Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
hmm, its 11.53 ausie time here, you in WA?
assau1t
+12|6701|sector a-35
tis blows
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6599|Sydney, Australia
will 12.00am sydney time and no connection time to kill the cat
HW--CHOPPER
+22|6677
hurry up EA pull that string tighter so us Aussies can have a game

its your tin can broken on your end, its not my tin can because I'm not the only Ozzie that with this problem

Last edited by HW--CHOPPER (2006-11-14 05:12:54)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
perhaps they are using the extra downtime to catch up on wiping the titan musical chairs glitchers.

@Walyl135 - If that was aimed at me my remark wasn't a dig at EA/DiCE's ability to patch, it was a comment that for the past 2 tuesdays we have been offered a "new" patch but it was just the old patch 1.01 notification coming round again. Are we being offered it again this week?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
dont know...9:15PM GMT+8 and still no connection..
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6653|UK
of for a wank whilst servers are down........ tick tock, are they up yet
fate
+0|6371
A huge company like EA can't afford to run parallel servers and update one set at a time?

Also, i can't even play... Out of fucking nowhere, i now have Lost connection to EA master server, which kicks me out ever 3 minutes. Did alittle reading, found out that i have to wait a month for an update or some retarded shit. I don't think EA gives a flying fuck bout shit. Glad i only paid 15 bucks for the game.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6760|Oregon, USA
Good thing that I dont play between  1 am and 3 am in the morning

Very often
dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY

walyl135 wrote:

if any of you had read the Ea post about patching you would have realised that unlike Bf2 the patching team was originally  the production team . the said they are doing thing's differently i applaude them on there sensibility in this issue not like the room full of "zoo" grade monkeys they had patching the last game. the other thing that has changed is that they are not adding any new content until they achieve 100% stability which means that only new bugs will arise from patchs and all bugs will be fixed before they start nerfing stuff and adding dopey vehicle drop's and new maps. its like getting a foothold on a cliff face before reaching for the next. you would do it if it was you....................................... just my 2 cent's
I want to give you your 2 cents back.  They have this so that they can add/change the ads in the game.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6491|Russia

ketel0ne wrote:

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

Hmmm. I guess DICE's uber-programmers have never heard about HA, 24x7, hot standby, failover and similar concepts?

Scheduled downtime TWO fucking hours every week??? Its 8 HOURS A MONTH for Pete's sake - if I get such uptime on systems I work with - they will fire me.

It's less than 99% availability - such numbers are not usually tolerated on high-volume production systems (which BF2142 servers obviously are).

So it proves that EA/DICE do not actually give a fuck about customers - given the money they're making out of this BF2142 racket they surely could use decent architecture.
8 hours a month is actually 98.97% which in every environment would be 99%
It's less than 99%. And everyone actually wants to get as close to 100% as possible (99.98%, 99.99%, etc.).

In large realtime-processing systems (for example, IN platforms for GSM prepaid billing, another would be financial transactions) every second of downtime is fucking expensive.

My point here is that DICE developers/QA DO suck. Especially if you consider well-known patch 1.05. It turned out that it was really a conflict with patch 1.01 - I've applied it to freshly-installed game and did not have crashes.
Such things really is like waving big red flag with words "We do not have any fucking clue on how to test patches and software releases!" by DICE.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6491|Russia

walyl135 wrote:

this issue not like the room full of "zoo" grade monkeys they had patching the last game. the other thing that has changed is that they are not adding any new content until they achieve 100% stability
Oh, really? Patch 1.05 proves this indeed. Much better testing/patching for BF2142, right-oh!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

Ashton, anyone?
[L4WD] thealmightygnome
+3|6478|A Cardboard Box, 29a

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

So it proves that EA/DICE do not actually give a fuck about customers - given the money they're making out of this BF2142 racket they surely could use decent architecture.
i'm sure their architecture is wonderful, especially the head office!
Private-Dan-G
+0|6346|UK
Seems like im not the only poor bastard that went and spent money on a game that requires you go online to play it but the company that made the game cant even setup a server properly lol

I have disabled my firwalls & set my pc to dmz in router, still lose the connection on EA's master server.

the prices they charge for games , and the performance (online gameplay wise) they have are shit! So no wonder people download games illegaly.

Thanx for nothing EA
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

fate wrote:

I don't think EA gives a flying fuck bout shit.
Flying fuck about shit lmao, awwwwwww that is gold!

Martyn
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6823|Netherlands
Still down at 12.20.hrs. GMT..

.way past 2 hours of maintenance
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790

Private-Dan-G wrote:

the prices they charge for games , and the performance (online gameplay wise) they have are shit! So no wonder people download games illegaly.

Thanx for nothing EA
How does that work?  If a game is shit, would you download if you could get it for free?  Does the gameplay actually make you think "Shall I pay for this?"  I think not.
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6635|Ede, Netherlands
dont know why bernadette closed the topic about Woken being wiped

even though it is maintenance day this off course should never have happened. 3000+ players have been wiped without an explanation!!!

yes me to.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Pipo-de-coma wrote:

even though it is maintenance day this off course should never have happened. 3000+ players have been wiped without an explanation!!!

yes me to.
"Bernadictus"
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

Pipo-de-coma wrote:

yes me to.
Because of this topic! And you dont have any idea how many topics will follow about erased stats.
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6635|Ede, Netherlands
maintenance window is closed already
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Pipo-de-coma wrote:

maintenance window is closed already
Figures this outage would occur on my work from home day
Pipo-de-coma
+1|6635|Ede, Netherlands
EA newsticker is telling us they are working on the problem.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

Sl4y3r wrote:

Pipo-de-coma wrote:

yes me to.
Because of this topic! And you dont have any idea how many topics will follow about erased stats.
Me thinks 3000+ (well tick mine off anywayz)

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard