Yes - Thoroughly28%28% - 21
Yes - Partly27%27% - 20
No - I played BF2 so I knew most stuff already41%41% - 30
No - I did not bother even though IDK anything2%2% - 2
Total: 73
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
I am curious to know what percentage of people actually read the manual before playing the game.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

there is a manual?

hmm. i guess i go under "no - cause i played bf2"
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FrenziedAU
+6|6449|Australia
Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Mind you, the damm thing is so titchy that reading it takes about 2 minutes.  I wish manuals were actually decent.  Does anyone remember old flight sims like 'Aces of the Pacific'?  That manual rocked.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

FrenziedAU wrote:

Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Mind you, the damm thing is so titchy that reading it takes about 2 minutes.  I wish manuals were actually decent.  Does anyone remember old flight sims like 'Aces of the Pacific'?  That manual rocked.
Have you played the Flight Simulating (Jet simulation) 'Falcon'?
The manual had the thickness of a Law School Textbook.
FrenziedAU
+6|6449|Australia

StormEye wrote:

FrenziedAU wrote:

Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Did it actually come as a printed book, or as a PDF?  I've played Dangerous Waters, which has a great manual - but it's only a PDF unless you pay extra .
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

FrenziedAU wrote:

StormEye wrote:

FrenziedAU wrote:

Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Did it actually come as a printed book, or as a PDF?  I've played Dangerous Waters, which has a great manual - but it's only a PDF unless you pay extra .
The manual was a THICK book.
Mind you, it was old times when the developers didn't know that it would save a lot of money for them to put the manual in PDF format (well, at that time I am not even sure whether PDF was popular anyway).
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
BTW to answer my own question.

I read the manual thoroughly BEFORE playing the game because I did not have my Desktop Computer with me at the time. I was away for some time and let one of my friends borrow my computer, and I have gotten it back 1 day after my pre-ordered game arrived at my doorstep. I read the manual just to see what the hell is going to be different in the new BF series compared to the ones before (I haven't played the BETA).
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Thread starter: you must be really bored..

either that or we've ALREADY run out of things to whine about.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville
I almost never read a manual.
Too much work.
I always want to go straight into action.
That is probably alo why my K/D ratio is crap.
Owh, and I have played BF2 off course.

Last edited by Gillenator (2006-11-07 02:29:29)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

spawnofthemist wrote:

Thread starter: you must be really bored..

either that or we've ALREADY run out of things to whine about.
Nah, what I had in mind was to take the post before somebody else makes it in BF2142 Forum.

I like giving Karma Points away, but I can only do that if I keep making posts.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6675|Houston, Texas
I just read it. I noticed the pac tank has a look around feature. I wonder if that's diffrent then hitting C.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

I just read it. I noticed the pac tank has a look around feature. I wonder if that's diffrent then hitting C.
You can do the 'Free Look' for any vehicle.
Go check your control and find the 'Free Look', it should be 'Ctrl' by default (Even though I have changed it to 'Z' and made 'Ctrl to be 'Crouch' for the Battle Walkers. It made more sense to me.)
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.

StormEye wrote:

FrenziedAU wrote:

Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Haha I remember that, I've got that book right next to me, Its fucking Huge!! I Love that Game.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-11-07 02:49:02)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6396|Evilsville

DaReJa wrote:

StormEye wrote:

FrenziedAU wrote:

Yes - Thoroughly here. 
Haha I remember that, I've got that book right next to me, Its fucking Huge!! I Love that Game.
I have that manual in pdf format.
Certainly a huge manual.
Never bothered to read the whole thing though. Just as with the Tekken series.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6680|In You Endo- Stoke
Nah i didn't read it i normally look over the manual twice once when i'm installing it,and once when getting the cd key.
I only check the pretty pictures too no reading..
levesly
+1|6538|UK, Derbyshire
I remember when manuals were 300 pages long. Like Civilization now there was a game manual.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

levesly wrote:

I remember when manuals were 300 pages long. Like Civilization now there was a game manual.
As I've mentioned about the game 'Falcon' above, I haven't seen a game that had thicker manual to come with than that.

The game was designed to simulate almost EVERYTHING that the jet can experience and ALL the controls that needs to be done to get the thing working correctly. The manual was very similar to the actual Pilot Manual when you are a Jet Pilot.
spawnofthemist
Banned

StormEye wrote:

I like giving Karma Points away,
well give me one.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu

spawnofthemist wrote:

StormEye wrote:

well give me one.
+1 for asking.

Please don't ask for points anymore, I am seriously running low.
encoded_evil
+1|6659|Gent
yes I readed the dutch manual and it sucked!

nothing about bonus points, ranks, badges

very poor manual
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
Alot of manuels are poor these days. But I always read them before playing. Just something I like doing i guess.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
If you play RPG's/TBG/RTS/FS then you get decent manuals, FPS's it's a case of point click kill hurray, not too technical.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6638|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I did one the bus on the way home from buying it.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6830
I had some issues getting it to work when it first came out so I gave it a quick once over.
spawnofthemist
Banned

StormEye wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

StormEye wrote:

well give me one.
+1 for asking.

Please don't ask for points anymore, I am seriously running low.
one every single day you are on these forums.

or your unlocks will start to disappear when you're sleeping.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard