Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6841|OP, KS
5. Why punish? Just to be an asshole?
4. 75-80% of punishes come from an accidental team-kill
3. Teammate runs in front of a vehicle that says 2/2 or 3/3 and then get killed auto punish ....
2. Pilot jumps out of a ship that is going down and gets team-kill because of a bug in the game. Auto punish....
1. Auto Punisher's, Auto Punisher's, and Auto Punisher's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personal have never tk'd on purpose yet I almost alway get punished. This has to stop I work hard for my score I have very little time to play and when I do play I work to get the best score in every round I play in when some asshole comes and punishes me for an accidental tk I want to reach though the computer screen and strangle them. (I know I need Counseling ). Maybe we could come up with a better way of discouraging TK's other that the punish option.

Maybe for every tk you have in a round you have to wait an extra 5 seconds to spawn up to a 30 second spawn time this would discourage people form TK'ing and yet still preserve their score.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2006-11-04 12:30:42)

Swiss
+20|6558
"4. 75-80% of punishes come from an accidental team-kill"
how did you come up with this?
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6841|OP, KS

Swiss wrote:

From 606 hours of BF2 and 30 hours on 2142. Observation. Looking at the who punishes and who forgives during a round and from personal experience. But mostly out of my ass

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2006-11-04 12:36:35)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6720|NL
when there is no admin and you got little kids that tk on purpose.... i just LOVE the punish key.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6425|da ville, va
You know either way you get negative four right?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6578|Area 51

Neoburn_1035 wrote:

Maybe for every tk you have in a round you have to wait an extra 5 seconds to spawn up to a 30 second spawn time this would discourage people form TK'ing and yet still preserve their score.
Would be a bit harsh if you made 5 accidental TK's
There should be some kind of detection that shows wether it was an on purpose TK or an accidental one..
And my way of punishing is: you tk me I wait, if I get revived I will forgive and if I die I will punish, but this only applies to times in which I just can throw the game out of the window.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-11-04 12:40:47)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6538|dunno
i punish if i dont know who you are if i know you i forgive.
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6841|OP, KS

The_Killer wrote:

i punish if i don't know who you are if i know you i forgive.
Thats dumb I only punish if some one runs up to me and kills me. If it's my fault I own up to it. That is what everyone should do. It's not that hard to figure out if your at fault or if the other player is.

evilcartman99 wrote:

You know either way you get negative four right?
If a player punishes it take more points than the -4 away. Plus the - points is what I am talking about in general. There should be no - points.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2006-11-04 12:44:57)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6547|Edmonton Alberta
it doesnt matter if they punish or not you still get -4 points per team kill
Kaiser0
+2|6510
Are we talking BF2 or 2142?
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6604|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
I always punish.. Unless I know you..  Why? You might ask.. Well the simple anwser is that I have yet to be forgiven for a TK in 2142.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6633|Mhz

Why does it bother you? You don't lose any extra points, its -3 forgive or not.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-11-04 15:20:57)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

How about, if u press punish u get auto explodededed!!! ahahahahaaha

Edit: I said click, but knew some pedantic bastard would try and correct me so HA!

Last edited by Bell (2006-11-04 15:30:01)

Crusty
+11|6790
I always wait my whole death time before pressing punish if it wasn't clear it wasn't an accident. Obviously if they chase me down and stab me on purpose their getting punished (wish there was something more I could do to them). But most of the time i forgive immediately if it was an accident or it was blatenly my fault (like assaulting a Silo when everyone is throwing grenades...dumb dumb move. or better yet jumping out of the transport ship only to die immediately, I love that one) But anyways. my rule of thumb is that I wait my whole spawn time for them to radio "sorry" or what not and then maybe I punish (besides it auto forgives when you respawn)
Dex Luther
+32|6450|Canukastan

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Why does it bother you? You don't lose any extra points, its -3 forgive or not.
But each punish brings you closer to an auto kick.

If I'm teamkilled I wait. If I see a "sorry" or something like that, I forgive. If it was my fault, I auto forgive and type sorry. If the guy's a douche or just plain retarded (accidental TK for something really stupid or intentional TK) then I punish.

What I hate is when I get punished for a TK that's either their fault or unintentional.

Some people apparently enjoy trying to play fetch with live grenades.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6631|InGerLand
it should be changed, i reckon that you should only be allowed to punish if you are TK'd by the same person more than once or you are shot
nades, vehicles, mines, should not be punishable
vehicles should distinguish between being run over and being shot, to avoid people shooting their own team mates from inside a tank on purpose or something
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6644|New Hampshire, USA

Swiss wrote:

87.4553% of statistics are made up on the spot
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Rogue_granny
+22|6578
I think the punishing in 2142 is a bit harsh as the points are not high as in bf2, also there are some dicks on the servers who just don't think eg. was playing last night on a server and spawned on the squad beacon by why of a pod drop accidentally squashing my teammate in the process, the worst part was this prick turns around and punishes me well my response was anything but friendly over voip as you can imagine
AoWs-Avantek
+3|6424|New York
You get -3 points taken away wether your punished or forgived CANT YOU PEOPLE UNDRERSTAND THIS? So if you dont want to lose points you have to avaid a tk. It dosent matter if you get punished or not you still lose 3 points. Punishes are to make sure that a person that constantly teamkills is kicked out of the server after 4or5 punishes so that you don't need an admin to control it. I know most people abuse the punish option but one punish wont get you kicked.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6634|Gold coast, Aus.

AoWs-Avantek wrote:

You get -3 points taken away wether your punished or forgived CANT YOU PEOPLE UNDRERSTAND THIS?
I KNOW. Any thread biased on the tk system always turns into this arguement. A mod should create a sticky and whenever someone asks/argues they can point them there ffs.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6774|Internet!
I always forgive, regardless of how intentional it seems. I've done some *really* stupid stuff while playing, and have ended up killing teammates in bizzare ways.

I've had brain-fades and forgot what team I was on and blew away a poor bastard who was just standing there. Wasn't intentional, but most certainly probably seemed that way to him.

It is rather frustrating to get punished when that happens, especially after I revive them. I think EA should change the system so that you'd have to wait 15 seconds before being allowed to punish. That way the killer would have a moment to either revive or apologise. Or both. (And also so you could have 15 seconds to calm down, instead of just being "WTF!?!? PAGE DOWN!!!")
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6634|Gold coast, Aus.

Kanil wrote:

I always forgive, regardless of how intentional it seems. I've done some *really* stupid stuff while playing, and have ended up killing teammates in bizzare ways.

I've had brain-fades and forgot what team I was on and blew away a poor bastard who was just standing there. Wasn't intentional, but most certainly probably seemed that way to him.

It is rather frustrating to get punished when that happens, especially after I revive them. I think EA should change the system so that you'd have to wait 15 seconds before being allowed to punish. That way the killer would have a moment to either revive or apologise. Or both. (And also so you could have 15 seconds to calm down, instead of just being "WTF!?!? PAGE DOWN!!!")
Yea....I was playing on a server that had autoswap after each round...Aaand being 4 in the morning i wasn't thinking too brightly...So i walk up behind 4 enemies and think "OMG jackpot, time for a knifing"

*STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *STAB*

"You were punished for a TeamKill"

"You have been kicked from the server for teamkilling or a succesful kick vote"
Xenoscope
+2|6396
I've been TK'd probably 500 times in my BF2/BF2141 career and I've only punished about 10 of them; who did it on purpose. On the other hand I TK'd 322 people (BF2) and I'm pretty sure I got punished 80% of the time.

I believe that punishers are assholes that need to be stabbed in the heart repeatedly.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6668|Brisbane, Australia

I punish, all the fucking time, go have a tear.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6654|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
why do you fags care so much about punishing?
it doesnt take away from your precious score.

and it doesnt show up on your precious stats.

its just one step closer to being kicked by the autoadmin.

and IMO if you teamkill, you should be kicked anyway.

punishing for teamkills ftw.

unless someone is on some form of VoIP with me,
be that: Skype, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or the ingame VoIP
and apologises for it, i always punish for teamkills.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-05 03:56:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard