AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA
Ok so first off, I would like to say Congratulations to the Democrats, they ran an "interesting" campaign not to the standards I would like, but won fair and square, and with good reasons as well.  But this I would like to know, so what now? What are you going to change? What are you guys going to be rooting for?

1. Are you just going to raise taxes and only confirm activist judges?

2. What are you going to DO about immigration. 

3. What are you going to do about health care that DOES NOT involve raising taxes??

4. How about gun control?  Siding with John Conyers and Pelosi for a Nat'l Handgun ban? Think that'll work? It didn't in D.C.....

5. Abortion?

6. Gay Marriage?

7. Education? Just going to raise taxes as usual?

8. Oh almost forgot Iraq? Phased withdrawl, complete withdrawl.

9. Impeaching proceedings for the Pres? For what exactly, and don't you do say lying or I will direct you to a dictionary.

I've heard enough of your guys' garbage on your ads, now talk about yourselves, your values, and what you plan to support or change now that the ball is in your court.

And don't be extreme, or I'll slap you with a herring.

Thanks for your input and all I can say is Good luck, all eyes are on you now, and now you guys are going to be scrutinized and picked apart just like you did to us when we had majority.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-11-08 10:24:28)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

I'm going to build a giant fence and ban commercial fishing in 2/3 of the ocean.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

King_County_Downy wrote:

I'm going to build a giant fence and ban commercial fishing in 2/3 of the ocean.
*speechless*
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6626|Cork, Ireland

King_County_Downy wrote:

Good for you!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6723
"sound of crickets chirping"   lol
the ball is in their court... no more complaining... lets see some solutions... at least now the terrorist situation will go away...  lol
Love is the answer
HeimdalX
+37|6657
And here I was thinking that people were just tired of Republicans doing nothing, which is why 1 out of 3 republicans in my red state voted democrat and offset some key votes.

So to answer your question, they'll do more than Republicans have done probably. Maybe they'll repeal the patriot act and give us freedom back.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Virginia still has to report in. If they win, that's good. But I'd pose this question to either party: Congrats, you made it to the end. Now here's the bonus level: fix the country.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

HeimdalX wrote:

And here I was thinking that people were just tired of Republicans doing nothing, which is why 1 out of 3 republicans in my red state voted democrat and offset some key votes.

So to answer your question, they'll do more than Republicans have done probably. Maybe they'll repeal the patriot act and give us freedom back.
Name one thing that YOU have lost from the Patriot Act.  Have you even read it? Did you know that it was amended/extended just this last session OVERWHELMINGLY by Democrats? You don't even know what you're talking about.

Still waiting libs, cmon, humor me, waiting for your answers.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-11-08 10:25:55)

Hurricane
Banned

Patriot Act isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Frankly, if you aren't plotting to blow up buildings, then you shouldn't mind the possibility that out of 300 million Americans, the CIA and NSA will listen to your convos with your girlfriend. Now then, I'd be concerned if the CIA+NSA caught wind of some of my IRC messages.

"how about that UAV trailer? and their artillery pieces?"
*tap*
"yeah lets blow it up, lots of explosives"
*untap*

*knock on door*
Sir, we'd like to take you to our offices for some questioning...
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

Hurricane wrote:

Patriot Act isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Frankly, if you aren't plotting to blow up buildings, then you shouldn't mind the possibility that out of 300 million Americans, the CIA and NSA will listen to your convos with your girlfriend. Now then, I'd be concerned if the CIA+NSA caught wind of some of my IRC messages.

*tap*
*untap*

*knock on door*
THANK YOU!!! Finally a voice of common sense from the left (I Think, right?)

People are too paranoid.
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California
FOR THE OP:

Uh, what's wrong with raising taxes?  Do you forget that it's our taxes that pay for things?  Do you also realize Bush squandered a huge surplus and put is near a trillion in debt?  Should dems keep the facade going that money grows on trees?

I expect a responsible compromise between adjustment of current money (chop off the Iraq funding, trash the useless DHS and other useless government growth Bush made despite the republican mantra of 'small government'), and taxation.

I don't expect the 49 million americans without healthcare to suddenly have it.  I simply hope that's down to at least 40 million americans by the end of this congressional term.

Abortion?  Well, Republicans had 12 years to do something about it, and of course they failed..probably because THE PEOPLE of this country want it still, unfortunately.  Dems will not change anything because there's nothing to change.

Gay Marriage is a state issue, as it's always been, so again, nothing will change from the house.

What are you looking for here?  You're asking questions in an accusatory way as if Republicans had ANY of those things under control! lol
Hurricane
Banned

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

*tap*
*untap*

*knock on door*

People are too paranoid.
Eh, call me moderate (assuming that means inbetween). I would've voted Democrat for Maryland most likely, but I don't really put myself into any of the stereotypes of either of the two main parties. I oppose the Iraq War, but do think taxes should only be as high as needed.

edit: By against Iraq War, I mean that I wasn't super convinced that Iraq had WMD's. I do think Saddam was an evil, disgusting, atrocious dictator but no matter what side you're on you have to agree: the man knew how to keep two groups of people that hate each other from breaking into full on civil war. As one of my teachers said, "I would believe all the stuff if I could look on the news and see that the war has been a success, not this constant stalemate between the US and a poorly put together Iraqi army v. an insurgency that isn't afraid to blow themselves up for their cause".

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-11-08 10:33:37)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

Hurricane wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

*tap*
*untap*

*knock on door*

People are too paranoid.
Eh, call me moderate (assuming that means inbetween). I would've voted Democrat for Maryland most likely, but I don't really put myself into any of the stereotypes of either of the two main parties. I oppose the Iraq War, but do think taxes should only be as high as needed.
OMG Join the democratic party NOW, you will bring much needed balance to them

Let me restate my previous statement

finally a voice of reason on this board. 
Capt.CupoNoodles
+18|6773|Southampton, PA
No one can win this "Political war", folks....I haven't voted in 18 years (yes, I'm 36 and a proud american, but what happened to the honest/non-pediphile/drug using politicians? Yes...they were once there) because as soon as the politicians get to Washington, everything changes. That's why you'll only see the "local" politicians getting things done. There are too many "favors" that need to be fullfilled after they get so far, and so they can't commit to anything....
I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, 'cause they're all full of crap trying to get to the House or Senate...trust your local Rep...not the big guys.
Yes, the Democrats have most of the seats...and yes, if they don't make EVERYONE happy in the next couple of years, that changes too...
Time marches on, folks...we're just along for the ride.

Cup out.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6702|Mountains of West Virginia

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

HeimdalX wrote:

Name one thing that YOU have lost from the Patriot Act.  Have you even read it? Did you know that it was amended/extended just this last session OVERWHELMINGLY by Democrats? You don't even know what you're talking about.

Still waiting libs, cmon, humor me, waiting for your answers.
First off, I am not a "lib" so dont expect answers from me. But as far as the PATRIOT act goes, section 216 still exists, and while nothing directly has happened to me, the basic fact that it COULD disturbs me.

The scary thing is,  These powers the president has granted the executive  branch (including but not limited to the PATRIOT act) allows not only GWB powers, but any future presidents as well. That is what really scares me. Imagine Hillary (censorship queen) with all the powers that GWB has today. Any way you look at it, its bad news.

I leave with a famous and,  IMO true saying

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-11-08 10:34:30)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6638|USA
well it appears my taxes are going up.. They already said they would repeal tax breaks on dividends and capital gains.  Thanks for ruining my lifestyle assholes.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6555|San Diego, CA, USA
Funny how in my state a minor has to get permission from their parents to get their ears pierced, but they don't need to get their permission to get an abortion.  Also the person doing the abortion is not required by law to report it and thus the person who impregnated the minor isn't procecuted.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562
Here's a sneak preview of their five point plan:

1) Compulsory abortions for all.
2) Bus service between Ciudad de Juarez and Los Angeles for poor needy illegal Mexican immigrants.
3) Set up flight schools in Iraq for Islamic fundamentalists.
4) Set the upper band tax rate at 85%.
5) Ban all guns, knives and sharp objects (including cutlery).
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6702|Mountains of West Virginia

Harmor wrote:

Funny how in my state a minor has to get permission from their parents to get their ears pierced, but they don't need to get their permission to get an abortion.  Also the person doing the abortion is not required by law to report it and thus the person who impregnated the minor isn't procecuted.
What exactly does this have to do with Democrats gaining power in the house?
IRONCHEF
+385|6498|Northern California

Hurricane wrote:

*tap*
*untap*

*knock on door*
The patriot act is not dangerous because it can "help" fight the war on terror, or because it will prosecute those who are doing bad things....(it's already proven to not help that anyway).  it's dangerous because it's shredded our constitution considerably.  Ashcroft and Gonzales literally conspired to make it in a way that would negate constitutional rights for the sake of catching enemies foreign and domestic.  IN doing so, they have committed the high crime and impeachable (punishable actually) offense of disregarding the constitution..something they were SWORN to uphold.  That's all that matters.  Because police can now perform search and seizure operations that were once protected by the constitution, that's enough to know it's bad.

Oh, the wiretapping you're referring to is different.  That's a seperate abuse inflicted upon us by wrecking the constitution and avoiding the lawful court orders to do so according to the FISA agreements.

But hey, it's to be expected when the president and the attorney general consider the constitution as a goddamned piece of paper.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

IRONCHEF wrote:

FOR THE OP:

Uh, what's wrong with raising taxes?  Do you forget that it's our taxes that pay for things?  Do you also realize Bush squandered a huge surplus and put is near a trillion in debt?  Should dems keep the facade going that money grows on trees?

I expect a responsible compromise between adjustment of current money (chop off the Iraq funding, trash the useless DHS and other useless government growth Bush made despite the republican mantra of 'small government'), and taxation.

I don't expect the 49 million americans without healthcare to suddenly have it.  I simply hope that's down to at least 40 million americans by the end of this congressional term.

Abortion?  Well, Republicans had 12 years to do something about it, and of course they failed..probably because THE PEOPLE of this country want it still, unfortunately.  Dems will not change anything because there's nothing to change.

Gay Marriage is a state issue, as it's always been, so again, nothing will change from the house.

What are you looking for here?  You're asking questions in an accusatory way as if Republicans had ANY of those things under control! lol
Nothing is wrong with raising taxes, unless thats all you do for every problem (somewhat kidding, but not really) Libs seem to be always willing to spend money on just about everything, and than collect more taxes.... Not very smart, do you realize that our deficit is DECREASING because of tax cuts and conservative implements.... hmmmm, I will be happy if you guys can balance the budget better though.  I never implied that its easy to do, but just chill on some of the taxes, like transportation for example, here in Seattle we have an ABUNDANT transpo system, yet the local libs seem fervent to INCREASE taxes for even MORE service that is completely unnecessary.

I agree with your second statement.

I think that healthcare should be an INDIVIDUAL issue, they should be able to support themselves with minimal help from the gov't that pushes them in the RIGHT direction, can't use gov't as a crutch.  I'm 20, I have a job and healthcare, and if I lose my job, who am I going to blame, myself, and if I don't get a job am I going to lean on the gov't, no.

I don't think Republicans SHOULD have done anything about abortion, that would be wrong, it is fine where it is right now.

Gay marriage is a state issue yes, but now that more dems are in state seats whats going to happen? (Even though the gay marriage bills across the nation got shot down on Tues.)

No I'm NOT asking questions in a accusatory way, I'm wondering what you guys are going to do because none of your ads tell me what you guys want.  It just says Oh Congressman X votes with Bush 90% of the time, we don't need another rubber stamp *yawn*.  I'm not being accusatory, don't generalize me, I just want to know your guys views, I genuinely do, I'm not trying to troll here.

I never said Repubs had any of it under control, we used tax cuts to DECREASE the deficit, and maintained a status quo on many other things while the crime rate drops.  I'm just curious as to what you guys want. That is all.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

CameronPoe wrote:

2) Bus service between Ciudad de Juarez and Los Angeles for poor needy illegal Mexican immigrants.
You slightly amused me with that, maybe I can get a straight answer from someone in our own country who isn't hell bent on playing devil's advocate.  Thanks for implying that those answers is what I expected Cam, I deserve more respect than that.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6651|Seattle, WA

Capt.CupoNoodles wrote:

No one can win this "Political war", folks....I haven't voted in 18 years (yes, I'm 36 and a proud american, but what happened to the honest/non-pediphile/drug using politicians? Yes...they were once there) because as soon as the politicians get to Washington, everything changes. That's why you'll only see the "local" politicians getting things done. There are too many "favors" that need to be fullfilled after they get so far, and so they can't commit to anything....
I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, 'cause they're all full of crap trying to get to the House or Senate...trust your local Rep...not the big guys.
Yes, the Democrats have most of the seats...and yes, if they don't make EVERYONE happy in the next couple of years, that changes too...
Time marches on, folks...we're just along for the ride.

Cup out.
Can't disagree with this one.

Edit: And to whoever said I was angry on a karma to me, I'm not, I'm just genuinely curious about what you guys want, because honestly, I can't tell from the majority of dem ads.  Thanks.

Last edited by AlbertWesker[RE] (2006-11-08 10:40:52)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You slightly amused me with that, maybe I can get a straight answer from someone in our own country who isn't hell bent on playing devil's advocate.  Thanks for implying that those answers is what I expected Cam, I deserve more respect than that.
It wasn't specifically directed at you - it was just a sarcastic joke - I posted it earlier in a thread of Harmor's.
redhawk454
+50|6555|Divided States of America

HeimdalX wrote:

Typical liberal, probably?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard