mastermofo
+2|6654

GetSplit wrote:

lol, what a moron, I bet he wouldn't even recognize his life story if it was summarized for him.  Kerry totally slammed the troops, any moron could see that....except MSNBC

liberal media at its finest
He slammed the troops?  I've been enlisted in the Air Force for the past 5 years.  The fact is, out of 60 people in my flight in basic training, only 5 were 18 years old straight out of high school.  The others, college drop outs, including me.  From the two bases I've been to, my peers have all been college drop outs.  Only 3 of my peers at my bases in my career field came in right after high school.  Granted, Kerry could of worded that a little better, especially in the current political climate; however, what he said was directed at Bush and his administration and it was essentially true. 

Let me give you an example at the risk of being flamed.  A person is running for governor, with an agenda to reduce crime.  Now he can say, "I plan to implement measures to reduce crime," or he can say, "I will place more police stations in minority neighborhoods."  Its called political manipulation and backlash.  Kerry messed up with his wording; however, what he said was true.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6719|New York

CommieChipmunk wrote:

JOJOBA wrote:

i guess i just dont get it.  dumbass in the video didn't tell me anything.  So answer me this all you Bush haters... What did president Bush do to YOU PERSONALLY, that was SOOO BAD, that you have to be the most disrespectful assholes in the world towards the president?
Are you that ignorant? have you been brainwashed to that extent?  What did he do that was so bad? He's fucking stripping away our rights faster then we can defend them.  Hell I'm sure you'll ask for an example so here's one, the patriot act, and other acts like it, now give the FBI the go ahead to enter your house without you knowing or giving permission, and they can wire tap it.  Evidence gained from that can be used against you in a court of law.  Funny how we're "protected" against unlawful searches...

This man deserves no respect, he has done nothing but throw us into a whole that will take my generation AGES to get out of.
Hell man cops been doing that illegally for years and using it against everyone it just gets buried. The last Admin sold our countries soul to every country who wanted a piece. Even NK and our pals China, who Along with Russia will dominate the world. Russia will reunite as one, Take over the entire middle east, wipe out Israel, team with china, and then your peachy liberal life as you know it will be forever gone. you can then truly use your insane Sig for real. But you wont think its a party then comrade.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH
noone has still given me a specific thing that he has done to them to hate him.  i came up with a reason to dislike Clinton, surely there has got to be someone out there that has been physically kicked in the ass by Bush?  this is interesting.  so far, its all been about what he has "done to the country" nothing about doing things to individuals.  but maybe i missed something?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

JOJOBA wrote:

noone has still given me a specific thing that he has done to them to hate him.  i came up with a reason to dislike Clinton, surely there has got to be someone out there that has been physically kicked in the ass by Bush?  this is interesting.  so far, its all been about what he has "done to the country" nothing about doing things to individuals.  but maybe i missed something?
Turning the federal budget into a military money pit.

Putting us much deeper into debt due to the 379 billion dollars Iraq has cost us so far.

Cutting taxes, but not cutting spending....

Should I continue, jojoba?  All of these things affect us as individuals, because the further we go into debt, the more negatively it affects our currency.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6586|Portland, OR, USA
JoJoBa

if you get a chance watch this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 9024486145

I know its long but believe me it's worth it.  It'll show you why I really don't like Bush.  I've seen plenty of conspiracy theorist but no one like this guy.  He cites everything and has some serious credentials.  He even offers 1000 USD cash if you can find ANYTHING false about his statements.  Don't just wave it off as "liberal Bull shit" or whatever you want to call it
mastermofo
+2|6654

JOJOBA wrote:

its bullshit assholes like that guy who are turning the portion of America that cannot think for themselves, against the president.  people need to come up with their own stance and position in politics, and not listen to some biased media bitch that tells them everything like its the truth.  that asshole deserves more than a bitch slap, he needs to have his face shoved in the ass-cracks of every patriotic person in this country.
Its called an editorial, its supposed to be opinionated--that's the nature of this segment.  I guess you watch too much Bill O'reilly to realize that though.  You need to read more, take some college level American history classes or something of that nature.  America is a country where it is our right, moreover, our DUTY to question our government; especially when it has made bad decisions.  It has historically been conceived that the 4th element of the checks and balances system is the citizens, and their voices are heard at ballots--granted that that system has seem to be in question as well. 

People do take their own stances in politics.  It is YOUR choice to decided what to watch, what to believe.  You believe by disagreeing with a government, means that person is unpatriotic and deserves capital punishment.  Other countries believe in that as well such as:  China, N. Korea, Iran, and the Saddam Heusen controlled Iraq--that is their view of patriotism, where people who disagree with the government should be punished.  YOUR SO AMERICAN!!!
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH

mastermofo wrote:

JOJOBA wrote:

its bullshit assholes like that guy who are turning the portion of America that cannot think for themselves, against the president.  people need to come up with their own stance and position in politics, and not listen to some biased media bitch that tells them everything like its the truth.  that asshole deserves more than a bitch slap, he needs to have his face shoved in the ass-cracks of every patriotic person in this country.
Its called an editorial, its supposed to be opinionated--that's the nature of this segment.  I guess you watch too much Bill O'reilly to realize that though.  You need to read more, take some college level American history classes or something of that nature.  America is a country where it is our right, moreover, our DUTY to question our government; especially when it has made bad decisions.  It has historically been conceived that the 4th element of the checks and balances system is the citizens, and their voices are heard at ballots--granted that that system has seem to be in question as well. 

People do take their own stances in politics.  It is YOUR choice to decided what to watch, what to believe.  You believe by disagreeing with a government, means that person is unpatriotic and deserves capital punishment.  Other countries believe in that as well such as:  China, N. Korea, Iran, and the Saddam Heusen controlled Iraq--that is their view of patriotism, where people who disagree with the government should be punished.  YOUR SO AMERICAN!!!
point taken.  i respect that.  +1
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH
i understand that a bunch of you guys dislike the president for whatever, i still dont see it.. probably cause i havent really been directly bothered by anything he does.  yes i have had a job and have had to pay taxes.. i still got some of my money and was able to spend it.  where my taxes go, i could care less.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6719|New York
Another power talker. You do know people make money doing shit like that right Commie? He could probably talk you into believing the sky is red and you wouldnt even conciousely know it. Honestly Kiddo, You can buy crap by people like this from power talkers on QVC LOL. They can talk you out of your soul and youd feel good about it afterwards.

Youll never get the Grand because he will have skewed facts to counter ANY fact you counter him with. He wouldnt put up the money unless he did.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6546|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

JOJOBA wrote:

i understand that a bunch of you guys dislike the president for whatever, i still dont see it.. probably cause i havent really been directly bothered by anything he does.  yes i have had a job and have had to pay taxes.. i still got some of my money and was able to spend it.  where my taxes go, i could care less.
Now I just love that kind of blind ignorance.
CommieChipmunk

TeamZephyr wrote:

JOJOBA wrote:

Now I just love that kind of blind ignorance.
no kidding, someone doesn't want to come out of their ignorance shell quite yet...
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH
okay guys, if you're so smart, explain to me.
CommieChipmunk

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Another power talker. You do know people make money doing shit like that right Commie? He could probably talk you into believing the sky is red and you wouldnt even conciousely know it. Honestly Kiddo, You can buy crap by people like this from power talkers on QVC LOL. They can talk you out of your soul and youd feel good about it afterwards.

Youll never get the Grand because he will have skewed facts to counter ANY fact you counter him with. He wouldnt put up the money unless he did.
no i understand that.  I base my dislike of the president not on what is said in media reports but on the crap he's done thus far in his presidency.

its just nice to see people jab at the moron we call "our president"
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6782|Toronto Canada
That guy is awesome. The only intelligent political analyst. He is well read and very articulate.
Turquoise
O Canada

JOJOBA wrote:

That's the issue...  follow the money trail.  You may be disturbed in what you find.  Our government invests in some crazy shit.
Turquoise
O Canada

JOJOBA wrote:

For starters...  let's establish something here.  What do you believe the federal government's purpose is?  What issues must the federal government intervene on, and how should they intervene?  Once you've decided what the government should and shouldn't be doing, you'll know what to look for.

Being a Libertarian myself, I prefer to minimize government.  As you can imagine, I believe the government is doing a lot more than it should.  I see several things it is doing that would be better handled by states or by the private sector.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH

Turquoise wrote:

JOJOBA wrote:

For starters...  let's establish something here.  What do you believe the federal government's purpose is?  What issues must the federal government intervene on, and how should they intervene?  Once you've decided what the government should and shouldn't be doing, you'll know what to look for.

Being a Libertarian myself, I prefer to minimize government.  As you can imagine, I believe the government is doing a lot more than it should.  I see several things it is doing that would be better handled by states or by the private sector.
the states are a government.   The governments job is listed in the constitution.  it would take too long to list all of the jobs/powers of the government, but i will say, the powers of congress or legislative branch are listed in Article I, the executive branch is in Article II, and the Judicial branch is in Article III.  you could probably google the constitution and find what im trying to say.  to be more specific, make it easier to find, the listed powers of congress are in Article I, section 8.  dont forget the necessary and proper clause, "elastic clause" which gives the government more powers in order to carry out those powers listed.  i hope i answered something.
Fen321
+54|6514|Singularity

JOJOBA wrote:

Alright, take a class on public opinion in college and you beging to see that the MAJORITY of the public has absolutely no freaking clue what is going on in the realm of politics, so a good example of that can be "i haven't been affected by <insert here> therefore I'm okay." 
You sir (haha sound like him) are the type of follower that deals solely based on issue that pertain to your self interest, like most, but somehow don't manage to grasp a concept like the Military Commission Act of 2006 and its consequences on your freedoms. Not just Ali Baba, but your PERSONAL FREEDOM.

If you look closely at the wording it makes no distinguishing remarks towards who CAN be considered a unlawful combatant and it GIVES the exclusive right for the president of the United States to make that decision. The courts cannot intervene so please tell me how you can guarantee your rights if you, now an unlawful combatant, have now been placed under arrest and are disallowed your right to contest such detainment. Basically your fucked...

Another peculiarity to this commission can be the unilateral approach by issue a statutory law that interprets a TREATY, see now the reason countries have conventions, IE Geneva Conventions, is so that there can be an international consensus on what the wording of treaties actually mean. So for a country to do so without consenting others basically opens the door for reciprocal treatment.
alpinestar
+304|6613|New York City baby.
patriot act allows FBI to surveilence your house without you knowing it is that enough for you to dislike bush ?
Fen321
+54|6514|Singularity

alpinestar wrote:

patriot act allows FBI to surveilence your house without you knowing it is that enough for you to dislike bush ?
yes

They even have admitted at tapping millions of Americans phones, using its powers to watch over peace activist groups, shad shit like that is not what a country that is trying to protect you does. Its the other way around they are exploiting a situation that presented itself, might i add under some really BS circumstances, and now have basically taken the concept of imperial presidency to a whole new level.
Turquoise
O Canada

JOJOBA wrote:

the states are a government.   The governments job is listed in the constitution.  it would take too long to list all of the jobs/powers of the government, but i will say, the powers of congress or legislative branch are listed in Article I, the executive branch is in Article II, and the Judicial branch is in Article III.  you could probably google the constitution and find what im trying to say.  to be more specific, make it easier to find, the listed powers of congress are in Article I, section 8.  dont forget the necessary and proper clause, "elastic clause" which gives the government more powers in order to carry out those powers listed.  i hope i answered something.
Well, yes, but if you're a strict constitutionalist, then you have even more reason to hate the current governmental arrangement.  I can assure you that the federal government is doing far more than what the Constitution mentions.  For example, there's no part of the Constitution that condones subsidizing our agriculture.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6550|Columbus, OH
i feel like the nail that sticks out;  just going to get hammered back down.  so im done now, thanks for the conversation/debate.
Turquoise
O Canada

JOJOBA wrote:

i feel like the nail that sticks out;  just going to get hammered back down.  so im done now, thanks for the conversation/debate.
Sorry to scare you off....

Last edited by Turquoise (2006-11-02 20:31:51)

Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6711|Mountains of West Virginia

JOJOBA wrote:

so?  get over it?  if he hasn't done anything to you personally, then why care?  C
OK so bush wont use these special executive powers agianst me.

But you realize that these powers have been extended to not only bush, but all future presidents. Who is to say that a future president wont abuse them?
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6517|Los Angeles

Turquoise wrote:

He's basically the left's Bill O'Reilly.  I see Olbermann as no better or worse than Bill.
Really?

I'm no expert on either man, but the only thing they seem to share is a common appreciation for the ratings of polarity. They've both clearly chosen sides. To me the key difference is that Olbermann radiates intelligence, whereas O'Reilly does not. O'Reilly seems to revel in telling people what to think and trying to make anyone who disagrees with him look stupid, whereas Olbermann doesn't employ the same "tuff guy" schtick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard