boffar killer-fyhn
+0|6734
My name online is the same as my nick ( boffar killer-fyhn)!
A friend of mine sad that i'm not suposed to have space in my name, but when i'm online on a server, it says
something like Boffar killer-fyhn is no more...
And if you take a look at my stats, my name is killer-fyhn...
Is it something i have done to have such a name? An is it possible to remove boffar from my name?

Last edited by boffar killer-fyhn (2005-11-21 06:00:30)

SMKpaladin
+0|6742|Germany
Just change the Prefix when logging your account on, it's the blank field in the upper right corner of the log-in screen. AND it's always blank, the game just remembers your last prefix in some file, but does not display the actually used one in the prefix field. Try this:

Input some letters, then delete them and log in, the game will re-write the prefix in the config file and your good to go. Names with prefixes lool alway like this [5-letter-prefix] [account-name]
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
You can't change your name in game without creating a new account, which will reset your stats. If you're happy to do this then go for it, otherwise I wouldn't worry.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
I repeat:
Has anyone been game enough to try this:

Rename your soldier:
To rename your soldier, which the game by default does not allow you to do, you must edit the file "\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Profile.con" and change the first value, in the quotes, to whatever you wish your soldier's name to be. For example, change:

LocalProfile.setName "defaultPlayer"
to

LocalProfile.setName "<your new name>"
boffar killer-fyhn
+0|6734
Thanks for the tips! i don't want to lose my scores, but i'll try! I have another acount that i will test it on first (that acount sux hard ass!!!) I don't even gave the first wepon there!
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
hey, when you try it, don't forget to post the result HERE. i keep meaning to try it, but i guess i'm just too lazy... maybe on the weekend.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I like my name...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
i wanna take the stupid dash out, have first as prefix, and second as actual name
weehiong
+0|6732

boffar killer-fyhn wrote:

Thanks for the tips! i don't want to lose my scores, but i'll try! I have another acount that i will test it on first (that acount sux hard ass!!!) I don't even gave the first wepon there!
Any update Bro???
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

oberst_enzian wrote:

LocalProfile.setName "defaultPlayer"
Emphasis added by me.

Also, EA is reporting your stats to me without the first part of the name. If you are, indeed, setting that first part "Boffar" with the clan tag, you can change it at any time. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard