akbigd
+-2|6750
did they make it weaker  in 1.03 patch     i mean sometime i ll have 2 enemies next each other and i only get one of them . when i used to get 3 and more ppl if their some one near them

i ve gotten 20+ stars before 1.3.  since i installed the new patch 2 weeks ago  i only got 2 stars

my kills, socres and effctivness is going down

any ideas wts going on
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center
yeah, its called get some skill and use a weapon that requires more than just blasting away at someone.

seriously.

id be glad if they took the damage down on that bastard weapon.  too many times have i snuck up behind someone, been ready to knife, when he swings around and blasts me in the face with his explosive load, leaving him unscathed and me covered in a sticky, gooey mess of death despair.

ill admit, the grenade launcher is effective and it has times when its put to good use, but im really sick of all the people who just run around the map using only the noob toob. 

my advice: stop worrying about your stupid grenade launcher and get some practice with the other guns.

Last edited by ThomasMorgan (2005-11-20 23:51:21)

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6781

noobtube karma?
Rizen_Ji
+41|6754|200m out and smiling at you.
i have a question,

y do people call it the noob tube?
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6795
Rizen_ji, because they suck with it and get owned by it.
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6828|Canberra, Australia
There's nothing like seeing some bitch with a noobtube get taken down. I've run at a guy with my knife, he's swung around and tubed me, but missed. He then proceeds to bunnyhop for the next 15 seconds while he reloads the tube. Dude, I have a knife. Switch to 3 and finish me off, or get some balls (and I totally respect people who do this) and pull your knife out.

At a minimum, just shoot me. The bullets in that rifle work just as well.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6758|Vermont

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

I don't suck with it at all.  I just find it too easy and feel dirty using it since I hate it.  You can check my stats to verify that I can kill with it.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6754|Salt Lake City

cmdwedge wrote:

There's nothing like seeing some bitch with a noobtube get taken down. I've run at a guy with my knife, he's swung around and tubed me, but missed. He then proceeds to bunnyhop for the next 15 seconds while he reloads the tube. Dude, I have a knife. Switch to 3 and finish me off, or get some balls (and I totally respect people who do this) and pull your knife out.

At a minimum, just shoot me. The bullets in that rifle work just as well.
My two highest scoring kits are AT and Assault (only 8 kills difference between them), I most certainly do not try to play the whole round using the grenade launcher.  While I do use the 203, I don't use it often, and more often than not it is in desperation on tanks, hoping they are badly damaged and I might pull of a tank kill with it.  I've gotten a few players with the 203, but I just find the rifle itself is a great weapong and use that more than anything.
akbigd
+-2|6750

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

well when u get you KPM up to .8

you can call me noob,    wt is .3    i think u only averging  20 kills an hour what a lame
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6788|Canada, Ont
People hate it because its a 1-Hit K.O. without any real Fight, most of the time its just a lucky shot and at point blank from a bunny hopper.

Its just something nobody likes to die from, its over-used and basicly the primary weapon for Assault kit. People need to start using it for Taking out Transports instead of Regular Ground Troops.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

I don't like the fact that I'm made to feel bad when I use it, but mostly I use it on those little zippy dune buggies and other light transports. Three easy kills. It made me sick though when I managed to GL a full dune-buggy as it was heading straight for me. The driver started yelling at me calling me a n00b, so I switched to Sniper, and with a worrying, "It's DICKHEAD-HUNTING TIME," I proceeded to sit over their remaining point and shoot him in the head as he spawned.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Rizen_Ji
ah, well i still don't see what's the problem i mean think about y they made that weapon in the first place... jeez... it's just a game don't go around calling ppl noobs cuz they like to use the freaking grenade launchers. i liked it when i played assault a long time ago.

but i was never called a noob i think....

Last edited by Rizen_Ji (2005-11-21 21:05:04)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

Agreed. If people want to run around with it, it makes me feel good because I know I'm better than them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6757|Finland
Well there's nothing noob when using grenade launcher. Well of course if there's some real noob using it and he/she just kill some one with luck it's maybe stupid, but you really need to learn use it so you hit every single grenade from near and from far disntances. Those peoples who call it to noobtoob just suck with it. Assault is maybe one of the best kits in game with AT and grena launcher is maybe the best part of Assault kit. So... Just learnt to use it and shut up
Pig_Fooker
+1|6755|Temecula, CA
Its a real weapon.  What's so noob about it.  Granted I think anyone bunny hopping is gay and just like Ghost Recon and some other FPS's the cross hairs should virtually disappear, in fact I don't think you should even have cross hairs.  I've been toasted by the M203 plenty of times, but I still get revenge with any other weapon.  Deal with it.  And if you are running at someone with a knife you probably deserve to be rag-dolled, just shot the person and avoid the bunny hopping slaptard behavior that we've all grown to hate.  I blame EA for the accuracy you still have when you're frolicing like a ferry, but I still feel I've won even if I died while flat on my feet.
Dr0pped
+8|6772|Ontario, Canada

cmdwedge wrote:

and pull your knife out.
That reminds me..I was in a knife fight  with a  guy when one of his team fires his noob tube, kills us both..

Now THAT's smart....
eatmywheaties
+2|6776
it sure would be nice if the splash damage was greatly reduced.
Warsn1per
+3|6760|The Netherlands
They should do that from far distances they simply one hit kill, but from distances less than 10 M or something, it only hurts you to 2 bars (just like the m95) That would be a mayor difference, noob-tubing is almost ruined then makes the game a lot more fun to play.

Also, MAKE EVERYBODY INVINCIBLE AND UNABLE TO FIRE FOR 2 SECONDS AFTER THEY SPAWN, this prevents spawn killing and prevents killing when spawned without being able to be killed (get it>?) Spawn killing pisses me more off than noob-toobing
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6752|In a van down by the river
using a grenade launcher in itself isn't n00bish.  It depends on how you use it.  For instance, if there is a fully loaded humvee comin your way, feel free to launch a nade at it.  If you are rushing a base, feel free to shoot the grenade launcher by the flag before you reach it.  Of course, the splash damage is what needs to be adjusted, not actual damage accessed from it.  People shouldn't be able to shoot it at an enemy point blank and manage to survive.  You also shouldn't bunny hop around while using it.  If you are in CQC, pull out your m16, pistol, or your knife.  Make it a fight you n00bs.  Oh, and people who think it takes skill to use the grenade launcher are mistaken.  I don't use it because I don't play Assault ever.  I've used the nade launcher before games start.  Couldn't be an easier way to get kills.

Last edited by =NAA=TheTaxidermist (2005-11-22 08:21:10)

CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6757
How to make noob Toob pay? just rush IN them. They will fire and kill themself.

Go learn how to play, SP is there to learn how to play.
Rizen_Ji
y reduce the splash damage? that doesn't make any sense tho. a grenade blows up its still gonna do the same amount of damage... i mean that's like saying the potential energy of the reaction and stuff is dropping as it goes further away... that's like breaking newton's laws... i dunno i could just be being a science dork rt now... seeing is how i have a test tomorrow... i should study...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard