Phantom2828
+51|6520|Land of the free
Ok lets debate gun laws.
--------------------------------------------
My opinion as I am sure you guys know is we need guns.
I will now explain why with various reasons.
----------------------------------------------------
Guns don't kill people people kill people.
Guns are necessary to defend yourself with.
There are MANY more GOOD people out there than bad people.
Guns WILL NOT stop crime. If somebody wants to kill you they WILL kill you, whether its a knife, baseball bat or whatever.
Criminals will ALWAYS get guns no matter what. Look at Canada. Criminals have tons of guns because they simply don't follow the law and never will.
Yet the civilians in Canada are defenseless.
If good people don't have guns they CANNOT protect themselves.
If somebody broke into your house with either an illegal gun or a knife, if you don't have a gun you basically have to fight them toe to toe.
Did you know guns deter crime? Criminals are more afraid to be shot by the home owner than get caught by the police.
Imagine this. Every woman has a nice little gun that they keep with them at all times and criminals know this.
Do you think there would be any more rape?
I know I would not want to mess with a woman pointing a gun at me.
Well that is just some of my arguments.

Debate away.
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad

Phantom2828 wrote:

Imagine this. Every woman has a nice little gun that they keep with them at all times and criminals know this.
No! I would imagine the man would overpower her, steal the gun and shoot her with it. There would be more murder then.

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-10-28 17:43:19)

Phantom2828

MECtallica wrote:

Phantom2828 wrote:

No! I would imagine the man would overpower her, steal the gun and shoot her with it. There would be more murder then.
I don't think so.
All it takes is one bullet to put you down. All the women would have to do is point and pull.
There is almost no way she would get the gun taken.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

Phantom2828 wrote:

Ok lets debate gun laws.
Guns WILL NOT stop crime. If somebody wants to kill you they WILL kill you, whether its a knife, baseball bat or whatever.
Criminals will ALWAYS get guns no matter what. Look at Canada. Criminals have tons of guns because they simply don't follow the law and never will.
If somebody broke into your house with either an illegal gun or a knife, if you don't have a gun you basically have to fight them toe to toe.
Did you know guns deter crime? Criminals are more afraid to be shot by the home owner than get caught by the police.

Debate away.
1. Correct
2. Incorrect, you do not need a gun to defend yourself with, even if the person attacking you has a gun there is no point in having a gun, as soon as you try to draw he will shoot you.
3. Correct
4. Correct
5. Incorrect, only realy bad criminals get guns in countries where they are heavily restricted and due to the fact that im not involved in anything that effects them, ie rival drug dealers i have no need to fear them. Canada has more guns than America.
6. Incorrect, in Canada there isnt as much crime as other places and they have a good police force to protect them.
7. Incorrect, I need no gun to protect myself, reason stated in no.5
8. Correct, however the chance of someone breaking into my home with a gun is incredibly low, im more worried about getting hit by lightning.
9. Incorrect, I believe this statistic is only true in America.
10. Ofcourse, the criminal would walk up to the woman and draw a gun forcing the woman to give up their gun or be shot trying to get it out of their purse.
Gen. Payne
+50|6699|USA
Murders would probably increase drastically. If everyone carried a gun, they may be taken by surprise and be murdered by a criminal who otherwise would've just robbed them. Most police officers shot in the line of duty are shot with their own guns. Easier access to guns would also lead to more accidental shootings as well.

I'm not saying we should do away with guns, but granting easier access would be like giving up the fight against gun violence. We'd be sending our society down a slippery slope
herrr_smity
+156|6620|space command ur anus
guns don't kill people people kill people, maybe but the gun sure helps

Last edited by herrr_smity (2006-10-28 18:22:33)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

herrr_smity wrote:

guns don't kill people people kill people maybe but the gun helps
Or does it?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

Phantom2828 wrote:

Ok lets debate gun laws.

Debate away.
VERY WELL SAID SIR, +1
Finaly someone else on this fucking forum has the common sense to realize that GUN CONTROL DOESN'T WORK!!
It's been shown to fail in countless other countries, and!!! one fact that most people overlook, is gun control and "outlawing guns" in general, is one of the FIRST steps to creating a communist country!!!
Do you know one of the first things Hitler did before he took over half the world? He disarmed all the sensible citizens of his country so that his military would have an easy time taking over and killing them.

I've got your back on this one Phantom.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
I like the current system regarding guns.  They are a necessary evil, and further restrictions on ownership only aids criminals who don't abide by those laws anyway.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
I just wish there was a gun law that let me shoot illegal aliens.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

herrr_smity wrote:

guns don't kill people people kill people, maybe but the gun helps
Your overlooking the point here, killing people is a crime, and i can garentee the crime is less likely to be commited if you think your target is armed. Therefore, less people would try to rob you or kill you, and you would have a country/state is low crime rates.

Look at Texas for example, anyone there can own a gun, and there crime rates? LOW! But you take a place like New York City, where the average person cannot carry a weapon, and they get mugged and shot. Yet the scumbag gangsters still have weapons, BECAUSE THERE CRIMINALS. Fight fire with fire
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
agreed
not really but in some cases they are needed
obviously?
i assume you meant taking away guns will not stop crime? which i also agree with but also handing out guns in massive quantities wont help either.
agreed, criminals will use ILLEGAL ways to get guns, you know... since they're CRIMINALS, but why look at us?
how do you figure we're defenseless? all you need for home protection is a shotgun...
been shot by a taser lately? hmm didnt think so
taser FTW, unless you're sleeping, in which case you're fucked anyway
death or just jail for a bit... hmm which would you be more afraid of? what if you lose the before mentioned confrontation? how many guns did YOU just put on the street?
Imagine this. Every woman has a nice little gun that they keep with them at all times and criminals know this.Do you think there would be any more rape?
Imagine this. woman walking down the street at night, man walking behind her at night slowly getting closer... she panics turns and pulls her gun.      now a few things could happen here, A) she panics and fires B) he has a gun which he pulls and shoots her first C) they shoot each other.    whos to say what he wanted? maybe he wanted to take her into an alley and rape her then cut her throat? maybe his car broke down and he didnt have a cell phone and was going to ask her for help? in an ideal world your idea would work... but this world is far from ideal

i anxiously await more of them

my view on guns is this

fully automatic weapons (includes shotguns smgs and full auto pistols) = with a special permit that strictly controls who gets them and they can be asked to provide them on demand by police at any time with no notice.

semi automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of 10 or under (this includes .22 rimfire and .23 centrefire as well) = a permit that is still monitored and recorded as to what you have in case there is a crime in your are with that type of weapon

bolt action/lever action/single shot rifles = a firearms safety course with a permit to own and transport  firearms

shotguns = same as rifles shown above
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

I do believe in gun control but, "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns".
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

Gen. Payne wrote:

Murders would probably increase drastically. If everyone carried a gun, they may be taken by surprise and be murdered by a criminal who otherwise would've just robbed them. Most police officers shot in the line of duty are shot with their own guns. Easier access to guns would also lead to more accidental shootings as well.

I'm not saying we should do away with guns, but granting easier access would be like giving up the fight against gun violence. We'd be sending our society down a slippery slope
Post 11
herrr_smity

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Your overlooking the point here, killing people is a crime, and i can garentee the crime is less likely to be commited if you think your target is armed. Therefore, less people would try to rob you or kill you, and you would have a country/state is low crime rates.

Look at Texas for example, anyone there can own a gun, and there crime rates? LOW! But you take a place like New York City, where the average person cannot carry a weapon, and they get mugged and shot. Yet the scumbag gangsters still have weapons, BECAUSE THERE CRIMINALS. Fight fire with fire
so you wold have society based on fear, is that better.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

krazed wrote:

bolt action/lever action/single shot rifles = a firearms safety course with a permit to own and transport  firearms

That would absolutly never pass, do you know how many hunters there are in the world? If every hunter had to go through a B.S. coarse and own a permit to use a shotgun, there would be an outrage. There's no way that would work in anyones opinion, whether for or against guns
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

herrr_smity wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

so you wold have society based on fear, is that better.
If its the criminals who are in fear then absolutly!
But look at it the other way, It's ALSO a society based on confidence, confidence coming from the innocent civilian who has a way to protect himself from whats bad.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Let me just intervene here for a second.  While I agree that providing easy legal access to weapons often makes an area safer, let's not commit a logical fallacy here.  More guns do not automatically equal less crime.  Southern Texas (mostly near the Mexican border) has a lot of crime.  That kind of crime isn't resolved by more guns -- other things must take place to solve the issues of that area, if you know what I mean.

Basically, easy legal access to guns makes it easier for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, but it does necessarily prevent an area from being crime-ridden.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

That would absolutly never pass, do you know how many hunters there are in the world? If every hunter had to go through a B.S. coarse and own a permit to use a shotgun, there would be an outrage. There's no way that would work in anyones opinion, whether for or against guns
um, every hunter HERE has to have a permit to use and buy ammunition for their hunting rifles and shotguns, but i suppose thats because we're backwards up here in the north huh?

personaly i would appreciate it if people around me in the woods at least learned how to opperate their weapon  correctly instead of some half brain dead dumbass who picked up a shotgun and a box of shells from the local gunshop and went out shooting at everything he saw

Last edited by krazed (2006-10-28 18:34:30)

Phantom2828
Guns are an equalizer.
Even the smallest of people can kill the biggest and strongest criminal.

Last edited by Phantom2828 (2006-10-28 18:33:55)

herrr_smity

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

i had to have a safty cours to get my gun permit
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6637|Canada

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

Umm... this is already in effect in Canada... so yes it does work.

When I turn 18 I will have to take a firearms safety course, then apply for a license.

Last edited by CaptainMike (2006-10-28 18:35:02)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

krazed wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

um, every hunter HERE has to have a permit to use and buy ammunition for their hunting rifles and shotguns, but i suppose thats because we're backwards up here in the north huh?

personaly i would appreciate it if people around me in the woods at least learned how to opperate their weapon  correctly instead of some half brain dead dumbass who picked up a shotgun and a box of shells from the local gunshop and went out shooting at everything he saw
Ok my mistake, i didn't mean in another country. I was mainly talkin about the US.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Ok my mistake, i didn't mean in another country. I was mainly talkin about the US.
ok so whats the big deal about having to pass a small test before getting a potentialy lethal weapon?
herrr_smity

krazed wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

krazed wrote:

ok so whats the big deal about having to pass a small test before getting a potentialy lethal weapon?
yea look at the driving test

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard