Djbrown
+129|6497|Adelaide, Aussieland
After someone told me that they think they can fly better with their mouse & keyboard then me with a joystick, i just couldnt help myself and made a short movie with 4 jet stunt combos id like to see someone with a mouse and keyboard pull off. These are not your average jet stunts.

enjoy!

_lecro_
Banned
+4|6482
I fly with a mouse an keyboard with very high sensitivity an nothing in that video is hard to do.. in fact i would hardly call them stunts
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6487|UK
joystick > mouse
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6650

_lecro_ wrote:

I fly with a mouse an keyboard with very high sensitivity an nothing in that video is hard to do.. in fact i would hardly call them stunts
yeah. the first one is the only one i couldnt do with mouse and keyboard
Djbrown

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

_lecro_ wrote:

yeah. the first one is the only one i couldnt do with mouse and keyboard
The very first bridge i pass under is about 1/2 as high as the next one, try going through that one yourself without getting hurt at all then tell me its easy.
instakill
+3|6625|Canberra ACT
They seemed pretty damn average to me
Djbrown
Lol this is so weird.

my first stunt video got me like +30 karma in total, and id say these stunts were at least 3 times harder than anything i did in my old video :S

So what is it? do people find going through one gap for 0.1 seconds more entertaining than doing 3 or more in quick succession?

i dont get it. im not after karma here but i thought they were much harder to do than my other video which got much better reviews http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42882

oh well

Last edited by Djbrown (2006-10-29 04:18:12)

instakill
+3|6625|Canberra ACT
Maybe they were better than your other video.... but im still not impressed
mark
+5|6406
lol they arn't that hard i suck at flying and i cna do a few of them btw i got a keyboard and mouse
Tas3674
+8|6441|Tasmania, Australia

Djbrown wrote:

Lol this is so weird.

my first stunt video got me like +30 karma in total, and id say these stunts were at least 3 times harder than anything i did in my old video :S

So what is it? do people find going through one gap for 0.1 seconds more entertaining than doing 3 or more in quick succession?

i dont get it. im not after karma here but i thought they were much harder to do than my other video which got much better reviews http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42882

oh well
They may of been harder but... you first vid looked more impressive, more existing, better music, better angles and views (it looks a lot more impressive in third person) and you did cools stunt like were you bombed your self. (also some people probably don't like the fact that you say joystick is so much better then mouse and keyboard) all in all it was still a good vid so +1
SteikeTa
+153|6749|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I fly with a keyboard and mouse. Using a joystick will probably be A LOT better. Easier to turn harder or faster... instead of me sitting and moving my mouse like crazy. I dont have my mouse on high sensitivity though. I cant. Dont want to get used to new settings again.... wont touch my settings now. Since I have perfected them for MY preferences.
Tried to play with a joystick a couple of times. It was hard, and I would need a lot of practise to get used to it, but Im too damn lazy to get the feel of a joystick. Besides.... I am always broke, so cant buy one either!!!

Therefor I use a keyboard/mouse combo. Joystick will always be better...

Last edited by SteikeTa (2006-10-29 05:06:31)

MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6656
1st vid = Nice bit of entertainment
2nd vid = I'm better than you

I too use a joystick and can't fly to save my life with keyboard and mouse.  But the stunts in the first vid really didn't look that tough.  Not to say that I could do them because I haven't tried.  But compared to the first video you did, the second one is weak.  Part of it is the 1st person view, part of it is there's not as many stunts.  But to be honest I just don't understand why someone with a kb/mouse couldn't do what you did.  It doesn't look like sharp banks or tough manouvers...just a matter of lining yourself up and flying through an opening.  My .02.

Regardless, I agree.  Joysticks FTW.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6455|USA
Nice flying.
Djbrown

MastersMom wrote:

1st vid = Nice bit of entertainment
2nd vid = I'm better than you

I too use a joystick and can't fly to save my life with keyboard and mouse.  But the stunts in the first vid really didn't look that tough.  Not to say that I could do them because I haven't tried.  But compared to the first video you did, the second one is weak.  Part of it is the 1st person view, part of it is there's not as many stunts.  But to be honest I just don't understand why someone with a kb/mouse couldn't do what you did.  It doesn't look like sharp banks or tough manouvers...just a matter of lining yourself up and flying through an opening.  My .02.

Regardless, I agree.  Joysticks FTW.
Its kind of a paradox in a way. I know what i did could possibly be done with a keyboard. but the only way that would be possible is by having sensitivity at 8.0 + But try linig up the jets through the first bridge for example, with sensitivity that high.

Also it wasnt a case of im better than you, it was merely to prove a point. I just got really annoyed when someone told that a mouse & keyboard is better for flying and this is the only way i can show them how much more smoother the joystick.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
so.. flying under some pipes, doing a few loop the loops and flying at 90 degrees is a stunt? lol. i can do better with a g5 alone!
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6419|Florida

Djbrown wrote:

Lol this is so weird.

oh well
Nice flying, I can't fly for s**t. +1 for you
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
in battlefield 2, you don´t win medals with stunts. maybe mouse-pilots can aim more precise like joystick-pilots can - maybe you can evade rockets better with a joystick. at least it doesn´t matter what you are using - it is about how you use it.

so this "i am so 1337"-video won´t get you karma...
T4rd
+44|6677|West Point, NY
I love the Perfect Dark music in that vid, nice.  Brings back fond memories.

Last edited by T4rd (2006-10-29 11:53:23)

Sniper85
+4|6449
yeh music was good but all u seemed to do was do barrel rolls and go thru some trees sideways and under some bridges upside down. Nothing new or that impressive
reefl3x
+72|6403|United States
Dude how much RAM do you have?
I lag like heck flying that low to the ground in a jet...its like my system cant process all the textures fast enough.
wilber69
+8|6634
I have a joystick & can't fly like that!
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6652|The Netherlands
mouse pwns
i use mouse 2
o_mighty_one
+0|6386
kool video man
Electonic Komando
+1|6500|War Saw Town
You don't need joystick to play BF2.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
Nice video, but I was doing the through the trees on wake the day the map was released, I think I should copyright it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard