RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6744|Oxferd Ohire
k
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
it's cool rik in 5 years you'll move on from london liquid dnb circa 2006 and join the hip boiler room crowd too

you'll maybe even hear of this new thing they have called trap music!!!!
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Starting @ 7:20 in this video. The only redeeming part of Beyonce's superbowl lip sync/booty shaking performance was seeing Destiny's Child.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
why has the entire world become obsessed especially with beyonce in the last few months? she's quite dull
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6666|BC, Canada
Can't stand her, too much girl power lyrics. She spouts girl power as much as DMX used to bark.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-02-08 17:08:53)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
snooty column in the guardian last week, since beyonce is the media darling of the month, criticizing her 'girl power' rhetoric and the decision to tour under the name/branding 'mrs. carter'. tres patriarchal, bee.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5185|Sydney
I don't think I know enough Beyonce songs to count on one hand.

Bit of a blast from the past, I remember jamming on this with mates when I was 16.

Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

why has the entire world become obsessed especially with beyonce in the last few months? she's quite dull
Superbowl performance man. I agree she's overrated.

Destiny's child from the late 90s - early 00s was great contemporary R&B though.

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-02-08 20:45:31)

Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

it's cool rik in 5 years you'll move on from london liquid dnb circa 2006 and join the hip boiler room crowd too

you'll maybe even hear of this new thing they have called trap music!!!!
>Trap Music
>New

lol Trap music is southern hip hop shit from 2004-2006 lmao. Why are random hipsters obsessed with the genre now?

lol I remember when this trap shit was popular on the radio

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-02-08 20:45:40)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
i dunno man, i hate it, and have never listened to it. it is the new fad after dubstep though, for the sort of people who are so inclined to follow those fads. though to your "i remember from years ago" comment, i'll have to reply with a rthki "k", cause no one can ever be into music for longer than someone else and not be contrived in the process!!!!1

K
Roc18
`
Looks like the Harlem Shake Trap crap is a "thing" now. Hopefully it dies off in week.
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261

Jaekus wrote:

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
have the 3xLP sat next to my computer chair at all times for quick listening. 180gram vinyl. one of the more beloved parts of my record collection. shame the vinyl edition misses 'stone in focus'. arguably one of the best electronic songs ever created, imo. still, not a bad six-sides of music!

Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
Nice one. I plan to start collecting vinyl once I'm moved and settled in as I've had a player that has barely seen any use (just have no where to set it up; new place I can). So I've instead just got everything I can own as FLAC. I like this album over Selected Ambient Works 85-92, which I find can be a bit up-tempo at times for the purposes of being 'ambient'.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
85-92 is more like ambient techno. of which it is probably one of the best albums of all time.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5466|Yeah, there :)
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
dilbert's karma - hahahaha, shows how much you know. electronic music has moved on a long way from tangerine dream, dilderp.

fyi aphex twin's selected ambient works albums are widely considered - by critics and fans alike - to be hallmark electronic albums.

http://www.listology.com/darktremor/lis … c-all-time

you can bring up almost any 'best of ___' ambient-type lists and aphex twin will be one of the most constant references.

good try though. trolling me at my own genre forte. what do you listen to in your mom's basement, anyway? don't the bass tones make them angry?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-11 09:06:08)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6744|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6518|Gold Coast
Heard of Flume while drunk in a friends car. Needless to say, when I sobered up and got home I immediately started downloading. Its quite different to the usual stuff I listen to.

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

dilbert's karma - hahahaha, shows how much you know. electronic music has moved on a long way from tangerine dream, dilderp.

fyi aphex twin's selected ambient works albums are widely considered - by critics and fans alike - to be hallmark electronic albums.

http://www.listology.com/darktremor/lis … c-all-time

you can bring up almost any 'best of ___' ambient-type lists and aphex twin will be one of the most constant references.

good try though. trolling me at my own genre forte. what do you listen to in your mom's basement, anyway? don't the bass tones make them angry?
Not sure whats great about it, its 10 minutes of three--note ambient drone. Nothing ground-breaking or meritorious.

I get that if critics say something you buy into the groupthink, but whats so great about it, really?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
lol so because i concur with critical opinion, i am participating in "groupthink"? dilbert i have listened to ambient and experimental music extensively since i was old enough to even know what an individual preference or taste was. 10,000+ hours of listening under my belt, easily. at least 2,000 different artists of that broad genre category. 250,000+ tracks. but my own formulated opinion is just sheep-herd "groupthink"? lol you come up with some retarded stuff.

yes, the stone in focus track is simple. it's ambient. what do you want? an instrumental monody? virtuosic solo riffs? epic arpeggiating synthesizers? IT'S AMBIENT MUSIC. the whole grace and perfection of it is that it is incredibly (and deceivingly) simple, on the surface. but, aesthetically, it just forms something so mesmerizing. yes, it is basically 'ambient drone', as your karma inveighed, but that's not a negative as you were trying to paint it. drone is a subtle genre; it's the little things that make all the difference. when you've listened to a lot, you fine-tune enough to know what is on the 'great' level and what is merely meh, background noise. stone in focus is a great track. it is basically 3 slow-released notes played in a loop for 10 minutes, yes. but those simple 3 notes - or more like 3 frequencies - provoke a great emotion. more so for me than a vivaldi or a rossini, with what adorno called their "dissociation into monodies". i don't know what you are trying to imply with your "nothing groundbreaking" critique, either: does that mean only the extreme avant-garde fringes of music merit attention in the "greatest electronic music of all time" canon? because, if it must be groundbreaking... i take it you're a big fan of merzbow? ELEH? keith fullerton whitman? these are electronic artists all doing 'groundbreaking' work, technically and musically... but, hmm, something would lead me to believe that you'd absolutely recoil in horror when hearing their alien, avant-garde electronic compositions. funny that. i guess your top composers of the century are schoenberg, mahler, stravinsky, boulez? seeing as it has to be groundbreaking to be worth a mention nowadays, and all. many people bring up this "it's nothing ground-breaking" line in art, even though they are horrified by avant-garde fringe music-- precisely that which is groundbreaking. derp.

anyway, like this track... very subtle in structure, and quite simplistic in musical terms. but... what a fucking incredible piece of music.

if the genre does nothing for you, fair enough, but don't sleight it on stupid grounds of musicality. and you'd do a lot better than to resort to puerile 'groupthink' accusations towards me (how cliche and boring are the orwellian references btw; jesus what a dearth of imagination you suffer, along with half the internet who are still hung up on 1984, probably as the only literary work they've ever read). i've spent as long listening to this genre of music as you have looking at pictures of middle-aged asian women at comic conventions. let's not accuse one of being an idle crowd-follower. we all know that's your special shit, your inimitable jam, baby, and nobody will try and take that away from you, derps.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-12 06:56:50)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6298|Washington St.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i have listened to ambient and experimental music extensively since i was old enough to even know what an individual preference or taste was. 10,000+ hours of listening under my belt, easily. at least 2,000 different artists of that broad genre category. 250,000+ tracks
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4261
so what?. just putting it plainly and concisely. hardly bragging. if you're going to pointlessly accuse someone of 'groupthink' for liking a - shock! horror! - popular album/artist... you're going to have to answer for your stupidity. it's funny because dilbert will call me a hipster til the cows come home... but then as soon as i like something popular/widely acknowledged, i'm just a sheep following 'groupthink'. same goes for you: you'll harp on any comment you can, pointlessly, because you're a futile-minded cunt with nothing substantive to say. come at my musical taste, bro. i know more than you. your life is shit. etc.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-12 08:31:26)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6298|Washington St.
to be honest I'm happy you used quantitative amounts and have proof of them instead of your usual, "I know more than you about a subject because I said so."

I just thought it was funny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard