jsnipy
+3,276|6525|...

From ./ http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardware/0 … 6227.shtml

An anonymous reader writes "Alienware seem to have admitted threatening review sites with no future hardware unless positive reviews are written about their products. Hexus.net attempted to obtain a recent Alienware system and were rebuffed in an email claiming that their last review had scuppered the chances of them getting any hardware to review in the future. Follow-up emails confirmed this was part of Alienware's global marketing strategy. " I've read through the whole article and it would appear that the above is what the rep said. Now, granted, one would hope that's one person in that company, but still bad form.
CrazeD
+368|6675|Maine
If I was the "review site", I would tell them where to stuff it and post their "threat" publicly.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6553|Reading, Basingrad
HEXUS FTW!!!!!

I think you should start a "Don't buy Alienware" thread
George_W_Smith
Banned
+2|6391|Oakland
I wrote an Alienware haiku

Alienware sucks
There's no technical support
Overpriced bullshit
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6649

George_W_Smith wrote:

I wrote an Alienware haiku

Alienware sucks
There's no technical support
Overpriced bullshit
I wrote this song a long time ago. A real long time ago. Way before Slim Shady was in demand. Way before we dropped bologna on Afghanistan. I wrote this song in '94.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6397|The Gem Saloon
im glad i saw this thread. i was looking into getting an alienware for christmas. appearently its not a wise decision. could you guys enlighten me. playing with around 1500 to spend. i dont know PCs either. i make knives for a living so done complicate the shit out of this please.....just tell me what system from who with what video card. i dont want to upgrade shit, i need a good running pc for christmas...please let me know what you guys think.
CrazeD
+368|6675|Maine

Parker wrote:

im glad i saw this thread. i was looking into getting an alienware for christmas. appearently its not a wise decision. could you guys enlighten me. playing with around 1500 to spend. i dont know PCs either. i make knives for a living so done complicate the shit out of this please.....just tell me what system from who with what video card. i dont want to upgrade shit, i need a good running pc for christmas...please let me know what you guys think.
Read one of the other thousand topics in 'Tech'.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard