Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

Dex Luther wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

a lot of garbage..
you never answered my question.
If it's a k/p server (as I saw someone claiming it was), and is a ranked server, then it should be shutdown.

People keep saying stats are meaningless. If that's true, it's only because of stat padders, k\p and high point server, etc stripping stats of any meaning and\or usefulness.

For stats to mean something or be useful there needs to be a balance. I'm sure when you rent a ranked server you're notified that there are certain rules you have to abide by such as you can't force people to only use one weapon (as in knife or pistol only), etc. People choose to ignore these rules, and so ROE tries to fix it by reporting these types of things to EA.

EA should have their own ROE people. It would make the whole process more efficient than having to pass through a middle man.
Well, the person who payed their hard earned cash for the server should get the right to do whatever the fuck they want.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

Dex Luther wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

a lot of garbage..
you never answered my question.
If it's a k/p server (as I saw someone claiming it was), and is a ranked server, then it should be shutdown.

People keep saying stats are meaningless. If that's true, it's only because of stat padders, k\p and high point server, etc stripping stats of any meaning and\or usefulness.

For stats to mean something or be useful there needs to be a balance. I'm sure when you rent a ranked server you're notified that there are certain rules you have to abide by such as you can't force people to only use one weapon (as in knife or pistol only), etc. People choose to ignore these rules, and so ROE tries to fix it by reporting these types of things to EA.

EA should have their own ROE people. It would make the whole process more efficient than having to pass through a middle man.
From my chat with Das naziscout, the ROE is being controled by EA and dice.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6660|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
May i refer you to the following BFROE.com thread about knife and pistol servers:
http://www.bfroe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812

and no it's not an evil scary knife and pistol server..

we ask nicely for people to use the knife when someone gets the jump on them with a knife..
a sort of "honourable battle"..

purely to add more enjoyment into the game.. not for padding stats..
plus, you can get an OMFGSHINEYDOGTAG out of it.

we dont say "knives and pistols only"

come back with a better argument before proclaiming my server will be shut down.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-04 10:31:49)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

spawnofthemist wrote:

May i refer you to the following BFROE.com thread about knife and pistol servers:

we ask nicely for people to use the knife when someone gets the jump on them with a knife..

come back with a better argument before proclaiming my server will be shut down.
Having honour is good. Unlike nubs who take out their guns when you use your knife. EA ain't shutting down my server, otherwise no monies to them.
Dex Luther
+32|6457|Canukastan

spawnofthemist wrote:

I didn't say it would. I said if it's a knife pistol only server then it should (and probably eventually would) get shut down.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

Dex Luther wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

I didn't say it would. I said if it's a knife pistol only server then it should (and probably eventually would) get shut down.
Who said our server is a KP server?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6540|Austin, Texas
I'm against the soon-to-be 2142 ROE.

What SHOULD be the ROE:

1. No Glitching/Hacking.

End of.
Zefar
+116|6668|Sweden
I think the ROE should have these rules.

1. No Glitching/hacking
2. No Statpadding (I'm sure you can think up of some ways to statpad without doing anything good.)
3. No abusive admins. (Kicking you for knifing him and such things or being to owning or spawn raping when you don't)

That's about it.

Also if someone tries to knife me I'll gladly give them something to carry, but it ain't my dogtag. Like it or not but in a war I'll gladly knife people from the behind but I don't like when someone rush againts me with a knife. Then they gonna be filled with lead. Because my knife is somewhat bugged and refuse to work now and then so I only knife when I'm I will get it or when I'm trying to get the badge.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6584|Area 51
I honestly can't care about someone else their stats, as long as the BFROE consist out of: No Hacking and No Cheating and No Bug/Glitch Abusing, its all fine with me, but rules like you may not statpad! it just retarded, it doesn't affect anyone if he has more points because he pads all day long, play the game for fun.
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6679

VonGimli wrote:

Forcing players into knife fights is against the rules.
Don't fucking join if it says k/p if you don't want to. 

stolen from BFROE wrote:

I second ghost's thought. For real. Not to disrespect you in your house but, come on. If we paid for this game and paid for a server, then we should be able to do what we want as long as the aren't hacks or anything going on. There are thousands of other server out there and if you don't like the particular "rules" governed by the owners, then feel free to leave and find another one. The whole purpose of renting a server is to have contorl over how it is played and who plays in it. We have all played in all kinds of servers with all kinds of rules. Some you like, some you don't. I have been kicked for killing an admin and many other wierd reasons. I got fed up and got my own server. Now I play how and when I want with who I want. My squad loves it. What is the big deal with high points, sniper only, k/p servers anyway. Let me break it down this way:

High points v. normal:
High points last 1-2 hours to get 200-300 points.
Normal lasts 20-40 mins to get maybe 100 points.
Basically you get the same amount of points in the same time frame. But I guess you all are worried that so-and-so has a BRS that is higher than yours.

Sniper:
I have never played on one of these but it sounds fun. Kind of like the high points, you will eventually get the sniper awards, some people just prefer that kit. Why knock it.

K/P:
See sniper. There is a different level of excitement in a knife fight.

With enough time playing this game, you can eventually get all the medals, ribbons, etc. So what is the big deal of how they get it or how fast. Let the people play how they want to play. They paid for that right. Get off your high horses and play the damn game.
enough said.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard