yes, becasue with time comes expirence.35%35% - 135
no, i judge by their skill in game.38%38% - 146
no, becuase alot of times people are on second accounts9%9% - 37
i dont judge.12%12% - 48
Total: 376
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

rank can indicate skill but not always.  most stats on this game can be manipulated in one way or another so if you really want to look at skill then here's what i think is relevant.

5 Stats that Indicate Skill

1) k/d for infantry - i think getting it above 1 means your doing good.  if you're above 1.5 then you're a pretty damn good player.  considering the number of times you will be killed by arty, tanks, planes and choppers with pretty much no hope of fighting back, the infantry k/d is the toughest to be good at.*

2) kpm - if you are above 1 kpm then you are a killing machine (lots of commander time can skew this). 

Vehicles
3) k/d tank: >5 and for the person to have played lots of maps.  10 k/d ratio with all your time on karkand not so impressive.
4) k/d plane: >9 (unless all you do is play PLA on wake...woops, you thought nobody would notice )
5) k/d chopper: > 3...this is a wierd one because chopper pilots get no kills so check their driver points.  i have alot of respect for good chopper pilots/gunners because they have the toughest job which is taking out armor...and there's not alot of points in that.  don't particularly respect the MEC Sharqi Chopper Whores...but whatever.

*karkand adjustment: all stats have about a 40-50% inflation when you play on karkand.  even your infantry k/d will go up because there are so many medics to revive you.  also, nade spamming on this is a sure way to quickly increase your infantry k/d.  sharqi and mashtuur get maybe a 25% inflation over other maps.

Everything else can be manipulated.  Global k/d is worthless because you don't know if they include arty and tank kills.  Any measurement of points/score can be manipulated by playing certain kits/maps.  W/L...absolutely irrelevant considering you can always play USMC on karkand or teamswitch or play on your clan server...etc.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Deep Thoughts
Bragging about video games skills is equivalent to sucking your own dick...Fine if it gets you off, but generally its better when someone else does it!!!

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-11-10 08:02:39)

Moggle
+4|6589|I'm not sure

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

with time comes experience and overall knowledge of the mechanics of the game.
check the end of rounds, you will see 95% of the time that high rankers occupy the top 5.
if u kill a general that doesnt make you special or leet, it means u had luck.
Very rarely u will see generals on foot, we will always be inside armor, plane or chopper rapping ground troopers and engaging in battle with other vehicles.
G'day, agree with most of what you said, except would point out that it's not always luck, everyone including generals have gameplay areas they are not so good at, but most high rankers tend to avoid what they are not as good at.

As an example, you might consider avoiding the jets (as they would seem to be your weakest vehicle, based on the stats).

I'm jealous of your ground defence kdr though, i always seem to be sniped / bombed out of them as soon as I get into them...Where do you find works best??
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord

superfly_cox wrote:

...here's what i think is relevant.
Good post. I've been waiting for someone to come up with something like this and I think you got it mostly dead on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard