Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Very few countries have lost so many for a cause other than their own.
Name one occasion on which Australia was threatened.  And yet we have consistently fought wars all over the world.  The difference is we don't go around demand hero worship.
I think you forgot about the Japanese invasion of PNG - remember that that was part of Australia at the time, so it was a sort-of 'invasion' of Australia. I think that counts as a threat.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

ATG wrote:

And Australia didn't feel threatened in WW2?

The Australian SAS fought in Afganistan and Iraq because they are our lackies, right?

And the other " Allied" nations don't have enough dead to fill up their own cemeteries, or they would have them.
lol....
come one atg ive seen you do much better than that.
you know as well as i do that every nation involved in that war has more than enough dead.
you saying that is well... never mind....
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
Apparently, we CAN forget those fallen in battle, only to engage in petty debates about "who won WWII for the allies," how evil the US is, how arrogant Americans are, etc., etc., etc.

Can't we agree to honor the fallen?  Or are we to involved in our D&ST egos to take the time to agree for once?

I have seen several "remember our fallen" type threads here.  Why is it that the American ones become flame wars, while others do not?  Dare I suggest it may be that most of the posters here have the decency to respect the dead, but some find dead soldiers the perfect opportunity to bash the US...I would be ashamed to realize that I may have sunk that low merely to spread my political hatred.  Would you agree, or are you too engrossed in your hatred to realize what you are doing?

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-11-05 01:37:03)

blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6704|Little Rock, Arkansas

Spark wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

USA only joined WWWII because of Pearl Harbour. Of course I commend them for dropping their isolationist status and joining but they were initially acting on their own problems, not Europes.
does it really matter? if the USA hadn't intervened when it it did the map would look like this: north/south america, Japan, Germany, and maybe Russia.

Edit: bubbalo, stfu. just stfu. you wouldn't even be able to bitch if it weren't for those men. you'd be speaking german or japanese, and thats if you were lucky, you selfish asshole. the US didn't even need to fight in the european conflict. it was of little concern to us, just the japanese one mattered.
You might need to be re-acquainted with facts there. While the US did help the defence in Australia, it was primarily the result of the ADF's amazing feats on the Kokoda track and Milne Bay.

Either that or the fact that you didn't know bubbalo in an AUSTRALIAN. Not a German, British or Frenchman.
Not to jump into the middle of a fight in which I have no dog, but the fact that the US destroyed Japan's Navy and sealift capacity, as well as its air force, MIGHT have had a little to do with the ADF's successes. An army travels on fuel and stomachs. Disrupting supply lines is pretty important.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

Spark wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Very few countries have lost so many for a cause other than their own.
Name one occasion on which Australia was threatened.  And yet we have consistently fought wars all over the world.  The difference is we don't go around demand hero worship.
I think you forgot about the Japanese invasion of PNG - remember that that was part of Australia at the time, so it was a sort-of 'invasion' of Australia. I think that counts as a threat.
and the japanese invaded pearl harbour... that is a threat.
blisteringsilence

RAIMIUS wrote:

Apparently, we CAN forget those fallen in battle, only to engage in petty debates about "who won WWII for the allies," how evil the US is, how arrogant Americans are, etc., etc., etc.

Can't we agree to honor the fallen?  Or are we to involved in our D&ST egos to take the time to agree for once?

I have seen several "remember our fallen" type threads here.  Why is it that the American ones become flame wars, while others do not?  Dare I suggest it may be that most of the posters here have the decency to respect the dead, but some find dead soldiers the perfect opportunity to bash the US...I would be ashamed to realize that I may have sunk that low merely to spread my political hatred.  Would you agree, or are you too engrossed in your hatred to realize what you are doing?
Word to this guy.
Lasdferret
+16|6485

Knight`UK wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ZOMG iam sorry the whole world is in debt to the yanks please forgive me for doubting you guys you are the best .

ATG & Ender2309

why post and think anyone is going to take you serious when you cant post without posting whine/flame ??

Like i said its sad the US lost so many but you ATG forgot to mention the other fallen who lay side by side in the same fields as your fallen and spilled the same blood as you fellows.

I have family in the US and generally love the place.but i will not stand for you guys saying we owe you,when its obvious we don't .
wait wait wait, back this up a bit here.

when the hell did i ever say you owed me? never. not once. the world owes those soldiers who died a hell of a lot, but not a dime to america.

you owe them your freedom, your happiness, your family, everything.
I owe the soldiers of the Allies alot i agree but what made me mad with you and ATG is that you both think the US fought and won the war on your own .And you fellas wont even admitt that others have suffered loses just as heavy as you fellows.
Get your head out of your ass, the thread was made in rememberance (sp?) of out troops. We never said we won the war by ourselves, BUT we were a big key in winning WWII. America (Atleast the one I know) respects our allies like we respect our troops. Your acting like we praise that we died more than your guys did, well guess what? Were not!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

RAIMIUS wrote:

i think you failed to read the first post.... it was aimed at starting this, not a real attempt to remember anything.
kilgoretrout
+53|6472|Little Rock, AR

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Doesn't an invasion usually include ground forces?
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England

ATG wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

ATG wrote:

Those are AMERICAN cemeteries.
Can you point to another nation that has shed so much blood for others?

Didn't think so.
Did you even read the replies here or just pick the bits you feel are wrong in your mind ??in ww2 its known FACT other countries lost more then you .

Did you forget the fact its not you that always fight the wars but other countries stand side by side with you and shed their blood also ??
Yes, I obviously read your post, I quoted it didn't I?
Other countries may have lost more people, but did those people VOLUNTEER  for it?
Didn't think so.

BTW in ww1 and ww2 the U.S. got involved because it saw Germany taking over Europe, and perhaps the world. We would have eventually attacked Japan any ways as she was in the process of murdering all of China and the Philippines
I think you find the UK did volunteer in both WW's to fight alongside the countries suffering, stop trying to make the US the almighty hero's of the world and admit for a change that other's have suffered as bad as you guys.

This is a pointless discussion anways because you ATG are stuck in your ways and thinks the world owes everything to the US ,yeah iam grateful to them for there help in the past but like i said i OWE it to the soldiers of the ALLIED forces .
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

Lasdferret wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

wait wait wait, back this up a bit here.

when the hell did i ever say you owed me? never. not once. the world owes those soldiers who died a hell of a lot, but not a dime to america.

you owe them your freedom, your happiness, your family, everything.
I owe the soldiers of the Allies alot i agree but what made me mad with you and ATG is that you both think the US fought and won the war on your own .And you fellas wont even admitt that others have suffered loses just as heavy as you fellows.
Get your head out of your ass, the thread was made in rememberance (sp?) of out troops. We never said we won the war by ourselves, BUT we were a big key in winning WWII. America (Atleast the one I know) respects our allies like we respect our troops. Your acting like we praise that we died more than your guys did, well guess what? Were not!
read the first page of posts at least, because yes this is exactly what ATG is saying.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6495|Connecticut

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Then why did we go to Europe and fight instead of immediately going to Japan? Cuz we are so arrogant?
Malloy must go
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6641|Calgary,AB,Canada
Canada played a big part in the world wars as did all the other countries. It doesn't matter that one country did more then the other, or did less. What matters the most is that they fought for their freedom and individuality to call their country their own.

Last edited by gburndred (2006-11-05 01:40:43)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

kilgoretrout wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Doesn't an invasion usually include ground forces?
ok... attacked wow quit playing with words, you know exactly what i ment, and the point. somthing that constituted a threat to the US.
Lasdferret
+16|6485

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

read the first page of posts at least, because yes this is exactly what ATG is saying.
I've read the whole thread.
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

gburndred wrote:

Canada played a big part in the world wars as did all the other countries. It doesn't matter that one country did more then the other, or did less. What matters the most is that they fought for their freedom and individuality to call their country their own.
The only Canadien in this thread who makes sense.
Malloy must go
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Then why did we go to Europe and fight instead of immediately going to Japan? Cuz we are so arrogant?
quote with the proper response, did i say you were arrogent there, quit throwing that around, its becoming as bad as the "race card"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

RAIMIUS wrote:

Would you agree, or are you too engrossed in your hatred to realize what you are doing?
Nailed it there brother.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden

kilgoretrout wrote:

klassekock wrote:

ATG wrote:

I never said you owe it all to us.
The point was to remind you people of them boyz pushing up daisies. They are not there for oil, or money or politics, they are there for freedom.
Dying in a war is just plain stupid, no matter what the cause is!!!!!
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read...
Now, allow me to clearify some things here.

1. I am not stupid. If you knew me (which you apparently don't) , that comment would never have seen the light of day.
2. As war is the dumbest thing invented on earth (disagree on that and you are the dumbest lifeform in the whole universe) people who do war must therefore be stupid too.

You may justify war and say it's for freedom, for stability and so on. But you can never look away from the fact that if we didn't make war against each other, the world would be SO much better
So hear me- WAR IS STUPID!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

Lasdferret wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

ok please go back and re-read the 5th 8th and 11th posts..
Spark
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Cos' if someone declares war on you, it's sensible to fight back? [/duh]

In any case we could run this 'my country saved your ass'/'no it didnt this country did' debate for years and reach no conclusion. The simle truth is EVERY major country involved in WWII helped achieve victory in some crucial and irreplacable way - so EVERYONE saved EVERYONE's asses (including Germany - by making the idiotic decision to fight a war on two fronts. Which sorta lost them WWI.)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lasdferret
+16|6485

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

Lasdferret wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

ok please go back and re-read the 5th 8th and 11th posts..
Sorry for stating my opinion. Thats why I never post in these damn threads.
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

klassekock wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

klassekock wrote:

1. I am not stupid. If you knew me (which you apparently don't) , that comment would never have seen the light of day.
2. As war is the dumbest thing invented on earth (disagree on that and you are the dumbest lifeform in the whole universe) people who do war must therefore be stupid too.

You may justify war and say it's for freedom, for stability and so on. But you can never look away from the fact that if we didn't make war against each other, the world would be SO much better
1) War is an action, it cant be invented.

2) You are conducting a forum battle, thus it is a forum war.

3) That makes you the dumbest lifeform in the whole universe.

We now agree on something!

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2006-11-05 01:49:29)

Malloy must go
Spark
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

deeznutz1245 wrote:

klassekock wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

1) War is an action, it cant be invented.

2) You are conducting a forum battle, thus it is a forum war.

3) That makes you the dumbest lifeform in the whole universe.

We now agree on something!
Klassekock, google Jus ad bellum. It will interest you.
~ Richard Feynman
blisteringsilence

klassekock wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

klassekock wrote:

Dude, that is a very black and white statement. Here on planet earth where I live, there are indeed things worth fighting for. I once had to shoot a man that was breaking into my house. It was worth doing.

Is war sad? Yes, immensly. Is it stupid? Perhaps. Is it necessary? Yes, sometimes it is.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
~J S Mills

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard