+382|4251
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
I liked Sparta more than ATDI

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-01 17:33:40)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6494

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
sparta are good too, yeah, but really at the drive-in are the best. so much energy and youth and so many influences in one big vortex. every member was really firing on all cylinders in the ATDI days. now, sparta vs. the mars volta... there's an argument to be had. both are lesser (and more niche, in a way) than ATDI, imo. sparta appeals to a sort of 'my other favourite bands are cursive and thrice' types, and the mars volta suited all the prog-rock noodle-solo wankers. ATDI was just raw. i really like ATDI. i'd say they're one of my favourite bands of all time. relationship of command is definitely one of 'those' albums - not a weak song on there.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
i remember seeing the video for that, directed by chris cunningham - one of the major 'out there' video artists of the 90's/00's - on MTV, at like 2 in the morning, when i was about 14. it's fucking terrifying. nothing sounded like that EP when it was first released. right in that vein of inimitable aphex twin. everyone else just scratches their head, really.

another memorable aphex vid

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-01 17:39:52)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
prolly one of the best music videos of all time

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

sparta are good too, yeah, but really at the drive-in are the best. so much energy and youth and so many influences in one big vortex. every member was really firing on all cylinders in the ATDI days. now, sparta vs. the mars volta... there's an argument to be had. both are lesser (and more niche, in a way) than ATDI, imo. sparta appeals to a sort of 'my other favourite bands are cursive and thrice' types, and the mars volta suited all the prog-rock noodle-solo wankers. ATDI was just raw. i really like ATDI. i'd say they're one of my favourite bands of all time. relationship of command is definitely one of 'those' albums - not a weak song on there.
They got back together you know...

Really was my favorite song on the album

I can't find a good version, but if you like ATDI, try these two:

same era
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
ya i know they got back together. i saw them live less than a year ago. relationship of command tour, brixton. played 'em all. omar didn't really want to be there, though. you can tell he's too serious and edgy about his jazz-freestyle-prog-fusion shit now. playing those old teenage post-punk songs really wasn't his thing. a great show nonetheless. my favourite song on that LP is probably catacombs.

they won't be playing together or releasing anymore music as ATDI ever again, btw. it was just a one-off thing.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-01 17:55:16)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
oneiric

just so fucking great

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-01 18:03:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

For the Aussies!
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-01 18:41:09)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
While we're at it, let's give out some more Aussie love

God, Silverchair sucked and no one even knew at the time!

Seether is better.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
i find aussie rock pretty cringe-worthy. it's like english pub rock with tans and long hair.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i find aussie rock pretty cringe-worthy. it's like english pub rock with tans and long hair.
Criticises Australian music - based on what the band members are wearing.

Good one.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251

AussieReaper wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Criticises Australian music - based on what the band members are wearing.

Good one.
"english pub rock" is a musical genre, you dolt. that's a description of a musical style. i mention their appearance because it's the only thing that's different. jesus christ what is it with almost all of your 'argument' replies in this forum lately being so shit? go fail some more in the movie thread too
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
prove to me with musical links that shit australia/nz puts out isn't a victim of this weird 2-3 year cultural time-lag.

almost all of your bands seem to be repackaged aussie-lite versions of musical trends that broke sooner and bigger elsewhere before.

prove me wrong.
go.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i mention their appearance because it's the only thing that's different.
https://i.imgur.com/v0nkqKa.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard