Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6501|Sydney, Australia
There is probably a correlation between a person's skill and their SPM, although I find looking at their accuracy gives me a hint as to how quickly that person can kill me before I manage to kill him/her. There are some people out there with amazing SPM, anything in excess of 4 should be considered brilliant, but especially those who have 5 or more, I congratulate you as well as reserve alot of envy.

But how do you do it?

Do you usually get in the 100+ score range each round? What's your KDR per round? My SPM isn't great, but I get on average 12 kills per round as indicated by my stats, it's sort of my cap and it takes a long time for my SPM to go up. To those who have SPM in excess of 4, please give a fellow BF2 player some helpful tips.

Thanks very much, in advance.
MetalChont
+18|6555|Sydney, Australia
I just kill very fast and do the odd revive - it's not uncommon for me to get 40+ kills in a 10-15 minute round
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6537|Sydney, in 1978
just jetwhore wake island on china, dosent work for me because i cant fly for crap, but im sure youll learn and love it
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6587|Melbourne, Australia.
Trick to good spm = medic.

http://bf2s.com/player/80598646/

Per round on an inf only server, I usually get 100+ score. usually with 25 kills, 10 deaths and revives.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6501|Sydney, Australia

MetalChont wrote:

I just kill very fast and do the odd revive - it's not uncommon for me to get 40+ kills in a 10-15 minute round
Yeah, 28.8% accuracy usually means you get alot of kills, very nice. 40+ kills, woah, I might be able to get that if the round lasts for 40 minutes haha.
PlaneWhore
+59|6772
SPM does have a link to player skill bu it isn't the end all be all. I manage about 6 SPM in the most competitive 64 player public server available. When I'm on an IO server (any IO server) I do 8 to 10 SPM because I find the game play to be much easier in IO.

Medic gives you the highest potential SPM on a regular server (exceeding even armor) but you'll need to be skilled to make it work.

Aside from playing a medic some tips include:

1) Run with a squad and use VOIP. Even if it is a "pickup" squad with random people it still helps a lot. Just create a VOIP/VOICE/TEAMWORK squad and run with it. I also recommend you constantly bug your squadmates to get rid of the sniper kits and spawn medic (as I do). More time spent alive = high SPM. My squads often end fast 15 minute rounds of regular BF2 with 450 or more total points.

2) Use the G36E and stick with it. I know the AK-101 is a nice weapon but you cannot have the AK-101 on both teams and even taking that weapon in to account I still find the G36E to be superior. It is the only weapon I use when I play infantry and using only that weapon has helped me fine tune my skills and become very proficient with the unique firing techniques/methods for that particular weapon.
MetalChont

PlaneWhore wrote:

2) Use the G36E and stick with it. I know the AK-101 is a nice weapon but you cannot have the AK-101 on both teams and even taking that weapon in to account I still find the G36E to be superior. It is the only weapon I use when I play infantry and using only that weapon has helped me fine tune my skills and become very proficient with the unique firing techniques/methods for that particular weapon.
Great.  Another person telling the nubs to use eveyone's favourite stupidly over-powered instagib device.

Edit:
A tip for ya (if you play in a clan):  Use the standard weapons exclusively in pubs and leave the unlocks for wars.  Leaving the incredibly noobishness of the G36e behind for the M16/AK* will make you much better... Well at least I hope so.  The reason I say this is that all you have to do with the G36e is point your mouse in the approximate location of your foe, spam left mouse and win.  NO SKILL WHATSOEVER K?

Edit 2:
Another tip:  Due to the, at best, random nature of Battlefield 2's rego, try and put yourself in a nice spot from which to engage your enemies rather than attempting to face them head to head so that when rego fails you (in my case, it almost always does), you are able to retreat quite safely.

Last edited by MetalChont (2006-10-31 02:57:24)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6575

Vub wrote:

There is probably a correlation between a person's skill and their SPM, although I find looking at their accuracy gives me a hint as to how quickly that person can kill me before I manage to kill him/her. There are some people out there with amazing SPM, anything in excess of 4 should be considered brilliant, but especially those who have 5 or more, I congratulate you as well as reserve alot of envy.

But how do you do it?

Do you usually get in the 100+ score range each round? What's your KDR per round? My SPM isn't great, but I get on average 12 kills per round as indicated by my stats, it's sort of my cap and it takes a long time for my SPM to go up. To those who have SPM in excess of 4, please give a fellow BF2 player some helpful tips.

Thanks very much, in advance.
Accuracy: There are different players and therefore different style of play. Some guys spray for the head and get a crappy Accuracy but kill you very quick. Other players aim for the body, takes more time but is way easier to kill. Therefore judging skill by accuracy is maybe not the best idea.

Yesterday night i went for some public gaming on an Infantry Only server. Kill/Deathratios of 10:1 aren't a problem there because you don't need to pay attention to Artillery, Tanks and APCs. My SPM was a bit over 6 and i made 45-55 kills each round only using the default weapons and playing medic with a clanmate.

As MetalChont mentioned before stick to the Default weapons you get really skilled if you use them. G36E is the easiest weapon to use and requires zero skill.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
Play karkand as support, spam grenades and drop ammo bags. Fail safe method. I got 5 100 point rounds in a row on the insomnia365 karkand server doing that. Volx is a smart one, great way too get points fast.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
A good SPM doesn't exactly mean someone is skilled. It means they can spam ammo or medic bags on Karkabutt in short rounds faster than u can.

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA

Cbass wrote:

A good SPM doesn't exactly mean someone is skilled. It means they can spam ammo or medic bags on Karkabutt in short rounds faster than u can.

I hardly ever do that, but I'm just saying it's a great way to get fast, easy points lol.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6701|Howell, Mi USA
Yea i did it back in tEh day when a couple hundred points from next rank or something. Not any more though, i can get just as many points chopper whoring Ghost Town or Iron Gator with a decent gunner. Easily get close to 100 point rounds like that.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
PlaneWhore
+59|6772

MetalChont wrote:

Great.  Another person telling the nubs to use eveyone's favourite stupidly over-powered instagib device.

Edit:
A tip for ya (if you play in a clan):  Use the standard weapons exclusively in pubs and leave the unlocks for wars.  Leaving the incredibly noobishness of the G36e behind for the M16/AK* will make you much better... Well at least I hope so.  The reason I say this is that all you have to do with the G36e is point your mouse in the approximate location of your foe, spam left mouse and win.  NO SKILL WHATSOEVER K?
If I'd classify any set of weapons as "instagib devices" it'd be the automatics. Point in the general direction of your target, hold down the mouse button and spray like crazy. It's effective and it's easy. Don't expect to do that with the G36E though. It's a powerful gun to be sure but it only works if you're a good player who can 1) aim precisely and 2) control your recoil and firing technique. Don't expect to get any "spray n' pray" with the G36E.

Now that I think about it this whole response was off base. You've admitted you think the G36E "stupidly over-powered" (I happen to agree to a lesser extent - that it is the best rifle) yet you don't recommend people use it? Same weapon skills required as the M16 only it's a better weapon and thus will yield better results. The logic isn't that tough to follow.
Snipa Fox
+21|6404|Brisbane, Australia
Hello, looks like you found the right person

My alias is, RESPECT.AU (First account to break 8+ SPM and is currently ranked 3rd in the world, but should be 1st on the basis of legitametely achieved)

http://bf2s.com/player/75210670/
---------------------------

This is how i achieved it...

On my normal account, Sn|PA_Fox (http://www.bf2s.com/player/66071380/)  I dedicated most of my time to playing Infantry and playing against stack and playing with stocks.

I never exploited the game mechanics (Prone jumping, prone spamming), i just played the game as to how it should be played. Doing that for months on end was very helpful.

So, out of boredom and realising it might be possible to get above a SPM of 5+, i created Respect.au, but only started working on it after 1.4 was released (because all of the exploiters were now useless)

I usually played as MEC (Just cause i love the AK)
played majority of time as medic
3/10 hours of INF only
Mostly played on Karkand
Rare occassions i had a squad that was capable of reviving me everytime i died, but that's how i usually play

Kills, revives, flag caps, heals. That's 4 ways to get points, mix everything all in at once and you should get a decent result.

70% skill, 30% whore.

I reckon i could get 9-10+ if i played all 10 hours on Inf only.

I didn't even intend on breaking 8+, all i wanted was #1 in Australia... which at the time was 5.5 or something. But was extended by my brother 7.2 (http://www.bf2s.com/player/79525910/). At one stage i got it up to 8.15, but it now stands at 8.0670.

Hope theres something useful in there.

Last edited by Snipa Fox (2006-10-31 12:20:27)

ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6538
Either medic whores on karkand. Or they are as leet as BushViper. Or they play in whats called knife pistol servers.
Drexel
+43|6483|Philadelphia
This should go without saying, but I feel that I still have to say it...  SPM means jack to skill.  All of these players that are commenting here are all medics and the guy with an 8+ has over 25% of his points as revives (no offence).  I don't have much of a SPM but that is because I spend most of my time as Commander/Squad leader providing spawnpoints for my Squadmates.  No offence to anyone here, but I don't care if you have a SPM of over 20, you will never win if you don't have teamwork.  Kills aren't everything.
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6565|AK101 Factory
My accuracy is 21% on main and second - mainly because i mess around shooting teammates feet and stuff; the correlation would be there for a "serious - z0mg no1s there no bulletzz!11one" player; I always thought kills per minute was a better indicator.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6653
Accuracy and SPM don't mean shit. Stats don't mean shit unless you know exactly how someone plays.
The#1Spot
+105|6546|byah

Vub wrote:

MetalChont wrote:

Yeah, 28.8% accuracy usually means you get alot of kills, very nice. 40+ kills, woah, I might be able to get that if the round lasts for 40 minutes haha.
fix your last 2 sentences in your sig 1 your are stupid for posting that 78% are stupid 12% are smart what about the other 10% and 2 you cant count.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2006-10-31 13:54:51)

The#1Spot
+105|6546|byah

Snipa Fox wrote:

Hello, looks like you found the right person

My alias is, RESPECT.AU (First account to break 8+ SPM and is currently ranked 3rd in the world, but should be 1st on the basis of legitametely achieved)

http://bf2s.com/player/75210670/
---------------------------

This is how i achieved it...

On my normal account, Sn|PA_Fox (http://www.bf2s.com/player/66071380/)  I dedicated most of my time to playing Infantry and playing against stack and playing with stocks.

I never exploited the game mechanics (Prone jumping, prone spamming), i just played the game as to how it should be played. Doing that for months on end was very helpful.

So, out of boredom and realising it might be possible to get above a SPM of 5+, i created Respect.au, but only started working on it after 1.4 was released (because all of the exploiters were now useless)

I usually played as MEC (Just cause i love the AK)
played majority of time as medic
3/10 hours of INF only
Mostly played on Karkand
Rare occassions i had a squad that was capable of reviving me everytime i died, but that's how i usually play

Kills, revives, flag caps, heals. That's 4 ways to get points, mix everything all in at once and you should get a decent result.

70% skill, 30% whore.

I reckon i could get 9-10+ if i played all 10 hours on Inf only.

I didn't even intend on breaking 8+, all i wanted was #1 in Australia... which at the time was 5.5 or something. But was extended by my brother 7.2 (http://www.bf2s.com/player/79525910/). At one stage i got it up to 8.15, but it now stands at 8.0670.

Hope theres something useful in there.
pistol knife/stat padding
your bro shanked 4 people in 9sec and defib 39 in 38min
The only person i will believe that his spm is without cheating (p\k servers is cheating) is RD Volx at the moment
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

How to get a High SPM
----------------------

-Medic whore on Karkand and Jalalabad, prefferably IO. Get wicked with the G36E.

-Tank whore any map with close concentrations of fools

-Get good with the shotgun. IF you can get to the point of almost always being "in the zone" you can score a handsome amount with just footin it as an shotgun-toting engy. The other day in a normal Jalalabad server, I happened to be in the zone and had a faithful medic with me. Went like 40-9, no tank involved. Ran 1 guy over with a DPV, pistol whipped two medics. Rest was with my M11-87. If I had even more medics with me, I probably could've gone much higher. I had the highest score that round, next highest was 67 on my team from a tanker, highest on MEC was 40 something.
Simon
basically
+838|6665|UK

PlaneWhore wrote:

If I'd classify any set of weapons as "instagib devices" it'd be the automatics. Point in the general direction of your target, hold down the mouse button and spray like crazy. It's effective and it's easy. Don't expect to do that with the G36E though. It's a powerful gun to be sure but it only works if you're a good player who can 1) aim precisely and 2) control your recoil and firing technique. Don't expect to get any "spray n' pray" with the G36E.

Now that I think about it this whole response was off base. You've admitted you think the G36E "stupidly over-powered" (I happen to agree to a lesser extent - that it is the best rifle) yet you don't recommend people use
LOL AHAAHAHAHAH. You think the G36E needs skill to use ? It has next to no recoil, its a overpowered extremely accurate gun. Privates can go 15-0 with that gun, it shows NO skill atall, use stock weapons, there are a few good unlocks but that's only because the stock equivalent is shite. You don't need to aim precisely you just run around with an overpowered gun that any everyday pubber can use.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6587|Melbourne, Australia.

Snipa Fox wrote:

sure fox..sure . I remember u, joe azza and a few others (maybe me :p) were the biggest prone jumpers on Nodes Sharqi .
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6489
IO= 90+ score each round
Regular bf2= 120+

http://bf2s.com/player/78895979/
i also average a 3 but some rounds i could get like 49 - 3 no joke

if u click my stats on the left u will see i played 2 rounds of karkand on that and my machinegun kdr is 6 i averaged 59 - 3 with that account (in a regular server)

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-10-31 16:35:23)

MetalChont

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Snipa Fox wrote:

sure fox..sure . I remember u, joe azza and a few others (maybe me :p) were the biggest prone jumpers on Nodes Sharqi .
I taught Joe.Azza how to prone jump omgomgomg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard