RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6735
What happens when you pair bunny hopping with explosives?  A C4 whore.  These guys jump and C4 anything in range.  I have no idea how they don't get injured in these explosions, but apparently they're bulletproof (or plastic explosive proof)

I was playing on my normal Karkand server, and my team (USMC) ran into maybe 8 out of the 12 people on the other team doing this cheap and tasteless tactic.  We were losing 20-50, but managed to destroy all the C4 whores, and then just camp the spawn.  I know, spawnkilling is wrong, but we had to do something. 

Bunny hoppers are killable.  But when you have only a couple of seconds to kill them, it's near impossible.

So anyways, we camped the hotel spawn, because they didn't think they could spawn at their other 5 spawn points.  In the end, 20-50 turned out to be 1-0.  Why?  Because I got like 20 kills spawncamping.

Is the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right" a good quote in this situation?  Was my team the bad guys, or was the enemy to blame?  Or were we both wrong, and the quote does indeed stand true?
ayb
+0|6746|Orlando, FL

RedFiercare wrote:

other team doing this cheap and tasteless tactic

RedFiercare wrote:

I know, spawnkilling is wrong, but we had to do something
it's always justifiable when it's you and not the other guy isn't it?

your hypocrisy aside, i also don't care for c4 being used as an offensive infantry weapon. c4 should be like it was back in bfv, took a second to pull each wad out and took a second to place. you didn't have pre-packaged blocks of it, not to mention that youre not going to throw it against a tank from 20 feet away and have it stick. but..... this is bf2 after all. i've come to the realization that anyone waiting around on ea to produce 1) balance and/or 2) even a semblance of realism is wasting not only their time but their money.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
Meh, rarley get close enough to me to kill. I do see em racking up kills though.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6735
It was really insane, if you were there...

Either way.  I know I'm being hypocritical, as I'm usually the first one to rally against spawnkilling.  However, when 7 other people are doing it, that's already enough to cover all the spawn points.

It was really weird, almost like a hack.  They would just throw it and blow it up, they couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 meters away, which would injure them badly, but that same person would do it 3 more times...
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
No such thing as spawn killing.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6735
There is no spoone?

Spawn killing, base raping, spawncamping, it's all the same.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
I don't see it as a problem. If you're taking a base, you have to kill infantry before going in, OR convince them to spawn somewhere else through sufficient killing. If you're defending your base, its necessary to counter-attack them at their spawn. If they dont like it, they can spawn elsewhere. The game always provides 2 options of uncappable spawns, or has uncaps that are big enough so that spawn raping aint an issue.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6735
Yeah.  I usually only kill people at spawns when an allie is capping the flag.  A pre-emptive strike, I like to trick myself into calling it
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6735|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
i tried doin the c4 jihad in a tank too slow man couldnt catch anything hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaha
ayb
+0|6746|Orlando, FL
one of the things i liked about bfv was the elimination of uncaps. some were basically impossible to cap because of the time it took but there were no circle with a slash flags (my memory of bfv is a little rusty, if untrue feel free to correct me). it was always fun to respond to crying about base camping "go back to 42 crybaby".
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
Yeah, lol.
Kriznik
+0|6763

RedFiercare wrote:

What happens when you pair bunny hopping with explosives?  A C4 whore.
WHY everyone who cant do same thing as someone who kill you is WHORE???

its not e cheat its just skill to be fast enought to jump throw and detonate... are sick of this? try to learn do same thinks and then you will know how to defend

i know how be "C4 whore" too and im not cheating (as you told they must be plastic and bullet proof) ... so where is you problem?

everyone complain about everyone who kill them  ... WHY?
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6735|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
what the
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
^lol
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6735

Kriznik wrote:

RedFiercare wrote:

What happens when you pair bunny hopping with explosives?  A C4 whore.
WHY everyone who cant do same thing as someone who kill you is WHORE???

its not e cheat its just skill to be fast enought to jump throw and detonate... are sick of this? try to learn do same thinks and then you will know how to defend

i know how be "C4 whore" too and im not cheating (as you told they must be plastic and bullet proof) ... so where is you problem?

everyone complain about everyone who kill them  ... WHY?
There are key words in the English language that everyone should know.  Such words are EXAGGERATION, SARCASM, GRAMMAR.

As you know, whore is a common term among gamers, especially FPS', especially BF2.  You know what it means, don't act the innocent.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6805
Whore = Cheapness.

C4 Whoring = Cheapness.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6761|Canada, Ont
I wish I could do that...could get Expert that way, But I can't.
Scorpian65
+14|6729
Obviously you guys only dislike something when your the victem. The term Whoring which you throw more of then lead is a relative term. The tactical use of C4 is a great way to kill many enemy at once. So the guy uses it instead of a gun, so what? Maybe he's trying to get his explosives badge. The nade launcher in the face from two feet away sucks as well as the AT missle to kill ground troops, but their weapons in the game. Personally I'm a plane and tank Whore (to use your words) I use the planes to help my team kill enemy equipment before capping a flag and I nail flags that have gone neutral so my guys can recapture. If you dont like the weapons and hardware in the game go back to a WWII game such as MOH, where you can bitch about the smg and rockets Whore's.

As for base raping/spawn camping, unless its an uncappable flag there is no such thing. If I'm in a tank or APC my job is to hang back and blast everything in sight from a relativly safe area to cover my ground troops going in for the flag. If someone is determined or stupid enough to keep spawning at that flag then its their problem its not  base raping if its a cappable flag.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

M-203 wh0ring, C4-wh0ring, DAO-wh0ring. What next? Pistol wh0res?
Be0w0lf2
+0|6744
[/Is the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right" a good quote in this situation?  Was my team the bad guys, or was the enemy to blame?  Or were we both wrong, and the quote does indeed stand true?]

Three lefts make a right though
the_ubernoob_
+8|6735
It is odd that apparently the c4'ers are throwing the c4 and then detonateing really fast.
I cant push the red button that fast but apparently some can (good for you).
...the thing is if you push the button that fast won't you be well within the range of the fireball (and presumably dead)?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6773|The Hague, Holland
You both were very wrong, nomatter how lame the other guy is, it does not give you the right to be lame aswell.

However the quote :

"When somebody's being a jackass..
  Its only right to return the favor.."

Does sound apealing.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6762|Atlanta, GA USA
This is not difficult to do.  I tried it one night, and it works really well.  That's how I finally got my basic explosive ordinance badge.  I ended up with 19 C4 kills that round (thought I might get the veteran, too)!
  From my experience, though, you can't detonate without backing up a little or you'll blow up too.  The hardest part is backing up enough without getting shot!  Basically you jump, throw, switch, back up a little, detonate.  It's kind of a waste to use on one person, but it is really a great tactic when you see a bunch of people, like a squad.  I've run up to a squad trying to cap a flag, chucked one C4 and killed 'em all!
BigWhompaOne
+10|6771
only a Karkand whore would post this............
fizz85
+1|6781|Voice of reason
When people start to throw c4 I just break out the Nube Tube and kill them before they can detonate. It really pisses them off. I guess it sucks when you feel you are king of the hill and sombody comes by and kicks you right off. I have even been called nube for doing this. But it is the only effective tactic to stop these guys close in.

I don't dislike the tactic. I have not taken the time to learn it. Just like people who only use the 203 it is quite annoying. But then again no matter how sombody kills me it gets annoying after the 5th time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard