Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Honestly, this is ridiculous.
I was playing BF2142 just before with my good buddy Sarrk. I had very recently, (ten minutes ago,) fixed my modem so I could play without 600+ ping, which was great, I was really enjoying myself. After one and a half games, BF2142 crashed.
No biggie at this stage, it happens all the time, Battlefield enthusiasts have been trained to deal with this.
Now it froze my computer so i had to turn it off and on agin. Still, no biggie.

Now when I had restarted I had the return of an old error friend: 'EC:5510'. I had dealt with this in the past thanks to, (shock, horror,) the EA FAQ. it involved deleting a key, uninstalling the game and re-installing. I was kind of pissed off, but no biggie.

I followed to process up to, "un-install game." Now, as some of you may or may not know, EA have just upgraded, (scoff,) their downloader which is now called "EA Link". When I went to re-install BF2142, (I got it from the downloader, yes I know, bad mistake,) I no longer had the option to re-install. What I had instead was a happy little cuddlebug called "Dowload Now!"

I have to download the WHOLE! FUCKING! GAME! ALL! OVER! AGAIN! (sentance fragment[s].)

So I am rightfully pissed off. If this crash happens again will I AGAIN have to download a 2+GB file over approximatly 13 hours?

So yeah. Although I remember using the word 'Fuck", it just dosn't quite fully illustrate the frustration I'm feelin right now. Anyone care to help?

Anyway, better go to bed. Work in the morning. In at nine, punch-out at five y'know. All I wanted was some exciting futuristic gun violence with my fine self at the helm for an hour or two and instead I have this headache.

Fucking craptacular.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DRKillusion
+10|6477|glued to my chair
lol, that was so funny, im sorry for you but i had a really good laugh.. i love EA..
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
Le tears for you :*(
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Meh., Laugh all you want. It's better to laugh when shit hits the fan then to get showered in it though, remember that.

Grr. I'm going outside to kick a small animal in the gangooleys.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
Well Ty, I see it more of hardware problem if it just happens to you =/ post specs?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
']['error
Banned
+630|6646|The Netherlands
i feel ya..that really sucks!
EA and Dice need to learn how to make a fucking game, they couldn't fix BF2 (after 5 patches it's still full of bugs and CTD)..... they announced BF2142 "the miracle" cause it wouldn't have any problems that BF2 had...

fuck dice and EA .. I'm sick of all the problems everyone gets because they cant make a fucking game properly..

well good luck with your download....I'll give you +1 to make you feel better..

-']['error
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Nah, it's the EA downloader, my hardware is fine, blieve me. That 'EC:5510' error happens to a lot of EA Downloader customer for 2142, (and a "Black & White" game apparently,) which is why they posted a soloution to it. The crash has never happened before, and the fact that it coincided with the 'new' EA Link thing probably meant that I had to download the game again. Lousy fucking luck I guess, but honestly EA shouldn't upgrade something that works perfectly well, ('perfectly' being used pretty generously here,) with something existing for the sole purpose of fucking up my evening.
[Blinking eyes thing]
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

So.. is it "Challenge everything" or "Make everything challenging"?

I feel your pain, Ty. From 17,198 km away.
I need around tree fiddy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Ty wrote:

Nah, it's the EA downloader, my hardware is fine, blieve me. That 'EC:5510' error happens to a lot of EA Downloader customer for 2142, (and a "Black & White" game apparently,) which is why they posted a soloution to it. The crash has never happened before, and the fact that it coincided with the 'new' EA Link thing probably meant that I had to download the game again. Lousy fucking luck I guess, but honestly EA shouldn't upgrade something that works perfectly well, ('perfectly' being used pretty generously here,) with something existing for the sole purpose of fucking up my evening.
Hmm wierd, I guess I'm the lucky one I used EA downloader and it works fine lol.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
I feel your pain Ty, but can't you just save the 2GB file so you don't have to download it again? I bought the game coz EA downloader doesn't work AT ALL for me, so I dont know how it works.
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Ty wrote:

Meh., Laugh all you want. It's better to laugh when shit hits the fan then to get showered in it though, remember that.

Grr. I'm going outside to kick a small animal in the gangooleys.
I suggest a possum. I hear you have ample on your side a the Tassie.
mecky
+3|6435|Perth, Australia
   poor Ty....

a similar thing happened 2 me a few weeks ago
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I can't offer any help but computers are complete wankers when they want to be yet we couldn't get by without them it seems.  Hope you fix it and dont get a repeat of it.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6439|Brisbane, Australia
all i can say is......ROSPL    ( rolling on sand paper laughing )

damn suks to be you
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6504|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Le tears for you :*(
Same here.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
If you have space elsewhere might I suggest backing up your cache in EA Downloader (or Link, or whatever the fuck they're gonna call it next) and then should you need to re-install again in the future you should be able to copy your cache back and it recognise the download as ready to install.

This is pure conjecture as I have no idea whether the EAD files are compatible with this new EA Link but it could be worth a try.

Also, I too feel your pain Ty. Guy who plays with us, Use0fWeapons on here, has problems with EAD. When it opens it works fine, but it only opens maybe 1 in 6 attempts. You'd think EA would take more care of the software they use to market add-on sales.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

damm thats sucks.

but then if you need 13+h to download a 2 GB file you should maybe upgrade your internet (just from the numbers you have a 350kbps connection. how do you even manage to get here?). i downloaded 2142 in just under 40min.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6644|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
this story make le spawn le tears :'(

Ty, once your back up and running, you can come for a few rounds on the AN server.. we'll BOTH get shit ping, so it balances out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

spawnofthemist wrote:

this story make le spawn le tears :'(

Ty, once your back up and running, you can come for a few rounds on the AN server.. we'll BOTH get shit ping, so it balances out.
A little -=AN=- welcome back?
Fealty
+9|6412|Staffordshire, England
And i thought the BSOD i got last night and the night before that whilst playing was bad! Unlucky man i feel for ya.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6563|Cheshire, UK
When you download files through EA link or whaztever they are calling it now, the full download should be in the prgram files area of the EA downloader ie C:\ - \program files\ electronic arts\ EA downloader.....etc the full download should be in there if you have downloaded it once.

I always make a point of making a back up from that folder just incase something like this happens. Have a look around you shouls see a folder in there that will be in excess of 2gb which will be your installer for 2142.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6496|Sydney, Australia
Hey man, think of the bright side, at least EA didn't stuff up and say you haven't paid for it, so you'd have to pay for the game all over again.
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

/playes small violin
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6563|Cheshire, UK

zeidmaan wrote:

/playes small violin...
...especially for you???

just finishing your quote
LionEyez
+4|6622
Man I know what its like.

I havent even had an experience THAT bad, its the game itself and all its lag related dying that makes me wanna swear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard