reefl3x
+72|6399|United States
I absolutely loved it in BF1942, but in BF2 I can't seem to take a liking to it.
USMC stands little to no chance 90% of the time. I have joined Wake servers before only to see the top china players 60-4 in the J-10 and USMC's still on the carrier.

if you dont have a jet or chopper on China, the maps extremely boring. And has USMC, theres really no point in playing it.

Can anyone give me some tips on what to do on Wake island to make the map a bit more interesting.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6716|Melbourne, Australia
it would be alot better if the u.s had faster spawn times and they nerfed teh j10 a tad
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Wake Island patch 1.12 = Crazy, chaotic and brilliantly fast paced map.

Wake Island post patch 1.2 = Shite. It just lost the pace it had....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6491|Sydney, Australia
I think they should make it no J10 spawns at the airfield until the US has capped one flag, haha then of course the airfield will be the first flag to be taken
Djbrown
+129|6493|Adelaide, Aussieland

reefl3x wrote:

I absolutely loved it in BF1942, but in BF2 I can't seem to take a liking to it.
USMC stands little to no chance 90% of the time. I have joined Wake servers before only to see the top china players 60-4 in the J-10 and USMC's still on the carrier.

if you dont have a jet or chopper on China, the maps extremely boring. And has USMC, theres really no point in playing it.

Can anyone give me some tips on what to do on Wake island to make the map a bit more interesting.
lol as if people actually die in the j10

i got an idea, its called find a USMC player to get in the f35 and actually use it. about 40% of f35 pilots bail like pussys before they even drop one bomb coz they think they dont stand a chance. If the f35s do thier job and remove the z10 and maybe a j10, USMC has it nicely set out for them. good luck finding someone who will not use the f35 as a taxi though
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6716|Melbourne, Australia

Djbrown wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

lol as if people actually die in the j10

i got an idea, its called find a USMC player to get in the f35 and actually use it. about 40% of f35 pilots bail like pussys before they even drop one bomb coz they think they dont stand a chance. If the f35s do thier job and remove the z10 and maybe a j10, USMC has it nicely set out for them. good luck finding someone who will not use the f35 as a taxi though
i get a few of the boys togather an bail out over the airfield and have them spawn on me... (sometimes i try to stay in the air with the f35 its ok .. but once u let a j10 anywhere near ur tail ur pretty much a goner)
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6527|Sydney, in 1978
the best way to make wake fun? JET WHORE omg who the hell plays wake and dosent jet/heli whore??? (apart from me)
Djbrown
+129|6493|Adelaide, Aussieland

Mongoose wrote:

the best way to make wake fun? JET WHORE omg who the hell plays wake and dosent jet/heli whore??? (apart from me)
I like your style. I also like your sig
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6534|Internetfitlerland

I.M.I Militant wrote:

i get a few of the boys togather an bail out over the airfield and have them spawn on me... (sometimes i try to stay in the air with the f35 its ok .. but once u let a j10 anywhere near ur tail ur pretty much a goner)
This is a good idea, and I use this when on the US team as much as possible.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
it turns me on.
']['error
Banned
+630|6641|The Netherlands
https://www.claraelf.com/bilder2002/elektricitet/switch-on-off.jpg
Delphy
+45|6582|Bristol, UK
It was much better when the blackhawks were any good, that leveled things out a bit. Now, if the 2 J-10 pilots and the Z-10 crew are any good, the US team has no chance. Well, the AZ can do a bit of damage, but that's it.

Last edited by Delphy (2006-11-01 02:18:24)

malarkeycoon
+16|6637|Cardiff
Its quite easy. You just need one guy to start a squad and hover in the blackhawk about 300m above the island. Squad members can then just spawn on the chopper and keep jumping out until a flag as been taken.... though all this takes teamwork and bf is designed for players to whore points, not work as a team.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6670|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
It's ok on the Chinese team obviously.  Its good when as USA you cap a flag or god forbid, win a round, you get a real sence of achievement.  Same with Clean Sweep.

I was grateful at first when we got this map for free, but I understand why they gave it away now.

I can't fly so that side has never appealed to me but until USA cap a flag you'll find me in a tank or jeep trying to shoot incoming boats, or sniping from same location to arty island. South Island/point/ thing, whatever.

I dont mind being raped when USA cos it means the game ends sooner, same with Clean Sweep, this only applies if we cant get a flag.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6577|England

1927 wrote:

It's ok on the Chinese team obviously.  Its good when as USA you cap a flag or god forbid, win a round, you get a real sence of achievement.  Same with Clean Sweep.

I was grateful at first when we got this map for free, but I understand why they gave it away now.

I can't fly so that side has never appealed to me but until USA cap a flag you'll find me in a tank or jeep trying to shoot incoming boats, or sniping from same location to arty island. South Island/point/ thing, whatever.

I dont mind being raped when USA cos it means the game ends sooner, same with Clean Sweep, this only applies if we cant get a flag.
QFE totally agree

Cleansweep imho > Rape Island
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6558|Cheshire, UK
Am I the only one turned off by Wake Island?I'm more worried that people are getting turned on by wake island...
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6491|Sydney, Australia
Wake Island is fun when you're on the USMC team and your team works together really efficiently and tightly. If there's a good Chinese team defending, as well as a good USMC team attacking, Wake Island produces some of the best infantry/vehicle cooperative firefights in BF2.

It's pretty easy for Americans to capture a flag. Because the Chinese only spawn at either Airfield, South Village, or North Base, and all eventually end up on the two peninsulas, the Americans can initiate a two-pronged attack on the undefended flags and capture at least one really quickly.

Last edited by Vub (2006-11-01 02:57:13)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6749|Upper Franconia
As soon as the USMC captures flags, the infantry battles begin to be really cool. The most important thing on wake is not to loose all the flags [on the actual island], for both sides. You have to work as a team, start distraction maneuvers and as soon as you captured just one flag, the map becomes one of the best in the game. Just get in an F-35B, fly to one of the undefended flags, jump out, and let your whole squad join there [this requires COMMUNICATION with the squad before!]
reefl3x
+72|6399|United States

SkoobyDu wrote:

Am I the only one turned off by Wake Island?
I'm more worried that people are getting turned on by wake island...lol...Sadly its difficult to see such TW in a average public server.
Its rare you get a guy who bails out from a jet over a flag, makes a squad and 5 people spawn on him to cap a flag. But this may be more common than ive seen, since i've confined myself msinly to karkand & choppers in BF2.
wilber69
+8|6630

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

As soon as the USMC captures flags, the infantry battles begin to be really cool. The most important thing on wake is not to loose all the flags [on the actual island], for both sides.
Agreed.

I usually only go on wake for some aviator action, but played on foot the other night and had one of the best games in ages. It went on for about an hour and was us Chinese racing around trying to recapture the bases. Non-stop firefights and I avoided getting in a vehicle unless I had to, so avoided the planes! Ended up with a 100+ score and a righteous 'groundpounder' feeling! (+ the badge/medal awards) 
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6391|Belgium

for the usmc it is mostly boring because everyone wants to fly and everyone wants to be in the chopper. if u start on the arty island, and u grab a boat u can come almost everywhere without beeing killed. so u can grab a flag verry fast and keep defending it till reinforcements arrive.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

malarkeycoon wrote:

Its quite easy. You just need one guy to start a squad and hover in the blackhawk about 300m above the island. Squad members can then just spawn on the chopper and keep jumping out until a flag as been taken.... though all this takes teamwork and bf is designed for players to whore points, not work as a team.
This would work in BF2142, where you will get Squad Leader Succes Points, but this doesnt work in BF2
im_in_heaven
+27|6585
wake island would be a great map without the j10 oh wait sry thats any map without a j10!
Fen321
+54|6494|Singularity
Wake is the shiz nit....for the most part if you have a U.S. team that is horrible and constantly just wants to get into a jet or heli and ignores the flags captured your pretty much doomed.

explosivo
Banned
+262|6640
us dont stand a chance, if the us team are a bunch of idiots that hang about on top of the carrier .

squad up, squad leader flys over and bails onto a flag, squad spawns on squad leader.

flag captured

then anyone with any sence will spawn on wake and leave the pla jet whores to rape an empty carrier

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard