ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
State of emergency widens over Russian alcohol poisoning

https://i14.tinypic.com/2dh8ie8.jpg
A second Russian region has declared a health emergency over a nationwide outbreak of alcohol poisoning that officials say has killed more than 100 people.

Related stories and videos; enjoy.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/3 … iufvm.html

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/drun … ditch.html
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/03/02/musya.shtml
http://www.sikvid.com/vids/1791.html

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-30 19:11:56)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
Vodka, bad?

What's wrong with ye!
ATG
Banned
I like vodka, but I only drink the good stuff.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
thats a lot of dead russians
ATG
Banned
The serious debate point is, what would Russia be if it wasn't rife with chronic drunks?
Would they have collapsed as a empire if they had stayed more sober?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
it almost seems as if you are born to alcoholism if your russian.  42,000 russains dead every year from drinking bad alcohol!?!?!?!?!!  fuckin nuts
ATG
Banned
Thats just the ones who drink industrial alcohol.
According to a tidbit in a Tom Clancy novel many of the Russians ICBM's were rendered useless because the troops had consumed the rocket fuel.
lol !
Hornet141
+1|6373|Missouri, USA
I drank about 2/5ths of a liter of smirnoff triple distilled vodka and then had like 7 bud lights and that shit made me sick lol. I definately had too much, that vodka is potent.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
oh man, my last memory with vodka...with any kind hard liquor was the day I got back from the box.  holy shit I dont think I ever drank so much before in my life.  I was one of a handful of poor suckers that didnt have anybody to greet them when we came back so we all really totally made up for a whole year of not being able to drink (well not a whole year).  I swore off alcohol in general since except for the occasional beer

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-10-30 19:47:29)

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6627|Australia

ATG wrote:

The serious debate point is, what would Russia be if it wasn't rife with chronic drunks?
Nah they still would have gone down. Now, if Stalin didnt purge Russia for 'traitors', and possibly learnt how to micromanage the country and decrease ineffieciency they would have kicked ass.

Vodka is awesome, but only the good stuff - but the cheap stuff is HORRIBLE. Like drinking acid fumes.
DeepSkysUrGe
+28|6405|Jax, Fl
LOL crazy Ruskies.  Only the Goose, Belvadere, and if i'm low on cash 3 Olive.

Yeah i drink alot...so what.
George_W_Smith
Banned
+2|6359|Oakland
Zima is better.
Hornet141
+1|6373|Missouri, USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oh man, my last memory with vodka...with any kind hard liquor was the day I got back from the box.  holy shit I dont think I ever drank so much before in my life.  I was one of a handful of poor suckers that didnt have anybody to greet them when we came back so we all really totally made up for a whole year of not being able to drink (well not a whole year).  I swore off alcohol in general since except for the occasional beer
Hey I did the same thing with the "swearing off alcohol"...now it is just a Bud Light every once in a while and then getting the occassional MIP (doh! stupid me, never again am I getting one).
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

ATG wrote:

Smirnoff is Russian, and is one of the purest vokas available, as well as often winning blind tests.

It's sad that I know this despite the fact that I don't drink..................
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
they drink it and go blind?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
Meh, New Zealand sucks.  You can have Sydney, though.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-10-30 20:42:58)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Smirnoff is Russian, and is one of the purest vokas available, as well as often winning blind tests.

It's sad that I know this despite the fact that I don't drink..................
You can get some other very good ones out there

Chopin
Zubrowka (grass vodka)
Plus some home made cherry vodka from my wifes uncle!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

The Russians always liked their vodka. But now with collapse of the Union and the emergence of capitalism a very large rift has opened up between rich and poor. These ppl drink because they have no hope. The economic situation in some areas is appalling. Couple that with little day light and freezing cold in the northern third and you have a recipe for alcoholism and suicide. I read somewhere that beside 90% or Russian suicides you find an empty bottle of Vod.

The people used to work collectively for mother Russia, it wasn't ideal, but for a considerable amount of the populace it was better than the current capitalistic Juggernaut which is steam rolling half the nation while making the other half rich. It will stabilize though. Especially in 20 years time when the rest of us are kissing their asses to not switch 90% of our gas supply off.

The Russian empire didn't collapse because of booze, it was the kicking they got in Afghanistan and they will become a supper power again as we all start to clamber for the worlds resources.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

it almost seems as if you are born to alcoholism if your russian.  42,000 russains dead every year from drinking bad alcohol!?!?!?!?!!  fuckin nuts
They're just not very good at being alcoholics. They should send them over here to Ireland for training.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
The problem with vodka in Russia is everyone drinks it.

https://img409.imageshack.us/img409/601/vodkawh4.jpg

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-10-31 04:38:01)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
From this one time I went to Moscow I can tell you this: if you want to stand the cold, vodka is the way. Good or bad doesn't matter so much when its 40 below
ƒ³
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6500|The lunar module

Bubbalo wrote:

Smirnoff is an American vodka.

Good Russian ones are Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6519|Southeastern USA
"drain cleaner"

TOP SHELF vodka, that is the most important part, make sure it is TOP SHELF, you will be hating life if you use the cheap stuff, straight out of the freezer, has to have been in long enough for the bottle to be nice and frosty

turn shot glass upside down on table
pour vodka on glass, just enough for it to make a little dome (it helps if the glass is bone dry, the surface tension will make it form a bubble of vodka)
insert one end of straw into vodka bubble, place nose on other end, and suck it down

my friends and i saw it in a mag some years ago when we were looking for mean dirty drinks to try to kill each other with, the article said "snort it back", and it being in a british mag, we thought it meant take a quick shot, but then the next line said "yes, through your nose", instant alcohol to mucus membrane transition, I don't suggest doing it twice, but it's great for a dare to do once.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
anyone who wants to drink real russian vodka(well after this whole poisinig thing blows over) see if you can find Red Star vodka. the shit is brown, for real russian vodka....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard