globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Roc18 wrote:

PLEASE GET THIS FUCKING SONG OUT OF MY HEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg
Lol!
1990s' Euro Dance at its best!
I used to get my mind brainwashed from watching stuff like that on heavy rotation on music TV.

Here, listen to this then:
The second line up Captain Jack, Franky Gee, who was an actual US G.I. and died in 2005 from a cerebral hemorrhage. RIP.

Or how about the current line up?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6287|Washington St.
the king's back

Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

globefish23 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

PLEASE GET THIS FUCKING SONG OUT OF MY HEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg
Lol!
1990s' Euro Dance at its best!
I used to get my mind brainwashed from watching stuff like that on heavy rotation on music TV.

Here, listen to this then:
The second line up Captain Jack, Franky Gee, who was an actual US G.I. and died in 2005 from a cerebral hemorrhage. RIP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkYKJHVelA

Or how about the current line up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbU5Kaw-hyU
Yeah I listened to the entire 1st album because of how stuck this song was in my head. I think they're a one hit wonder unfortunately.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

it's so good. it absolutely satisfies those asking for old Taylor. it's just...her. completely and utterly Taylor Allison Swift. <3
i love it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Watch in 1080p and crank up the volume!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6287|Washington St.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

Easy to forget amongst the other crap that Prince does that he is actually a ridiculously kick-ass guitarist.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Brasso
+1,549|6627

ignore the MV
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
that is fucking terrible. i could list about 100 things wrong with the new album, but it would be a pointless waste of time. muse are a joke.

& what the fuck are you talking about, ty? "amongst the crap prince does"? prince is basically a musical genius.
what does Prince do in his spare time? good question. I bet he does a lil yoga.  wiki sez

Over the years Prince has been romantically linked with many celebrities, including Kim Basinger, Madonna, Vanity, Sheila E., Carmen Electra, Susanna Hoffs, Anna Fantastic,[14] Sherilyn Fenn,[115] and Susan Moonsie of Vanity 6 and Apollonia 6.[17]

Prince was engaged to Susannah Melvoin in 1985.[116]
his wiki is loaded. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_(musician)

He married his backup singer and dancer, Mayte Garcia, on Valentine's Day, 1996. They had a son, Boy Gregory (born October 16, 1996), who was born with Pfeiffer syndrome and died a week after birth.[117] Prince and Mayte divorced in 1999. In 2001, Prince married Manuela Testolini in a private ceremony. Testolini filed for divorce in May 2006.[118] He has been in a relationship with protégée Bria Valente since 2007.[100]

Prince became a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses in 2001 following a two-year-long debate with friend and fellow Jehovah's Witness, musician Larry Graham. Prince said he didn't consider it a conversion, but a "realization"; "It's like Morpheus and Neo in The Matrix", he explained. He attends meetings at a local Kingdom Hall and occasionally knocks on people's doors to discuss his faith.[119] Prince has reportedly needed double-hip-replacement surgery since 2005 but won't undergo the operation unless it is a bloodless surgery because Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept blood transfusions.[120] The condition is rumored to be aggravated by repeated onstage dancing in high-heeled boots.[121] However, when Prince was interviewed in 2010, journalist Peter Willis said he believed the rumors of Prince needing double hip surgery to be unfounded and untrue as Prince appeared to be agile.[100]

Prince is a vegetarian. In 2006 he was voted the "world's sexiest vegetarian" in PETA's annual online poll.[122] The liner notes for his album Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic featured a message about the cruelty involved in wool production.[123]

Since 2008, Prince has been managed by UK based Kiran Sharma owner of Kikit Entertainment. [124]

Prince is a supporter of the Minneapolis football team Minnesota Vikings.[93] He resides near Minneapolis, Minnesota and is considering buying a home in France.[125]

In June 2011, Prince was quoted in The Guardian as saying "It's fun being in Islamic countries, to know there's only one religion. There's order. You wear a burqa. There's no choice. People are happy with that."[126]
Brasso
+1,549|6627

aynrandroolz wrote:

that is fucking terrible. i could list about 100 things wrong with the new album, but it would be a pointless waste of time. muse are a joke.
lol
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6385

aynrandroolz wrote:

but it would be a pointless waste of time
that's never stopped you before
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6627

ya give us an essay plzzzzz
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251

Brasso wrote:

do you know what an essay is? i guess at your kiddy-fiddling yokel school a 500 word post is an 'essay'.

and ya have fun listening to your kitschy neo-classical rock-cheese band.

muse are sick!!!!! can't believe they made an album based on the 2nd law of thermodynamics! that's so deep!

LOVE the dubstep songs. nothing says entropy like WOM WOM WOM WOM

mind you, you personally form a venn diagram bridging the fanbases of muse and taylor swift. watch out, we got a musical genius over here!

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-09-27 11:21:49)

Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

aynrandroolz wrote:

Brasso wrote:

do you know what an essay is? i guess at your kiddy-fiddling yokel school a 500 word post is an 'essay'.

muse are sick!!!!! can't believe they made an album based on the 2nd law of thermodynamics! that's so deep!

mind you, you personally form a venn diagram bridging the fanbases of muse and taylor swift. watch out, we got a musical genius over here!
https://i47.tinypic.com/2utksx3.jpg

Dubstep sucks though. That "dubstep sound" Sounds like a robot taking a shit.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6385
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/Gifs%20and%20Forums/sh_tbricks_bender.gif
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

[Prince] married his backup singer and dancer, Mayte Garcia, on Valentine's Day, 1996. They had a son, Boy Gregory
LOL!
I read Boy George there.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

aynrandroolz wrote:

Brasso wrote:

more plz, i count one reason
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6771|Noizyland

aynrandroolz wrote:

& what the fuck are you talking about, ty? "amongst the crap prince does"? prince is basically a musical genius.
Please tell us why your subjective opinion is any better than anyone else's.

Prince is a musical genius, I've just never liked the synthesiser-pop music he's mostly recognised for. Does that suffice?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
One of my favorite metal bands just put out a new album. It's lovely.

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251

Ty wrote:

aynrandroolz wrote:

Please tell us why your subjective opinion is any better than anyone else's.

Prince is a musical genius, I've just never liked the synthesiser-pop music he's mostly recognised for. Does that suffice?
"it's all subjective!" cry the intellectually comatose and aesthetically moribund. yes, let's all give way to the big black morass of taste that is the 'everything is subjective' opinion. no, everything is not subjective. some things in art are objectively good and objectively bad. if i played smoke on the water on a poorly tuned guitar just after breaking every single one of my digits, and played it through an amplifier that was blown out and overdriven to 11... it would be objectively bad. whether or not you like the works of mozart or not, his composition is objectively good. standards exist.

muse's latest album is a terrible pastiche of kitschy neo-classical tropes (stadium "epicness"), overdone to the point of it being either ironically cheesy or just non-ironically overwhelming, and terrible record-label pressured electronic 'crossover' songs, like their terrible attempt at cashing in on "that dubstep dime" with a few half-hearted nods to a new popular genre that mixes with their music about as well as cum mixes with souffle. it's an album made by a band that have a record label deal that allows them to indulge in what-the-fuck ever, and a (by now) loyal enough core fanbase to eat whatever shit up they do. the album is terribly conceited (look at the title, and the song names... wow), and only escapes being called 'pretentious' because it is so so embarrassingly bad, and deals with its 'high science' themes in such a hamfisted and dumbfounding way, that it doesn't even qualify for the anti-intellectual sentiments denoted by the word 'pretentious' when deployed as a pejorative. again, the conceit is there to only impress muse's already-devout fans (read: 14 year olds who think shit like entropy is awesome, even though they barely understand secondary school physics).

not to mention half the songs on the new album sound like very very bad queen covers. the queen tropes (the ostinato of "mama!" throughout one of the songs is particularly grating), shows matt bellamy reaching for a level of front-man virtuosity that he, alas, does not possess. a decent nu-metal guitarist he is, indeed, but freddie-fucking-mercury?!? it is utterly grandiose and utterly, utterly delusional. the slow songs on the album that attempt to 'slow it down' and bring in some 'funk' to their sound, like the sleek and sexy queen songs that so clearly inspired it... are just cheesy mulch fests. they are painful to listen to.

this is objectively bad. they are attempting many styles, a complete harlequin hodgepodge, and not doing any of them particularly well. muse nailed the stadium/anthemic post-nu-metal-whatever thing. they were good at it. wasn't my cup of tea, but they had a big fanbase and they had a sound that worked really well for them. this latest album is contrived bullshit, set up with the concept of a prog rock record but without any of the finesse in execution that a traditional prog rock record has. it's a prog-rock concept pinned to an album full of terrible, faddy songs. queen impersonations and dubstep robot-orgies exist cheek by jowl in this bewildering mess. it is a testament to the archetypal rockstar's neverending hubris. it's the sort of record a band that have been on the road for nearly 10 years put out, after being surrounded by 'yes men', groupies, and mountains of cocaine. it's a record made by a band that have lost all perspective. it's a record made by a band that are clearly feeling anxious about still being 'relevant', cf. terrible EDM crossover songs.

it is objectively bad. do not pull this primary-school "everything is subjective and cannot be judged by anyone outside of my head!!!!" line. it is the art/aesthetics equivalent of a fundamentalist christian pulling the "prove god doesn't exist!" line. it is logically and rhetorically bankrupt. furthermore nobody in art, aesthetics, music criticism, philosophy, or any sort of serious cultural industry will take the "everything is subjective" line seriously. your own opinion and take on something is subjective. the art itself exists in a public, shared, quasi-objective domain. the muse album is wank.

sorry dickweeds.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2012-09-27 16:38:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard