JahManRed
wank
+646|6664|IRELAND

Its interesting this. Tony Blair says its is the most worrying and significant report since he has been in office(10 years) FFS experts and scientists have been warning us for decades about this, but surprise surprise........ is it the threat that 40% of species on the planet will become extinct? Is it the 200million refugees and displaced ppls? Is it the millions who will die? Is the the millions of square miles of arable land lost for ever? Is it famine which will affect half of the worlds population? No its none of these things, because the only new bit of information contained in this report over the hundreds of other warnings and reports is........... the world will loose 20% of its money!!!!! Now governments will act because its not the people of the world they serve, its the mighty Dollar/Pound/Yen etc.............

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-10-30 03:45:33)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6793|Argentina

JahManRed wrote:

Its interesting this. Tony Blair says its is the most worrying and significant report since he has been in office(10 years) FFS experts and scientists have been warning us for decades about this, but surprise surprise........ is it the threat that 40% of species on the planet will become extinct? Is it the 200million refugees and displaced ppls? Is it the millions who will die? Is the the millions of square miles of arable land lost for ever? Is it famine which will affect half of the worlds population? No its none of these things, because the only new bit of information contained in this report over the hundreds of other warnings and reports is........... the world will loose 20% of its money!!!!! Now governments will act because its not the people of the world they serve, its the mighty Dollar/Pound/Yen etc.............
I know it's sad, but that's the way you get these people involved, telling 'em they are loosing money.
herrr_smity
+156|6663|space command ur anus
Bush says its not happening and we all know how smart he is /sarcasm/
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6617|SE London

herrr_smity wrote:

No he doesn't. EVEN Bush agrees that it is happening. Took him long enough to be convinced though.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6654|InGerLand
*yawn*
Blair just wants to go out as a bit more than just a good PM who made a big mistake (war in Iraq)
so he is going to try and go out as a new thinking primeminister who started the world on the path to a cleaner future etc
it has happened many a time before and sometimes it works, I don't realli care what anyone will think of him or anything similar, it is just nice that when people go "oh s**t noones going to remember me for anything good" they start to actually do good things, in this case he's going to have a whack at environmentalism, which i think we need more of, so i'm not going to complain lol
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6731|NJ
I read the title of this thread and just can't believe that's what is actually making people worry about this. Global Warming will do allot worse then shrink the economy, It's already been causing mass loss of life with it's effects.

We've had 3 of the worst eco-attacks last year.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6627|Scarborough Yorkshire England

sfarrar33 wrote:

*yawn*
Blair just wants to go out as a bit more than just a good PM who made a big mistake (war in Iraq)
so he is going to try and go out as a new thinking primeminister who started the world on the path to a cleaner future etc
it has happened many a time before and sometimes it works, I don't realli care what anyone will think of him or anything similar, it is just nice that when people go "oh s**t noones going to remember me for anything good" they start to actually do good things, in this case he's going to have a whack at environmentalism, which i think we need more of, so i'm not going to complain lol
Yeah and what's he gonna do make us pay more for petrol, light bulbs etc so while the rest of the world does fuck all the cost of living goes up again in the UK.  Maybe some of these pollutions I mean politicians should try living on low wages for a month before they tax everything to death, "I can afford so the rest of the country must be able too"

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-30 08:13:04)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6565|Global Command

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Eco attacks? Please clarify.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6617|SE London

Jinto-sk wrote:

sfarrar33 wrote:

*yawn*
Yeah and what's he gonna do make us pay more for petrol, light bulbs etc so while the rest of the world does fuck all the cost of living goes up again in the UK.  Maybe some of these pollutions I mean politicians should try living on low wages for a month before they tax everything to death, "I can afford so the rest of the country must be able too"
Very true. Have you seen how much money these MPs claim on expenses? It's around £100'000pa for many of them. That's just their expenses!

Rather than putting prices up on things that pollute, the government should be subsidising eco-friendly products. Make it financially sensible to use enviromentally safe products and people will use them. Don't make everything else stupidly expensive in an attempt to make people but other expensive products.
OXTHAFOX
+18|6703
My comment on this ongoing conversation about global warming:

PLEASE STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE
CameronPoe
+2,925|6591

OXTHAFOX wrote:

That'll make things all better again of course...burying our heads in the sand FTW!!

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-30 09:02:39)

dog7777
+0|6698
There is proof to say that Global Warming isn't happening again and that all these record highs are just part of a  global cycle. Scientists have taken samples from Perma-frost and it shows that this happens in a cycle period of hot period of cold.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6682

Bertster7 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

No he doesn't. EVEN Bush agrees that it is happening. Took him long enough to be convinced though.
lawl @ the cliche "I hate Bush" post from a foreigner. I don't agree with everything Bush does either, but for fucks sake, some of you are so desperate to slam Bush you fail to make any point based on rational thought or fact. Sadly, that is what this forum has degraded to.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6802|UK

sergeriver wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

I know it's sad, but that's the way you get these people involved, telling 'em they are loosing money.
QFT, that is especially the case with the American government, if they try to reduce polution it will cost some industries millions and thus they will lose favour.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6591
Does this mean that, conversely, if we refrigerated the earth the global economy would grow by 20%?
cpt.fass1
+329|6731|NJ

CameronPoe wrote:

Does this mean that, conversely, if we refrigerated the earth the global economy would grow by 20%?
Yes, so everyone put there ice boxes and refrigerators outside for a few days...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6807|PNW

Let's all leave our air conditioners running with the window open. That'll surely have an effect.

[edit]

cpt.fass1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Yes, so everyone put there ice boxes and refrigerators outside for a few days...
Damnit, beat me to it...sort of.
[/edit]

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-30 12:54:56)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6743|NL
I can tell you one thing, if you life for another 40 years, your all gonna see the effects of global warming. You will see it in your wallet, your house, your friends, your work... you get it - everything.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6807|PNW

Poncho wrote:

I can tell you one thing, if you life for another 40 years, your all gonna see the effects of global warming. You will see it in your wallet, your house, your friends, your work... you get it - everything.
Even my pants?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6772|Salt Lake City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Poncho wrote:

Even my pants?
Especially there! 
cpt.fass1
+329|6731|NJ

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Let's all leave our air conditioners running with the window open. That'll surely have an effect.

[edit]

cpt.fass1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Damnit, beat me to it...sort of.
[/edit]
Fastest typer on the east...
Des.Kmal
+917|6654|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

ATG wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Eco attacks? Please clarify.
Yeah, what attacks...

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

lawl @ the cliche "I hate Bush" post from a foreigner. I don't agree with everything Bush does either, but for fucks sake, some of you are so desperate to slam Bush you fail to make any point based on rational thought or fact. Sadly, that is what this forum has degraded to.
It is quite ridiculous... and sad... since 98% of the time they (foreigners) dont wtf they are talking about and just think, "Hey. Hating Bush is cool. "

*sigh*
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6793|Argentina

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I read the title of this thread and just can't believe that's what is actually making people worry about this. Global Warming will do allot worse then shrink the economy, It's already been causing mass loss of life with it's effects.

I agree, but every post I opened about global warming was a flaming, and denial, so if you tell some people they're loosing money, perhaps they would get involved a bit more, don't you agree?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6793|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

OXTHAFOX wrote:

That'll make things all better again of course...burying our heads in the sand FTW!!
CamPoe you smoked some grass there in Istanbul?  The global warming is a leftists myth, didn't you know dude?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard