i said before a great player should be very versatile and be efficient in all aspects.

and why is compensation there????

Last edited by Djbrown (2006-11-09 23:36:15)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN
Buttsecks?????
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Jemme101
M24 Abuser

Djbrown wrote:

Snipa Fox wrote:

Factors:

Consistency
Awareness
Teamwork
Inf skills
Reactions
Compensation
Fairness
Pace
Eh with 55% of your total time as medic there not much diversity there. A great player should be able to not just own with all classes, but realise there are times when your team could definitely use a few more AT then endless medics.

INF skills are good, but there are vehicles here for a reason. as i said before a great player should be very versatile and be efficient in all aspects.

and why is compensation there????
It probably is meant in the sense of adapt & overcome. Or in laymans terms when it doesnt work one way find another.

Btw I want to add that a great player should allays pick up a kit on the ground if he can change the situation at hand with it. An assault facing of with a tank should pick up that AT kit, a sniper that sees three dead comrades on the deck should switch out to that Medic kit thats laying there.
Thats what I allays do when I get into such a situation. Buying time by keeping the tank at bay or less tickets lost at that point both help out your team in the end.

And the tip of today is whenever a game is really close at the end of the round (it will result in a probable 1 - 0 or something) dont spawn. let the guys ingame sort it out but ffs dont spawn. If you spawn you will drop the ticket counter with one extra ticket which can be the difference betwen a win or loss.
Drexel
+43|6476|Philadelphia
A great player is one that doesn't think he's great, but others do.
JaggedPanther
+61|6474

OliTz wrote:

One thing definately lacking in public servers are revives.
I'll have times when I revive 5-6 guys at a time, then I die, and all of a sudden i'm invisible and cant be seen.
Its the more experienced players that do it as well, i'll revive them, then die and they just pass me up.

Very annoying, especially if there right next to you.
But then you might get mad at them if they don't kill who originall kill you first...
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6598|S.C.
Logic
Unique Gameplay Strategies
Teamwork
Awareness
Good Manners
A good rig
Quick Reactions

And some Luck.

Board footer