VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica
There was a thread like this for BF2 and I thought it would be interesting again.  Tell the first round of retail 2142 that you played.

When I logged in I chose the 2 default assault unlocks, shotgun and defibs.  There were only 4 servers, three of which were totally filled.  There was 1 slot open in a German (I think, it may have been Belgium/Netherlands) server and I joined.  It was running Camp Gibraltar 32 with 32 slots.  I spawned at the Ruins and revived a guy then killed a few ppl.  About halfway through the round I climbed onto the east wall of the Toll Station and started sniping all the PAC sniper nubs with my SCAR 11.  I got promoted, a gold star, several distinguished combats, and an emergency rescue pin.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6562|The Land of Claywhore
2142..........pfft
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6416|NSW, Australia

i died a whole lot of times...but i did ok i guess
LT.Victim
+1,175|6573|British Columbia, Canada
Cant even remember what map it was..
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6759|Mark it zero.
i joined halfway through and there was no commander so i decided to give it a try and see what the assets were like. got both of those combat service pins for the kill streaks and went up a rank. it was a fun round of sitting in a ground defense weapon the whole time. the orbital strike can be fun.
Aust1mh
+23|6579|Sydney, Australia
I died a few times... got a kill or 2 then i got the "Crash To Desktop" part of the game.

About 2 days of tryin'  i got through a hole round!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6632|Gold coast, Aus.

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

2142..........pfft
You dont like 2142? ok, get the fuck out of the "Battlefield 2142" forum.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6545|Edmonton Alberta
i got 2142 2 days after release first thing i did was turn all my graphics settings to high 4xAA 16xAF joined a 64 player server playing gibralter and i got 20 FPS it was then i realized i cant run this game at the same settings as bf2
so i toned it down to med 4xAA 8xAF 40-50 fps

when i actually started playing i picked gibralter again because it seemed like a good map and i did fairly well if i  remember right....then i got disconnected

Last edited by straz_mataz (2006-11-03 21:35:18)

The_Punisher_1987
Banned
+27|6851
cant remember
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6716|Antarctica

The_Punisher_1987 wrote:

cant remember
Thats why...............

You fail.

And I should have made this thread sooner.....

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-11-03 23:12:57)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6537|Singapore
chose my frag grenades unlock

chose a server with the map Verdun

got disconnected

gg
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6684|Houston, Texas
yeah you should of made it sooner, i cant remember anymore
MagiCandy
+18|6664
Logged in
Got the defib unlock and then joined a titan sever.
Joined the PAC team in the middle of titan defense and got some pins and 1 badge, and a promotion.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland
i didnt get my Vert. stats cause i logged on my wrong EA account. But my 1st round was just sniping the the Berlin map and I got like 20 kills from it [ppl didnt really know where to hide]
pippin_death
Devon Dweller
+36|6597|Devon, England
Think the first I went on was C/G and got about 1/2 a point for a KDA then the map ended

how did you get two unlocks to begin with???

Pip
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6668|Devil's Perch

pippin_death wrote:

how did you get two unlocks to begin with???
BF2 veteran status (1) plus pre-order bonus (1) from certain retailers.

My first round in retail 2142... *think*

I know I unlocked frag grenades and defib first, but can't really remember the first round multiplayer.
I know I practised in single player for quite a few hours on the given maps, just killing bots and playing around with their unlocks.
I know my first MP round has been on one of the EA DE servers, I think Conquest on either Fall of Berlin or Belgrade. I didn't do too bad thanks to having played beta, demo and SP before and got myself the next promotion quite quick.
Proud member of a dead community.

gene_pool wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

2142..........pfft
WELL DAMN SAID
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6537|Singapore

gene_pool wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

2142..........pfft
QFE
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

I wanted points so I joined "Sidi Power Plant", titan mode LoL. To make use of my demo experience

I got 4-5 of 200+ scores and unlocked bunch of stuff. Than I moved on
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

Belgrade + support = fun. Took it slow in the first round and practiced avoiding the walkers in a city. Got a few efficiency pins....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6593|MANCHESTERRR
I went to sidi again cos i played the demo, jumped off the titan and got airbourne service ribbon, got a silver star at the end of it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
I jumped of the titan, pressed the jump key, hanged in my parachute for 10 seconds, landed and whaam I got 20 points

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-11-04 04:35:05)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6705|Vancouver BC Canada
I got OWNED

Jumped off the titan went for the 9 key and went WHAM into the ground.

But im better now

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-11-04 04:43:39)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6655|Malibu
Looking back on my first 2142 round... Map was Minsk.

I actually used ALL the class of kits to see how they work.

I was a little bit confused as of where the bullet hits using the new scope on Sniper Rifles. Missed a LOT of shots thinking that the bullet hits on the spot at the tip of the bottom line... damn Call of Duty German K98K scope messing with my mind.

I was greatly amused that all the assault rifles & smgs have aim-points (makes sense, since it is 2142). The thing was that I did not unlock the defib first (I was aiming for the Zeller-H... I'm sniper, what can I say...), therefore, a lot of people got mad at me when I played assault and without the defib.

Engineer. Now this class got boosted in its talents with SMGs that can own rifle noobs... One shot kill with the correct spots...

Support class was suprisingly fun to use, despite that I didn't really play support back in BF2 time. LMGs = PKM upgraded... LoL

I remember also that I got knifed like 5 times in a row because I was blatantly confused with th knife timing in 2142. I was really sad...
Entertayner
+826|6581

I got promoted twice on my first round on Cerbere got like 50 or 60 points.. Can't remember.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard