OliTz
+12|6350
I have played hundreds of rounds in BF2, played with and against some really good players, yet at the same time, none have ever stood out to me as being great. Most associate a great player with good stats or there in-game performance. Alot of good players will get gold medals like mad and generally end up with high KDR's at the end of most rounds.

But once the odds are stacked against them and the other good players arent on there side, they fall apart.
This is when I laugh to myself and just brush the player who i thought was really good as being nothing but a "decent" player, but not great.  A decent player will do well when the odds are in there favor, but once there on the loseing end they lose it and normally disconnect in frustration.

The true definition of the best players is this-

-"Ones ability to remain consistent despite adversity"-

Meaning no matter how high the odds are stacked against  him the player does well and continues to do so.

So what are your opinions on what makes a great player?
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
a player that is valued player in every aspect of the game (inf , chopper , tank ETC) and will go where he is needed
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
Best infantry player ive ever played. When ever he had like 4 guys on him he would kill them all

http://bf2s.com/player/76933064/
s()mtingWong
+48|6663
Imho I dont care if your the best player in the world anyone can get crushed from a squad of 3 above average players especially if there all medics. I hate to say this but ill always have to resort to using the grenade launcher just to have chance against a squad of 3 or more.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6596|Gold Coast, Australia
I think a good player will be able to take out a full squad, and still have time to revive his mates. (I've done it a few times)
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
SEXY TIME
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6551|Melbourne, Australia.
Infantry skills...

...that is all
DRKillusion
+10|6445|glued to my chair
me
Djbrown
+129|6466|Adelaide, Aussieland
My definition of a great player is simple.

someone who flys the attack chopper and actually gives ME the chance to shoot TV, and not try to rocket pod everything himself. I have ONE memory of a pub where the following things did not happen

1) I was tk'd from the chopper
2) Pilot crashed on take off
3) Pilot did not use VOIP
4) Pilot had hand-eye coordination less than your average 8 year old.

I swear to god in my 14 hours something in choppers i have only ever had one pilot who let me take the shots.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
A player who helps out his squad and team. Whether in vehicles or on foot.
valakivi
Wish i had under 100 ping
+7|6428|Lima, PERU
A Great player does whats best for the team, not for himself...aka whores.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6503|Denmizzark!!

Djbrown wrote:

My definition of a great player is simple.

someone who flys the attack chopper and actually gives ME the chance to shoot TV, and not try to rocket pod everything himself. I have ONE memory of a pub where the following things did not happen

1) I was tk'd from the chopper
2) Pilot crashed on take off
3) Pilot did not use VOIP
4) Pilot had hand-eye coordination less than your average 8 year old.

I swear to god in my 14 hours something in choppers i have only ever had one pilot who let me take the shots.
we should fly together if your good.. Anyway, the greatest player in the world would be crushed if the odds were against him, say if he was the on pla holding the last flag on wake with three planes and a chopper whoring him..
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN
A great player is one that is willing to do what it takes to win the battle.  They have great situational awareness, not just the current area they are in, but the whole map.  They care more about winning than points.  I don't care what people stats are anymore.  Until I play alongside them or against them in some cases, I don't judge them.  Stats lie, results don't.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6500|UK
A good player is somebody who doesnt use unlocks, revives everybody, doesnt spawnkill and owns all the other team at the same time.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Best infantry player ive ever played. When ever he had like 4 guys on him he would kill them all

http://bf2s.com/player/76933064/
lawlz, try any cal-m player
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6424|USA
A good player is someone who's had experience in TWL or cal.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

elite.mafia wrote:

A good player is someone who's had experience in CAL.
fixed, but still not true
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6424|USA

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

elite.mafia wrote:

A good player is someone who's had experience in CAL.
fixed, but still not true
Well when I said TWL I was realling referring to the off season infantry scrimming and 2v2 matches that I used to have
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Teamplay FTW !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
good on all maps(not karkand whore)
good with all vehicles and weapons. (so not ak-101 only)

Varegg wrote:

Teamplay FTW !
and ofcourse an good teamplayer

Last edited by ']['error (2006-11-09 02:07:08)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

I.M.I Militant wrote:

a player that is valued player in every aspect of the game (inf , chopper , tank ETC) and will go where he is needed
= me.

LividBovine wrote:

A great player is one that is willing to do what it takes to win the battle.  They have great situational awareness, not just the current area they are in, but the whole map.  They care more about winning than points.
still = me

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

A good player is somebody who doesn't use unlocks, revives everybody, doesnt spawnkill and owns all the other team at the same time.
= Paddles.of.Peace
and you unlock bashers piss me off.
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6482
one thrase makes a great player.......

..... 'enemy boat spotted'
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6680|austria
allrounder and good in all categories!
knows how to lead his team/ squad to victory!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

TeK||drake666 wrote:

allrounder and good in all categories!
knows how to lead his team/ squad to victory!
= me
OliTz
+12|6350
One thing definately lacking in public servers are revives.
I'll have times when I revive 5-6 guys at a time, then I die, and all of a sudden i'm invisible and cant be seen.
Its the more experienced players that do it as well, i'll revive them, then die and they just pass me up.

Very annoying, especially if there right next to you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard