lil_droo
+19|1511

uziq wrote:

that's just a straight-up standard pop tune. 'house music' is pushing it a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EjbXPBXn3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svScti6R3lQ

^ perfect house tune imo.
the 1st song is legit but it's just chill. like i can't see people dancing to that or whatever. not enough energy or anything going for it. do people play that in clubs or raves out there or is that like niche underground house?
gang shit
uziq
+492|3468
people dance to it in clubs and festivals. S.A.M. had the biggest house tune of 2019, basically, in 'dance' circles.

i don't know why everything has to be 'niche' when you guys haven't heard of it there's a big wide old world out there, androoz!

this tune was everywhere in summer 2019, you'd hear it at every club, festival, daytime session, etc. of course, i'm not talking about EDM festivals and girls with pink fluffy bands around their ankles and wrists. i'm not a fucking idiot. this is actual music not candy-fluff for teens to 'roll on molly' for the first time to.

the song you linked would sound obnoxiously bad on a club system. it's made for radio. it's a pop tune. there are no dynamics in the track.

uziq
+492|3468
you do need to listen to this stuff on actual speakers droo. laptop or computer speakers won't cut it. half of the energy in house music is in those big rolling basslines. that's something almost always missing from pop-radio hits, which are made for car radios or people's phones. they're all upper-mid range.

uziq
+492|3468
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6648|949

These guys are just too fucking good. I posted a song a few months ago by them but this is my favorite off their new EP

Usually when a group tries to let their influences shine through the music becomes a bit derivative. This is just unbelievably well done. The production is as good as anything i've heard recently. Motown, early jazz, disco, electro, soul, gospel...it has a little bit of everything. Like coming home to a warm, home-cooked meal from your grandma.
uziq
+492|3468
1998. perfect!

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-18 03:19:54)

Larssen
+99|1903
uziq
+492|3468
my god you're literally that white guy listening to mos def and kendrick. vibing with the black american experience from your boardrooms in brussels.
Larssen
+99|1903
Good music is good music, and black americans happened to have made a lot of it.

I also have j balvin as a guilty pleasure and listen to plenty white ppl rock if that soothes your sensitivities.

Also a classic:

😎
uziq
+492|3468
i like a lot of rap and hip-hop, for sure, but it's definitely not in my top5 listened-to genres. and i don't go on and on in a cringe-making fashion about how black rapper x is the 'voice of a generation' or whatever. you are definitely a type, like the college-grad whiteboi in the 1990s who was really into 'conscious hip-hop' because it's 'intelligent' man, and a 'commentary'. none of that gang-banger shit!

that eurodance song is horrendous shit but it's pretty much what i'd expect a normie to listen to. it has that same sidechained kick drum sound that you will find in every single EDM song made since about 2013. with the white noise washes and transitions. wow! certainly not bored of hearing that!

the irony is that you talk derisively about 'elevator music', but the dance music you link is literally the stuff that gets licensed for mobile phone adverts, or the stuff that gets pumped into changing rooms in shopping malls, etc. it's just the very height of inoffensive, mildly catchy generica.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/laserkraft-3d-pose-with-the-award-the-viva-comet-2011-awards-at-on-picture-id114872336?s=594x594

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-18 05:33:01)

Larssen
+99|1903
If you can't appreciate that ppl pleaser you suck. It's hilarious

As far as rap goes, yeh I do think mos def, kendrick and many others like a tribe called quest, mobb deep etc made fantastic music.

If you see BLM protests blasting 'alright' as an anthem plus kendrick winning a pulitzer and all accolades possible, but deny his cultural relevance .. it's not me who's wrong here

Last edited by Larssen (2020-12-18 05:39:00)

uziq
+492|3468
bob dylan won a nobel prize for literature. he's a great songwriter but i don't see the nobel was relevant or means anything. i don't put too much stock in prizes, that's a bit of a fool's sport.

'people pleaser'. well there's people and there's people. you belong to a normie tribe who evidently loves dancing to novelty songs and thinking you're terribly au fait. probably queuing at a bar in some suburb of brussels to buy your third pint of peroni or something. definitely wearing stone-washed jeans. possibly moccasins or boating shoes. 'haha, ja, this song is ZO funny!'
Larssen
+99|1903
On a more srs note as far as DJs go I really like ben böhmer, here's a set of his:

I'm also a sucker for tiesto still, his new stuff too even though people call him a 'sellout' for it. He's fantastic at festivals.

Here's some of that newer stuff that gets ragged on but goddam does it go hard

Last edited by Larssen (2020-12-18 05:52:13)

Larssen
+99|1903

uziq wrote:

bob dylan won a nobel prize for literature. he's a great songwriter but i don't see the nobel was relevant or means anything. i don't put too much stock in prizes, that's a bit of a fool's sport.
On the surface this would be a true statement, but like in the case of Bob Dylan the prizes came as both artists produced songs that impacted society like meteors. Dylan was hugely influential too
uziq
+492|3468
influential on music, yes, not literature.
Larssen
+99|1903
I don't see what's wrong with being a white european guy who listens to thoughtful american rap though. At the very least it does lift the veil into the experience of a people on the other end of the atlantic. Would you rather I was ignorant of it and restricted myself to Bach and the black keys?

It's not like I'm some wigger type who adopts hiphop as an identity.
uziq
+492|3468
it's just a trope. woke white people talking up about 'conscious hip-hop' is a huge cliche. and you were espousing really the most platitudinous stuff about kendrick lamar. cringe.
Larssen
+99|1903
At least he has a message unlike ur trash that sounds like a slinky was used as a musical instrument
uziq
+492|3468
i listen to lots of music with 'messages', thanks. just i'm not impressed by the 'barack obama is a good writer actually' level of thinking that you operate on.
Larssen
+99|1903
going by ur sappy texts you aint the best yourself!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3735

Larssen wrote:

I don't see what's wrong with being a white european guy who listens to thoughtful american rap though. At the very least it does lift the veil into the experience of a people on the other end of the atlantic. Would you rather I was ignorant of it and restricted myself to Bach and the black keys?

It's not like I'm some wigger type who adopts hiphop as an identity.
What goes on in hip hop isn't representative of the totality of the black American experience. I mention this whenever people cite the Wire. I can imagine how mortified a lot of black people would be to know that it is mainstream among white liberals to assume all blacks live in a Hobbesian warzone.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3468

Larssen wrote:

going by ur sappy texts you aint the best yourself!
why would i write in prolix king's english to a korean person, you idiot? i work as a fucking editor for a publishing house. i have a top-honours degree and a masters with distinction in literature, completed on a full-pass scholarship. i can compose a sentence of florid and purple prose, moron.

what's it like being the square root of normalcy? imagine thinking that bob dylan is the most relevant, interesting, worthy writer in literature today, and one worthy of a nobel prize. imagine hating 'bleepy bloopy computer music' and thinking dj tiesto 'goes hard'. imagine guffawing at dumb, dopey comedy dance songs and thinking it's just 'awsm' cause you get the joke.

i honestly, sincerely mean it when i say that you are the most normal person i have ever met. even your anecdotes are piss. 'i met a guy when travelling and we had a bromance'. jesus christ. did your parents split you from a plank of wood in order to beget you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3735
Bromance shouldn't be a thing or even a word. Just like "hanging with the boys" and "guys only zone".
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3468
i know, about as juvenile and 'boy's school' as listening to tiesto and being larssen.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6700|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Bromance shouldn't be a thing or even a word. Just like "hanging with the boys" and "guys only zone".
It all sounds pretty awful.

They might as well all just JO with their bros.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard