The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6508|Los Angeles
O'Reilly: Do you want the United States to win in Iraq?
Letterman: First of all-
O'Reilly: [interrupting] No, it's an easy question. If you don't want the United States to win in Iraq-
Letterman: [interrupting] It's not easy for me, because I'm thoughtful.

Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
lol
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
It ends at 7:12, is there a part II?

PS. Letterman rules
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6710|New York
Out of the three interviews he did, Rosie(Punpkinhead), And Opra were the Only ones who could formulate an answer to the question. So what does that tell you about Dave?  Cant believe im saying this, but Atleast the other 2 had an answer, I gotta admire atleast that.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-10-28 16:13:21)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6508|Los Angeles

PRiMACORD wrote:

It ends at 7:12, is there a part II?

PS. Letterman rules
You can download the whole thing here
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
Honestly, I wish Letterman had let O'Reilly speak his mind.  I realize that he was probably just imitating O'Reilly's habit of interrupting his guests repeatedly, but Letterman's rebuttals would hold a lot more weight if we actually heard what O'Reilly had to say.

To be honest, I'm surprised O'Reilly even agreed to be on that show.

What little we did hear from O'Reilly was interesting though.  He seems to overlook one very important thing about Iraq.  America supported Saddam at a time when he was terrorizing his own people.  Many of the thousands of murders that O'Reilly referenced were indirectly supported by America's support of Saddam as an ally.

For us to say that we found Saddam's atrocities unforgivable at a time that we were supporting him is hypocritical to say the least.  He'd still be in power and killing thousands if he had decided to remain favorable to our interests.  If he hadn't invaded Kuwait, we wouldn't have done anything about his continued gassing of Kurds.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
He should stick to comedy.

He's a typical left wing media idiot ( letterman ). It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers as something of value.
Phantom2828
+51|6536|Land of the free

ATG wrote:

He's a typical left wing media idiot ( letterman ). It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers as something of value.
lol so true
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
Liberal media action line:
Must . . . destroy . . . Bush.  Still . . . furious . . . about . . . losing . . . 2 . . . elections . . . in . . . a row.  Iraq, IrAQ, IRAQ, IIIIRAAAQ (damn people aren't listening).  Lets try this:  Republican likes boys and resigns (sssssh, we know a Dem actually banged a page, we don't care) . . . *crickets*  Damn, it didn't work.  Ok, back to plan one: Iraq, IrAQ, IRAQ, IIIIRAAAQ.  *Stingray shakes tv*  "I think it's stuck honey! Turn on the radio."
twiistaaa
+87|6676|mexico

ATG wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers as something of value.
because someone's profession is the indicator of right and wrong, right?
ATG
Banned

twiistaaa wrote:

ATG wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers as something of value.
No, because actors are so consistantly stupid and left wing.

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-28 20:54:11)

Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6460|UK

ATG wrote:

Recoil555 wrote:

No one listens to ATG because they know hes a cunt ...
Okay genius.
I could report your post and get you banned. Care to delete it?

twiistaaa wrote:

ATG wrote:

No, because actors are so consistantly stupid and left wing.
no haha its worth it you fuckin spend way to long on here mate

Last edited by Recoil555 (2006-10-28 19:50:51)

Phantom2828
+51|6536|Land of the free

Stingray24 wrote:

Must . . . destroy . . . Bush.  Still . . . furious . . . about . . . losing . . . 2 . . . elections . . . in . . . a row.  Iraq, IrAQ, IRAQ, IIIIRAAAQ (damn people aren't listening).  Lets try this:  Republican likes boys and resigns (sssssh, we know a Dem actually banged a page, we don't care) . . . *crickets*  Damn, it didn't work.  Ok, back to plan one: Iraq, IrAQ, IRAQ, IIIIRAAAQ.  *Stingray shakes tv*  "I think it's stuck honey! Turn on the radio."
LOL plus one sir!
Typical double standard. Some dem had SEX with a male page. Guess what happened to him.
He served 5 more fucking terms! I mean what the fuck. Foley sends sexual messages. He resigns right away.
The dems try to sterotype like usual and call all republicans perverts.
bakarocket
+12|6557

ATG wrote:

Wait. Are you talking about O'Reilly or Letterman?

Phantom2828 wrote:

LOL plus one sir!
Typical double standard. Some dem had SEX with a male page. Guess what happened to him.
He served 5 more fucking terms! I mean what the fuck. Foley sends sexual messages. He resigns right away.
The dems try to sterotype like usual and call all republicans perverts.
One of the differences might be that Dem's generally don't give a rat's arse if a guy screws a boy, and that Republicans generally do (the modern Republican generally does - real Repubs wouldn't care either).

Maybe it's about...hypocrisy?

Last edited by bakarocket (2006-10-28 19:53:57)

ATG
Banned
Letterman, of course, nice try though.

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-28 19:55:19)

bakarocket
+12|6557

ATG wrote:

Right. O'Reilly is a television personality with no more training in anything than Letterman. SO what you actually meant to say was,

"It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers who I disagree with as something of value."

Right?
ATG
Banned

bakarocket wrote:

ATG wrote:

Right. O'Reilly is a television personality with no more training in anything than Letterman. SO what you actually meant to say was,

"It never ceases to amaze me how people take the words of actors and entertainers who I disagree with as something of value."

Right?
From Bill O'Rielly's biography;
Born in Manhattan and raised on Long Island, Bill O'Reilly holds a degree in History from Marist College, a Master's in Broadcast Journalism from Boston University and another Master's Degree in Public Administration from Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.
heres what I can find on Letterman;
Letterman attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana... He was married to college sweetheart Michelle Cook from 1970-1977... He was once an all-purpose announcer on station WLWI in Indianapolis, a job which included introducing movies and serving as a substitute weatherman.

edit*  you take your Hollywood deep thinkers like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn.
They are embarrassing morons, you can have them.

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-28 22:07:04)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6501|Connecticut
What I dont understand is Lettermans obvious contradiction. He says he wants American soldiers to stop dying but then asks why we are not immediately invading North Korea instead of Iraq. Military actions take considerable planning to minimize casualty. He understands that right? Any thoughts please share but dont attack me. I dont have the energy tonight because a tree fell on my garage (dont worry the boat is ok).
Malloy must go
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6460|UK
I'm not impressive ... sigh i really hoped i was .... /sarcasm and ill batter any kitten that wants to challenge me ( oh you change it to attempt to give damn even better ffs lol ) and calling me retard is so very clever of you especially using a diagram sigh i wish i had thought of that myself .. but hey get me banned for opposing everything you believe in, be dogmatic in every way you fight your fights, you dont answer the question you dont have answer to, but speak your mind fair enough but belittling another point of view is pointless..

Last edited by Recoil555 (2006-10-28 20:15:56)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6710|New York

Turquoise wrote:

Honestly, I wish Letterman had let O'Reilly speak his mind.  I realize that he was probably just imitating O'Reilly's habit of interrupting his guests repeatedly, but Letterman's rebuttals would hold a lot more weight if we actually heard what O'Reilly had to say.

To be honest, I'm surprised O'Reilly even agreed to be on that show.

What little we did hear from O'Reilly was interesting though.  He seems to overlook one very important thing about Iraq.  America supported Saddam at a time when he was terrorizing his own people.  Many of the thousands of murders that O'Reilly referenced were indirectly supported by America's support of Saddam as an ally.

For us to say that we found Saddam's atrocities unforgivable at a time that we were supporting him is hypocritical to say the least.  He'd still be in power and killing thousands if he had decided to remain favorable to our interests.  If he hadn't invaded Kuwait, we wouldn't have done anything about his continued gassing of Kurds.
We supported saddam During the Iran Iraq War, Not after. He went off the deep end after the war ended. But what side would you have had us side with then? Certainly not Iran. Remember the Iatola? Our hostages?  So we were damned if we did and damned if we didnt. We chose the lesser of the two evils at the time.
SoC./Omega
+122|6549|Omaha, Nebraska!

Stingray24 wrote:

Yes thank you, exactly how it should have been put well done.
ATG I totally agree with you also, actors don't know shit about politics most of the time, then say something stupid and try to cover it up. LEFT WINGERS FTL?!
ATG
Banned

SoC./Omega wrote:

ATG I totally agree with you also, actors don't know shit about politics most of the time, then say something stupid and try to cover it up. LEFT WINGERS FTL?!
Dude, didn't read read the genius Recoils post?

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-28 22:07:25)

Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
so O'Reilly is a well educated bag of gas. point taken.
ATG
Banned
I don't agree with everything he says. He's no hard right winger.
Compared to Letterman, however, he's a scholar.
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon

deeznutz1245 wrote:

What I dont understand is Lettermans obvious contradiction. He says he wants American soldiers to stop dying but then asks why we are not immediately invading North Korea instead of Iraq. Military actions take considerable planning to minimize casualty. He understands that right? Any thoughts please share but dont attack me. I dont have the energy tonight because a tree fell on my garage (dont worry the boat is ok).
wow, such insight.  Letterman wasnt suggesting that we should invade North Korea.  The point he was making was that we invaded Iraq because we thought Hussein had weapons, We know NK has weapons but we aren't invading.  Why? 

And if military actions take so much planning then why are we now stuck in the quagmire that is Iraq?  Ooh, lemme guess your response. 

"Wrong, dumbass, the invasion was a complete success.   We kicked Hussein's ass."

and that's a neat, child-like, if not semantical response.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard