uziq
+492|3510
imagine dragging a conversation out for 3 pages in which you can't tell the difference between hardware and software, dj and producer ... and in which the latter half of your posts consists of just linking video content from 4chan or whatever. amazing.

'i don't care about this topic but i am going to spend 5 posts linking teenage tiktok videos so that it seems i have had the last word. i definitely don't care about it though, nope.'

i guess when you don't actually have a basic grasp of the topic in which you've intervened, 'lel' videos are a good cover and a way of humorously 'saving face'.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-08 02:23:38)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6164|eXtreme to the maX
Ok, thats it, I'm kicking your asses.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Larssen
+99|1946

uziq wrote:

unlucky for u, bitch, i'm taking my honeymoon in croatia and after i tie to the knot to my beauitiful big lipped bounteous wife, i'm coming to zeebrugge to kick your a ss
Try me motherfucker im not some fatass like jay, I'll deck u and your fish lips girlfriend
uziq
+492|3510
Larssen
+99|1946
another accurate representation of uziq in the spirit of this thread

Last edited by Larssen (2020-12-08 02:33:07)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Guys, I'm kicking both your asses, at the same time if you like.
I'll pick up one of you and use you to beat the other.
Just agree on a location where you both want to die.
uziq
+492|3510

Larssen wrote:

another accurate representation of uziq in the spirit of this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMw … benDangoor
wow! linking this song in 2020! it's great to know just what level of culture you are at.

'all DJs use software that's a fact'.
'lel it sounds like fruityloops. btw what is a drum machine anyway?'
'hehehehe hipster! i bet he goes to SHOREDITCH'
Larssen
+99|1946

Dilbert_X wrote:

Guys, I'm kicking both your asses, at the same time if you like.
I'll pick up one of you and use you to beat the other.
Just agree on a location where you both want to die.
uziq is a venomous twig and you are like 60 years old, both obsessive compulsive autists. All I have to do is say something about fruityloops and white genocide and walk away
uziq
+492|3510
you look very silly in this thread larssen. maybe just self-edit one of those self-congratulatory paragraphs you're so good at, next time?

i can link you to some basic videos about the 909 and fruityloops if you like. it should clear up many confusions you have.
Larssen
+99|1946
Your appetite for spiteful argument is incredible, seek help
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

All I have to do is say something about fruityloops and white genocide and walk away
Why don't you try it and see what happens.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6830|PNW

Larssen wrote:

You being the sole picked upon party here is honestly fake news. I think I've been pretty reasonable in the last few pages, but got lumped in with your brain damage quip anyway. All you really have to do is acknowledge that the sounds are different etc. (or just disengage for real), but like with the Chernobyl argument it's now a matter of pride for you.

I wouldn't take Dilbert's threat lightly. He may not show up on your doorstep to beat you up like Jay, but he will certainly be flatulent company.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Nonsense, I would swing Jay around to whack these dudes with.

(I wonder if Jay is tickled that half the posts here are still about him)
uziq
+492|3510

Larssen wrote:

spiteful argument? you pontificate and i tell you, factually, that what you're saying is nonsense.

you're so egotistical, and like to imagine that you 'get' music to such a degree, when clearly your knowledge isn't even rudimentary, that you then drag it out for 3 pages and start calling everyone 'insecure', 'mentally ill', 'obsessive autists'. no, larssen, knowing that DJ's don't use software and knowing the difference between hardware and software is not 'autistic'.

you are incapable of simply admitting that you don't know what you're talking about. it's a very unattractive trait. no doubt one that is cultivated by the consultancy class. talk about my needing help and my personality traits! you like the sound of you own voice, giving out criticism and making assertions, whilst you are the cultural equivalent of plankton.
uziq
+492|3510

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nonsense, I would swing Jay around to whack these dudes with.

(I wonder if Jay is tickled that half the posts here are still about him)
considering this forum has averaged 4 daily users for about 3 years now, it's hardly surprising that one of the most recent exiles is still talked about a lot. nevermind his corpulence, he's left a fairly big space in the 'discussion'.

remember when people used to talk about me constantly when this board had 100s of active members a day? now there's fame and infamy, lad.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

remember when people used to talk about me constantly
No
uziq
+492|3510
i distinctly recall leaving this board for 6 months at a time or so and coming back, and in my 'return post', finding posts to quote and remarks to cite (a lot of them by you, who has been, after all, my most consistent and ardent fan).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6830|PNW

I would imagine Jay is probably still privately nursing a grudge against inflated slights. Anyway fairly memorable tantrums there. Quotable quotes like "I would sacrifice you all so my kids could attend kindergarten" probably not tongue-in-cheek at all. Kind of an explosive exit by bf2s standards these days.
uziq
+492|3510
i mean, me and larssen tussling are just two bored young men with too much spare time. jay was a father of 3 telling strangers on the internet he wanted to beat them up/wanted to sacrifice them for covid. that's just plain funny.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6830|PNW

The stuff of legends.
Larssen
+99|1946

newbie wrote:

You being the sole picked upon party here is honestly fake news. I think I've been pretty reasonable in the last few pages, but got lumped in with your brain damage quip anyway. All you really have to do is acknowledge that the sounds are different etc. (or just disengage for real), but like with the Chernobyl argument it's now a matter of pride for you.

I wouldn't take Dilbert's threat lightly. He may not show up on your doorstep to beat you up like Jay, but he will certainly be flatulent company.
I find it curious you would ask me to 'disengage' or admit some fault when in doing so you're covering for a person who has in his many many years in this place never done either of these things. He will rage, wildly insult, make overly dramatic assertions and in the best case just not post again if called on BS, or zoom in and drive on the one perceived sticking point he can push. I don't care to play nice with others who are mostly incapable of that, and your interjections here to back him up won't help much. All it's telling me is that it's either enabled behaviour or he's really like some meme frog who can't help himself who others are 'supposed' to accomodate.

I haven't engaged his arguments in over 2 pages and opted to humour myself and hopefully others with some obvious jokes instead. On the other hand he'll keep writing essays on electro production littered with overt insults and insist that I'm 'sad' and 'look silly'. He can't help but try and drag the discussion back to areas of his personal interest to hammer the argument - not to just simply make a point, but predictably because he takes tremendous glee in shaming others or to in his mind make someone else look like a fool, an idiot, etc. That's all it really is.

'But you could've just said nicely you didn't like it! You'll argue again. See what happens here:

uziq wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm sure I don't get it because I've always sat through the songs posted and am somehow not in the proper mindset to listen to them. I don't doubt there's things going on I am unaware of and not appreciating, but it always seems to me I wait for it the song to "start" all the way through the end.
imagine not being familiar with an electronic track in 2020. ‘where’s the chorus? lol this isn’t a song!’

do you have a KISS tattoo or something?

music based on loops and repetition/permutation has been mainstream since the 1980s. ffs. ‘when does the song start’. 

the criticism you guys come up with is honestly just funny. you’re like kids who have to put their hands over their ears when they hear expletives on the radio because they were raised amish or something. WoAH this one is just WeIrD NoIseS!
Such a measured calm demeanor, such openness to discussion, so much tact. Now I know most of you don't have professions that require a lot of people interaction, probably for obvious reasons, but if anyone were to talk to others in daily life as uzique routinely writes you'd be involved in shouting matches or fistfights day in day out.

The very reason I was harsh from the getgo was precisely to put a finger on this behaviour as well - how would he react if someone else were as dismissive and insulting to him as he is to others? Well here's an answer. The man is completely oblivious to his own severe shortcomings and will only receive it as a challenge to double down, even worse than usual.

In the end I'd like to underline I'm not at all affected by any of this and do find some entertainment in these sorts of exchanges during a dreary pandemic winter. 'But u r still posting tho so u must care!!' - truly, no.

@dilbert - I'm not posting any real personal info here, if it helps mentally picturing you 'kicking my ass' gl hf. You're all pretty funny.

Ps: I still think the music is shit, fite me nerd

Last edited by Larssen (2020-12-08 05:26:47)

uziq
+492|3510
why do you think i have a problem telling people in real-life that music based on repetition is a thing and that their critiques are silly?

you do know it's my job to present criticism and faults to people's work, day in, day out, right?

are you telling an editor about tact? ha ha. part of my job is long phonecalls with often very egotistical people telling them why their darling baby needs a haircut.

'i don't care about this and yet i want to win the argument'. a strange form of protestation as old as forums itself.

you're accusing me of 'hammering home' on the same points. er, what? i'm talking about music in a music discussion thread. your criticisms of the music were inane and expressed only your own ignorance. you can't call someone's work amateur fruity loops bleeps when it sounds immediately, identifiably, like hardware and not fruity loops. that's just you being dumb. of course i'm circling back to it. should we be discussing your meme frogs instead?

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-08 05:36:15)

uziq
+492|3510
also, instead of being defensive and sucking each other off via karma, why don’t you actually approach new music with an open mind and a similar ‘tact’? why is it just enough for you two to say ‘repetition, boring!’ or ‘bleep bloop, sucks!’ and that’s that? maybe you could learn a few things about, er, music in the last century? because a lot of it is characterised by repetition and electronic instruments.

hence why my reply said that your critiques were just prima facie funny. saying that loops or synths are boring, cheap, bloopy etc sounds like a reaction from the 1970s. we are embedded in these sounds every day. why am i the one at fault for defending the underpinnings of this music? shouldn’t you, erm, try and stop being such a normie? i mean you can’t truly be happy with yourself. going on internet forums in 2020 as a white belgian guy and stanning for kendrick lamar. talking clumsily about ‘beat producers’ and ‘flstudio’ as if you actually even know what those things entail. eeesh.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-08 06:00:37)

Larssen
+99|1946
I'll stan for stromae if that makes you feel better?

I already told you if you need to think of your music as hidden van goghs and moby dicks you do you man.
uziq
+492|3510
but i don’t? it’s not underground or esoteric at all? these are established genres with 30, 40 year histories? rather the opposite of an avant-garde, no?

the fact you think of electro as ‘hidden van goghs’ again just shows how clueless you are. none of this is cutting edge ultra experimental stuff, larssen. it’s mainstream club music. it was chart topping music in 1987.

the irony cannot be lost on you that when a drake or a kendrick or even a stromae picks up on these styles, you think it’s pioneering genre-defying brilliance. maybe you’re just ignorant?

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-08 06:07:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard