Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

OMG not this guy again..lol
Looks like you guys have a new hero.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6697

That guy sounds pissed off at Bill O'Reilly.
SoC./Omega
+122|6540|Omaha, Nebraska!
Random comment: Democrats make me mad alot. I'm tired of them dodging simple questions such as "If you would stay in Iraq but change the strategy, what would you change the strategy to?" they usually bring up a different topic after a question like that. I saw today on FOX NEWS a democratic stratigist saying democrats need to stop the attacks on Bush, he didn't agree with Bush but he thought that there was too much bashing Bush.

Two more things.
1. Why do you watch him?
2. (John Kerry subject) How can he say that joke was aimed at Bush when it had nothing to do with him? It was all aimed at the troops and everyone knows it. So what does he do? He trys to make up an excuse for his dumbass remark about our troops. What is the excuse? I was just aiming it at Bush, this had nothing to do with the troops.

His "botched joke" is this "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
He can say that is aimed at Bush?

Troops respond with a sign like this
https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6140/storysign620wtmj1vt7.jpg
I think that is very funny IMO. You show him troops!
IRONCHEF
+385|6490|Northern California
I love Wes Clark.  Way too smart to be on O'Reilly's show.  And while we're railing on the O'Lielly factor (or the "O'Really" factor), let's remember this moment: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 … kris1.html

Yep, Good 'ole "Falafel Bill."
https://www.sfist.com/attachments/sfist_jon/falafel3.gif

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-11-03 14:59:56)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

So John Kerry makes an off-the-cuff remark not even slandering the troops, but the troop enlistment process, and he "poos on the troops."  Bill O'Reilly straight up lies and accuses dead WWII veterans of committing a massacre (which Olbermann clearly demonstrates is not true) and it's just laughed off.

GG guys.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-11-03 15:12:35)

SoC./Omega

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

So John Kerry makes an off-the-cuff remark not even slandering the troops, but the troop enlistment process, and he "poos on the troops."  Bill O'Reilly straight up lies and accuses dead WWII veterans of committing a massacre (which Olbermann clearly demonstrates is not true) and it's just laughed off.

GG guys.
Did you notice the dates on which he said the comments? NOTICE they were before John Kerry ever made the remarks.

GG Ken
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

SoC./Omega wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GG guys.
Did you notice the dates on which he said the comments? NOTICE they were before John Kerry ever made the remarks.

GG Ken
I am talking about this forum, the dates have no relevance to my comment.

Let me make this clearer - People here on this forum are heavily critical of statements Kerry made, yet laugh off statements Bill O'Reilly made.  Better?

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-11-03 15:20:17)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Discuss.
Olbermann is over the top, but he does make some good points.

As a side note, the Stewie sound bite was hilarious.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6645

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

GG Ken
That's what I thought. Omega's post doesn't really make much sense, yet apparenty he thinks he has owned you.

Turquoise
O Canada

SoC./Omega wrote:

Random comment: Democrats make me mad alot. I'm tired of them dodging simple questions such as "If you would stay in Iraq but change the strategy, what would you change the strategy to?" they usually bring up a different topic after a question like that. I saw today on FOX NEWS a democratic stratigist saying democrats need to stop the attacks on Bush, he didn't agree with Bush but he thought that there was too much bashing Bush.
I agree that Democrats are often at a loss for coming up with alternative routes to completing the Iraq mission.  One Democrat who actually does seem to have a solution is Joe Biden.  As I've mentioned before, he advocates splitting Iraq into 3 autonomous regions by ethnicity.  There are still other questions to ask if we go forth with this plan, but at least it's a start.

SoC./Omega wrote:

Two more things.
1. Why do you watch him?
2. (John Kerry subject) How can he say that joke was aimed at Bush when it had nothing to do with him? It was all aimed at the troops and everyone knows it. So what does he do? He trys to make up an excuse for his dumbass remark about our troops. What is the excuse? I was just aiming it at Bush, this had nothing to do with the troops.

His "botched joke" is this "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
He can say that is aimed at Bush?

Troops respond with a sign like this
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6140 … mj1vt7.jpg
I think that is very funny IMO. You show him troops!
As another thread here shows, both Kerry and Bush have a history of making inappropriate "jokes" that demean our troops.  It just so happens that Kerry has most recently made one.  It also happened to be televised.  Regardless of Kerry's real meaning in his words, he really fucked himself on that one....
Turquoise
O Canada

IRONCHEF wrote:

I love Wes Clark.  Way too smart to be on O'Reilly's show.  And while we're railing on the O'Lielly factor (or the "O'Really" factor), let's remember this moment: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 … kris1.html

Yep, Good 'ole "Falafel Bill."
http://www.sfist.com/attachments/sfist_jon/falafel3.gif
LOL....  But yeah, Wesley Clark is one of the better Democrats out there.  Now that Mark Warner has dropped out of the race, I'd say Clark is the most electable candidate the Democrats have for president.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I would probably vote for Wesley Clark.  I am not one to vote mainstream parties (especially Repub or Dem) but I like the idea of having a Four-Star General in charge of our country.  Honestly, I like it much better when our Commander-In-Chief actually has legitimate Armed Forces experience.
Turquoise
O Canada

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I would probably vote for Wesley Clark.  I am not one to vote mainstream parties (especially Repub or Dem) but I like the idea of having a Four-Star General in charge of our country.  Honestly, I like it much better when our Commander-In-Chief actually has legitimate Armed Forces experience.
Eisenhower was a great president, and Clark would seem to be a man of similar character.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6775|Kansas, USA

PspRpg-7 wrote:

That guy sounds pissed off at Bill O'Reilly.
Yes, he does make some good points, but you hit the nail on the head. Bill O'Reilly kills all other competition - they don't even come close. I think that plays into a big part of this. It's actually kind of ironic that he would dedicatre an entire segment concerning another broadcaster.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Stewie is entertaining.  PMSnbc is boring.  Zzzzzzzzzzz.  Bill got it wrong, he should've made an apology of much more length and substance than he gave. 

So should John F'ing Kerry.  He's an ass who hasn't stopped pissing on the military since Vietnam.  That record in the past makes it hard to believe Johnny that it was a "botched joke".  He got caught with his pants down and still hasn't apologized, only making a statement that he was sorry if anyone was offended.  Equal to an "I'm sorry I got caught" admission of guilt.  His friends in the liberal media continue to trumpet what he "meant to say" to stop the bleeding.  If what he says is true and he botched the joke, then I guess he is  just that stupid.  The truth is that he has exposed what elected Democrats really think of the military.  Bill O. screwed up royally and embarrassed himself.  John Kerry screwed up royally because he torpedoed his own party on national tv a week before an election.
Commie Killer
+192|6386
I cant stand PMSnbc. Air America is almost better.
SoC./Omega

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

GG Ken
That's what I thought. Omega's post doesn't really make much sense, yet apparenty he thinks he has owned you.

I was copying his line that he thinks he owned everyone. My post made perfect sense, I have read it multiple times and have yet came up with something that didn't make sense. So, make sure you read it again and tell me it doesn't make sense.
Turquoise
O Canada

Commie Killer wrote:

I cant stand PMSnbc. Air America is almost better.
I find it funny that people will judge an entire channel over one commentator.  The reason why I don't like Fox News is because I hate Bill O'Reilly, Brit Hume, Sean Hannity, and Ann Coulter (a frequent guest).

MSNBC isn't a totally political channel like Fox News.  Even when they are political, it's not the same message every time.  Joe Scarborough has a show on MSNBC, and he's far from being liberal.  He's a moderate conservative on some issues but really conservative on others, so MSNBC has something for everyone politically.

Thankfully, most of the channel is devoted to finance topics that are mostly non-political.  They're quite good at it too.
thanks_champ
+19|6521
Regardless of what John Kerry intended - and i truly believe he isn't stupid enough to insult US troops during election time - he shouldn't have phrased a joke that could have been construed so. FFS, why not just walk around with your pants down Kerry.

Last edited by thanks_champ (2006-11-03 22:19:44)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6548|San Diego, CA, USA
I like Bill O'Reilly, but in recent years he's become too liberial and tries to be a 'moderate' on some issues.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
that guy is an idiot he is just reading stuff from the prompter but any who O'Reilly is not that bad as this guy makes him sound like he is Osama.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6643|Seattle, WA

Turquoise wrote:

MSNBC.
LOL, not political, you gotta be kidding me, they ran an entire segment over three weeks with SLANDER against Bill O Reilly using quotes WAY out of context.  If you think MSNBC is unbiased, you might as well say Fox news is unbiased.
CC-Marley
+407|6828
He should of stuck with ESPN. I thought he was gonna cry towards the very end. He was peeking out alittle.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Stingray24 wrote:

Bill got it wrong, he should've made an apology of much more length and substance than he gave.
he gave no apology, nothing of  any length or any substance.  All he did was clarify exactly how fucking stupid he is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard