kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
boortz has a good link (the second one is on boortz's page)
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nation … a06-09.cfm
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

But to classify the people in the military as folks just wanting to get a free education, Might be half right, but FFS man, Its the military. You know Armed forces, Weapons training, Nationsl guard, active reserve. If they Joined for a free ride, then they were sadly mistaken and They truely were lacking any education. Even the reddest of rednecks Knows that the military means theres a good chance you will be called into action. Sheesh.
I take your point.
My point is not that people get into the military to get educated, I'm saying that recruiters use the promise of education to sweeten the speal they give potential recruitees. The promise of an education should be left out of the recruitment process as its not guaranteed. "Join the army and get a college education" but the reality is they went through training before being shipped of to a war zone.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

FesterTheMolester wrote:

he was obviously referring to our dumbass president, not the soldiers.  Anyways, thought i'd just even the fight.... i vote independent by the way.
Kerry and Bush had almost identical grades from what I read... I'm am voting for a Dem governor by the way.(Shocking I know)

Edit: BTW Kerry has apologized for it.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic Sen.John Kerry said on Wednesday he was sorry about a "botched joke" that drew election-year fire from President George W. Bush and other Republicans who accused him of insulting U.S. troops in Iraq.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&a … kerry_dc_3

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-01 08:16:36)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Kmarion wrote:

FesterTheMolester wrote:

he was obviously referring to our dumbass president, not the soldiers.  Anyways, thought i'd just even the fight.... i vote independent by the way.
Kerry and Bush had almost identical grades from what I read... I'm am voting for a Dem governor by the way.(Shocking I know)
I'm trying to dig up my old stuff on that from 04 for a new topic, have to wait i get home though
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6552|Texas - Bigger than France
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Bubbalo wrote:

To be fair, he has a point.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

He is not helping his waffle image at all. Although he has apologized now lets not forget yesterday ..
Sen. John Kerry: 'I Apologize to No One'

https://Tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/107172328-L.jpg

It bears noting that our commander in chief, President George W. Bush, who has earned degrees from Yale University and Harvard University, is the only U.S. president to have earned an MBA. He's also proved himself "smart enough" to defeat John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election.

Gen. Peter Pace, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, has an MBA from George Washington University and has taken courses at Harvard.

Gen. John Abizaid, Commander of U.S. Central Command, has a master’s degree from Harvard.

Gen. George Casey, Vice Chief of Staff in the U.S. Army, has a master’s degree from the University of Denver.

Brigadier Gen. Mark T. Kimmitt, U.S. Central Command’s deputy director for strategy and plans, has earned degrees from the United States Military Academy, Harvard, the National Defense University, and the United States Army Command and General Staff College.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-01 08:38:05)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
SGT.Slayero
+98|6475|Life in a vacuum sucks
he shot himself in the balls! when he said that.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
Then again, he was a soldier himself. Whilst from what i've read most of those republicans that are taking this to a next level didn't serve in the army at all, or do anything "proper"

I'm gonna be honest here, your elections are a joke and alot of the time i see politicians resorting to personal attacks and whatnot, alot of random crap that has nothing to do with anything. I feel sorry for the assclowns you have to vote, they all seem like dicks. No offence.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6489
Kerry has not apologized for his remarks. He simply states that the President should apologize for his actions.  He doesnt even have the nads to apologize for his blatant mistake.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6705|Mountains of West Virginia

Kmarion wrote:

It bears noting that our commander in chief, President George W. Bush, who has earned degrees from Yale University and Harvard University, is the only U.S. president to have earned an MBA.
Your not trying to convince us that Bush has some sort of above average intelligence are you? He beat Kerry I will give him that, but my god he is no where near the smartest president. Not even close.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm gonna be honest here, your elections are a joke and alot of the time i see politicians resorting to personal attacks and whatnot, alot of random crap that has nothing to do with anything. I feel sorry for the assclowns you have to vote, they all seem like dicks. No offence.
I was watching something on the House of Commons the other day, pure entertainment..lol
I recommend it for anyone who needs a quick WTF laugh. No offense.

Snipedya14 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It bears noting that our commander in chief, President George W. Bush, who has earned degrees from Yale University and Harvard University, is the only U.S. president to have earned an MBA.
Your not trying to convince us that Bush has some sort of above average intelligence are you? He beat Kerry I will give him that, but my god he is no where near the smartest president. Not even close.
No I'm not but trying to pretend he is uneducated is ridiculous. Try to stay focused on the topic and the remarks Kerry made.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-01 08:43:02)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6570

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

This comes out of the mouth of one of our own officials?

Paraphrased here mind you: " If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, Be smart, Youll go far, If you DONT, youll end up in Iraq!.  WTF Is this? This is a direct SLAM on our troops saying that they are Uneducated people. No matter how its spun, Its a slam no matter how you say it. Theres no way saying that could be a Joke towards the president as he is trying to slither out of it. He has also reiterated the same line.

Sad, very very sad when someone who was trying to be president of the US even spews something like this out of his mouth. typical.

That was just a kick in the teeth. Ive lost all faith in any choice in the next election in 08 if this is going to be the platform they will try to run on.
Sad part is he's right. There are exeptions like those who joined after 9/11.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6529|Πάϊ
Kerry is stupid for saying that. He caused more damage to his campaign than anything the republicans can inflict upon it.

The thing is though, I recon people shouldn't pay so much attention to what is said, rather that to what is actually being done. If you think that Kerry's remark is offensive, just watch Aaron Russo's film and you will see that you should be offended by other things a lot more, things that have been put forth by all those in power, regardless of the party to which they might belong. I say this because I see 3 pages of posts about a stupid remark and only 30 responses to the trully sinister situation described in "Freedom to Fascism".
ƒ³
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

ghettoperson wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

you'll never find a better educated military in american history than the one we've got now, I'd even go so far as to say recorded history. It's nearly impossible to get even the higher enlisted ranks without pursuing a second degree, i was just with a MSGT in the 116th wing of the georgia air national guard the other day, and she had 3 degrees and diplomas (can't remeber exactly what they were) on her office wall and was still going to school.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-01 09:07:52)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6766|United States of America

kr@cker wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

you'll never find a better educated military in american history than the one we've got now, I'd even go so far as to say recorded history. It's nearly impossible to get even the higher enlisted ranks without pursuing a second degree, i was just with a MSGT in the 116th wing of the georgia air national guard the other day, and she had 3 degrees and diplomas (can't remeber exactly what they were) on her office wall and was still going to school.
I know a few veterans, they are quite pissed from this remark, then from his "apology".  Kerry's grades were worse than Bush's in college.  Kerry just seems to be pissed at everyone because his "dumbass" opponent beat him.  No matter how you look at it, Kerry doesn't do anything good, he just pisses people off, and doesn't apologize.  At least a republican, if they were a true republican, would have come out and said "I am sorry to those I have offended." But as we know, democrats are two faced bastards.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Paraphrased here mind you: "If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, be smart, you'll go far...if you DON'T, you'll end up in Iraq!"
~65 years ago: "If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, be smart, you'll go far...if you DON'T, you'll end up in North Africa/Europe/Pacific."
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654
to be fair, the majority of people who post in this forum have a real twisted perception on the American military or the military in general. no he doesnt have a fucking point.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-11-01 10:19:13)

RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6725|US
My entire Chemistry class agreed that it was an idiotic comment.  About half doubted his explanation (including myself).  We are all military members, and some are a little upset about it.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6570

rawls2 wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

This comes out of the mouth of one of our own officials?

Paraphrased here mind you: " If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, Be smart, Youll go far, If you DONT, youll end up in Iraq!.  WTF Is this? This is a direct SLAM on our troops saying that they are Uneducated people. No matter how its spun, Its a slam no matter how you say it. Theres no way saying that could be a Joke towards the president as he is trying to slither out of it. He has also reiterated the same line.

Sad, very very sad when someone who was trying to be president of the US even spews something like this out of his mouth. typical.

That was just a kick in the teeth. Ive lost all faith in any choice in the next election in 08 if this is going to be the platform they will try to run on.
Sad part is he's right. There are exeptions like those who joined after 9/11.
There is no doubt in my mind that we could haave handled Iraq better. Something had to be done about Iraq but it wasn't handled correctly. Im amazed  that so many "cons" feel that Bush was the only one up to the challenge.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6570

RAIMIUS wrote:

My entire Chemistry class agreed that it was an idiotic comment.  About half doubted his explanation (including myself).  We are all military members, and some are a little upset about it.
I wonder how Kerry felt during the elections when his service in Vietnam was critized in all the Swifty ads.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6725|US
I would say that both were low blows.  The Swifty ads were, of course, a personal attack against a politician--not nice, but all to common.  Kerry's comment seemed to be a negative stereotype that just popped out--oops!  It seems almost too random to me, although I have not yet heard the rest of the speech. (Chemistry labs cut into my leisure time a bit.)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

rawls2 wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

I wonder how Kerry felt during the elections when his service in Vietnam was critized in all the Swifty ads.
He probably said "oops, I shouldn't have bragged about all that if I wasn't quite as heroic as I made myself out to be."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-11-01 12:47:15)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
sir, these grenade shards i'm pulling out of your butt look alot like the ones you were issued, you sure there isn't something you want to tell us?
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6712|New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Paraphrased here mind you: "If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, be smart, you'll go far...if you DON'T, you'll end up in Iraq!"
~65 years ago: "If you stay in school, study hard, do your homework, be smart, you'll go far...if you DON'T, you'll end up in North Africa/Europe/Pacific."
No, Back then there was a sense of Pride in ones country and people actually Joined to defend and protect this country. If they didnt, we sure as hell would be speaking a different language right now. Theres a big difference between then and now. Now its Give me Give me, and No Help the country.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard