Poll

OK so what series do you prefer, 'Pro Evolution Soccer' or 'Fifa'

Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven in other places)56%56% - 45
Fifa (EA's money spinning cash cow)43%43% - 35
Total: 80
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
OK being British...and male...I am a HUGE football fan, i must stress that I mean football, and not 'American football', as i refuse to call the beautiful game Soccer.

Anyway I like playing football games and wondered what all of you guys thought was the best.  Personally my vote goes to Pro Evo.  It's gameplay is so much more dynamic than that of it's counterpart.  OK there is no denying that Fifa wins the graphics battle hands down, and with it's licenced players and teams, it is  understandable why people find it appealing.  However I see thorugh the licencing situation and know that Pro Evo is by far the better game when it comes to gameplay and gaming realism on the pitch.

Please follow this simple request and for god's sake dont turn this into a US/UK bashing thread and saying things like "our football is better than your football!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6626|Gold Coast, Australia
Fifa, because my cousin played in the real Fifa world cup this year. (Tim Cahill, Socceroos) ...Bloody Italy

And its the only one i've played.

Last edited by TerrorisT² (2006-11-03 06:09:13)

The Magic Mullet
+240|6424
FIFA is for bedwetters who really don't appreciate what a good football game should be. It's for people who are far more bothered about all the players names being right than the actual gameplay.

"Fuck me, David Weir has just scored an overhead kick from 70 yards out"

"Fuck it, who cares, look how realistic his boots look!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's shite.

PES is far superior on every single level.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

TerrorisT² wrote:

Fifa, because my cousin played in the real Fifa world cup this year. (Tim Cahill, Socceroos) ...Bloody Italy

And its the only one i've played.
And he knocked my beloved Sunderland out of the semi final of the FA Cup when he played for Millwall in the 2003/04 season, with a header.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6775|WC
You forgot to add: 'They both suck'
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

The Magic Mullet wrote:

FIFA is for bedwetters who really don't appreciate what a good football game should be. It's for people who are far more bothered about all the players names being right than the actual gameplay.

It's shite.

Muahahaha, so true +1.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

ToiletTrooper wrote:

You forgot to add: 'They both suck'
No I forgot to add 'I have the mental age of an 8 year old and must post sarcastic comments in threads'
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6637|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Pes is more about gameplay, fifa is more about looks.

Both games win for different games but ive always been a fifa man and always will be.
Electonic Komando
+1|6499|War Saw Town
Pro Evo Soccer since PSone. I don't mind lack of licence and orginal names of the players as long as there is editor in game.
Snipe=UKLF=
+17|6617|UK
Pro Evo FTW!.. takes a bit longer to master but once you get the hang of it there's no turning back!

I spent more time playing pro evo than studying whilst at uni.. i can highly recommend incorporating it into drinking games as well. Nothing beats a good 2 player 30 min match where you have to drink 2 fingers everytime play is stopped!
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6586
Fifa is better i think.I got Fifa 04 and 06 on PS2.Played 07 on PS2 with my cousin.Its Good.I got Pro Evo 3 on PC but i do not like it.

Last edited by Pvt.Kosak (2006-11-03 10:17:19)

E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK
I owned every Fifa from 94 to 2000, then I discovered PES and have been playing it ever since. I was number 4 in the UK on PES5 online for the PS2. Now I don't have a console so no PES. I refuse to play it on PC because PES is a console game.

But PES all the way. Anyone who says fifa is better doesnt know what a proper football game is.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
PES is good sometimes you get so immersed in the game.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6599|S.C.
I bought a copy of Pes for a friend who was a fifa player now he is a convert to Pes, i stick to fifa cos i can't be bothered to buy any more football games.
dark110
+37|6622|Chicagoland
American football > Everone elses foorball
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6474|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
as soon as i saw the name of this topic i knew instantly that some imature americans would respond with stupid posts!!

well anyways......PES ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

The Magic Mullet wrote:

It's shite.

QFT

PES6 FTW!!!

Best football game ever.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Just got PES6.
And let me say this.
Loud and clear to all you fifa fans.
Fifa fails
Big time.
And I have had both games ( sold fifa 07 when PES6 came out )
And I mean, it is just a laugh, being able to take these godly shots from outside the box so they can soar straight into the top corner?
Gimme a break.
I have to admint, the goalkeepr reflexes are not bad on fifa ( I am a goalkeeper myself ) but PES6 just takes goalkeeping to a next level and makes it pretty much perfect.
The animation on fifa fails hard, it's rigid, ugly and the graphics are WAY too glossy.
They hurt my eyes.

And then the fifa fans come back with the argument "we have more licenses than you!"
I say "Bleh" to that.
I dont care, I am looking for a realistic football game, not a game where I can hear the commentator shout out real names of players and admire the real shirts.

'Nuff said.
dark110
+37|6622|Chicagoland

ELITE-UK wrote:

as soon as i saw the name of this topic i knew instantly that some imature americans would respond with stupid posts!!

Silly euopeans...

Thinks they still controll the world....
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners
PES was the best for me untill I got the new one a few days ago, I think it has become to easy to score goals.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6474|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

dark110 wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

Silly euopeans...

Thinks they still controll the world....
lolz euopeans...you mean EUROPE, and we'll kick your american asses anyday!
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

scottomus0 wrote:

Pes is more about gameplay, fifa is more about looks.

Both games win for different games but ive always been a fifa man and always will be.
Scott you know that you are wrong there...
N)i(N Herby007
Anti Unlock Police
+39|6520|Gamrie UK - Proud of It!
Anyone played the X-Box 360 version of Pro evo? My mate and I bought pro evo (mine was for PS2, his xbox360) and It's very different. The xbox version has hardly any editing options, 6 stadiums and the gameply (according to him) his laggy. My ps2 version though is great, so I don't care .
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK

dark110 wrote:

American football > Everone elses foorball
Please learn to read what the author of this topic wrote, then commit suicide.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
EA does it right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard