Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6533|Doncaster - UK
Is being on the drone any help to the player, or is it a means of getting on a building?

i don't get how flying straight up on a map to an altitude of 999 is going to get you any points?

Please explain.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Use0fWeapons wrote:

Is being on the drone any help to the player, or is it a means of getting on a building?

i don't get how flying straight up on a map to an altitude of 999 is going to get you any points?

Please explain.
getting on a high building and camping there while everybody spawn on the SL?
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6533|Doncaster - UK

jkohlc wrote:

Use0fWeapons wrote:

getting on a high building and camping there while everybody spawn on the SL?
right, just that then.

Thanks for the sarcastic question mark.
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6434

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/wildfire/closed.jpg
lolz
ZCaliber
+12|6511|Between Canada and Iowa
I find that using the EMP grenade trick on the drone is very hazardous to your health, the drone usually blends you to death when it recovers from the EMP.

This may only be with the Otus though, but I did manage to pull it off... Once.

I recall seeing a squad on a rooftop before as a commander, there's no place to hide up there from orbital strikes, so it's no big deal unless the commander is an idiot.

In fact, I say it's a nice little trick for skilled squad leaders, as the tradeoff is death if it doesn't work. But it's only good for climbing, as parachutes don't give (any?) forward movement.

Hmmm... Might be a good way to take the first flag in Fall of Berlin...

Last edited by ZCaliber (2006-11-04 01:58:33)

DestinedTConquer
[sec8] Member
+12|6655|Netherlands
does it also work with squad leader unock 2?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
no
ZCaliber
+12|6511|Between Canada and Iowa
Well, it might be less lethal with the accipiter, but I know for a fact that you can do it with the otus. There might be a trick to it though... 'Cause like I said, very lethal, especially if you stand on it while it's EMP'ed and wait for it to become airborn.

Still, if the accipiter works more easily than the otus, then hell... I say it's a feature. Like I said above, one orbital strike will end a squads camp-tastic spree on top of a tall, inaccessable building, and it titan mode it doesn't matter due to titan drops and gunships/transports.
wolfi
+0|6543|Germany
Camping on roofs isnt that bad. Theres an even harder exploit, lets take cerbere landing for example:
You are a russian squadleader. Deploy your drone (which one doesnt matter, but the otus might kill you which gives you minus points) and EMP it. It falls down, you can jump on top of it and suddenly it will start moving up and up, without any end (remember the bf2 jets in 3598279 meters height). If youre high enough (about 2 or 3 minutes straight upwards flying), jump off and head for the command center flag. You will go in that direction. When youre above the command center building, deploy your parachute and let your squad spawn at you when you have hit the ground. Now take the flags from the back.

I wich this wouldnt become public because its funny as hell. Unfortunately those tactics are very lame, so DICE will patch it out. I hope they dont hardcode it and we can use it in a minimod, because its very funny to do this with 4 or more guys (everyone has the drone by default and such).
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6395|England
Well I agree you can do it with the Otus, it's pretty hard to get on the damn thing though? Is it easier with the accipiter? Also, when you are freefalling, do you have forward momentum?
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6376|Inside the AR Rockets.
Been there, done that.

You only need SL unlock 2
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
My Movie of drone surfing
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6395|England
Lol nice movie RDMC, i've been having so much fun with it, it's like your own portable lift lol. Today I was drone surfing on my way up to a building and i look over and about 50 metres away someone on the enemy team was doing it too lol, so we had a dogfight whilst flying over one of the spawn points. AWESOME! And I love taking out other people who do it, it's great fun. Best glitch ever, love it.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6474|Belgium
This so going to be patched in the next patch
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6650|Keyboard
Every time I see the drone I canĀ“t deny the resemblance to this:

https://www.pumpkinsoft.de/covershots/0175.jpg
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6760

RDMC(2) wrote:

My Movie of drone surfing
Your graphics are freakishly good, even with the youtube scramble. What graphics card do you have?
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6695|UK

Consollus wrote:

Hopefully DICE will see this and get rid of the exploit A.S.A.P.
Your being sarcastic right?
Avantek
Banned
+7|6348|New York
No don't tell them this is a glithch I found on my own now evryones gonna use it...
47man
+46|6424|Cali

Avantek wrote:

No don't tell them this is a glithch I found on my own now evryones gonna use it...
This thread is over a month old... everyone already knows about it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard