AmbassadorofPain
+34|6668|Devil's Perch
I apologise in advance for this little rant, but I suppose others might have the same problem, too.
For some reason, my 2142 alter ego is extremely popular and I keep getting buddy requests, not by gang or other mates, but by some Joe Whohethell.

People, god (or just some smart person at DICE) gave the opportunity to add a text comment when requesting an add to the buddylist from someone. If there's no good reason to suppose that player might remember you, ffs TELL WHY YOU WANT TO BE ON THEIR LIST.
I can only assure you that I don't care much about anyone on a game server but perhaps the 5 people in my squad and perhaps the commander(s) and therefore won't remember you just because I killed you or just because I revived you (or vice versa). 

My buddylist holds 22 names after about one week of playing, of people I enjoy playing with a lot and people I respect for their skills in game and  for their personality. I don't want a buddylist of 400 of which I have never talked to 380.

Yet I don't mind that list growing as time passes, but there'll be only people added who caught my attention in a positive way. At least, you should be able to tell me why you want to be on my buddylist.

Btw, does anyone else have the problem that they accept buddyrequests and the buddies don't show up on the list? Happened to me quite a few times.
Proud member of a dead community.
zitwep
+1|6476
I noticed that when you go up ranks, and especially when you reach the ranks with the square icons, more and more people request you as a buddy, I also find that I get flamed more and more as I go up ranks and get treated as an ammo giving point noob, which I never do :S
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6667|UK

zitwep wrote:

I noticed that when you go up ranks, and especially when you reach the ranks with the square icons, more and more people request you as a buddy, I also find that I get flamed more and more as I go up ranks and get treated as an ammo giving point noob, which I never do :S
hahaha i must be crap , all though i am just a little away from warrent officer, i have never been asked to be anyones buddy, nor have i asked anyone to be my buddy, ive used re-supply for about 30 mins, i f i want buddies i would do it the old scholl way, get there email addy and then joinm them on TS or VENT, always been the best way to do it, agreed or not agreed... so dont ask me to be your buddy, like much the guy who posted 1st ( COULD NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK)
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6602|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
I am so going to add you with the text reading "ADD ME PLZ!".
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic
Aye, although quite often it's because people add you through the ingame option (tab->manage)

But I can safely say that out of the 43 people on my buddylist I actually play with maybe 15 of them, the others are just people who saw I was reasonably high ranked and added me. I'm guilty of it now and then, I just add people, but as most of them know me it's all good.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6772|Internet!
I was clicking random buttons and managed to accidentally send a buddy list request while in-game, so I'm assuming that a lot of random requests are like that.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6648|Wigan. Manchester. England.

Towelly wrote:

Aye, although quite often it's because people add you through the ingame option (tab->manage)

But I can safely say that out of the 43 people on my buddylist I actually play with maybe 15 of them, the others are just people who saw I was reasonably high ranked and added me. I'm guilty of it now and then, I just add people, but as most of them know me it's all good.
I have 10ish, i only have the people i play with.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6602|Your attic

scottomus0 wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Hmm, I should probobly go about deleting some people then.
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada

scottomus0 wrote:

I just tend to stick to clan mates... keeps things neat
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6546|Edmonton Alberta
pretty much if i dont know the person from either playing a few rounds with them or they are a clanmate ....i just ignore the request
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah, in the demo I had some wanker called Sarrk ad me for no reason...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Zefar
+116|6660|Sweden
I got one guy on my buddy list but we still own the servers we got to. XD

We rank first in the Sqaud even if we are only 2 people total. We usually land pretty high up with high score and such. Sometimes it doesn't matter if we are on the loosing team either. We almost always go like Support and Medic, depend on what we are doing. :3

We got voice communication on to so we can quickly get help from each other among with some normal talking.

I would most likely add people who are either from forum that are good or a friend. Other than that I don't really like to add random people and neither have I done that.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6667|Brisbane, Australia

Flecco wrote:

I know eh, fucking Sarrk, he's a dipshit, I hope he dies in a hole.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6838|Australia

Sarrk wrote:

Flecco wrote:

i heard he did. they found his body 3 months later.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I've heard rumours he's a zombie. Eats brains and shiz for breakfast.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6684|Houston, Texas
I accidently get people added to mine when I go to kickvote them, and the option is turned off on the server.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6653|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Flecco wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

I've heard rumours he's a zombie. Eats brains and shiz for breakfast.
i heard he likes to sit in Titan guns and rain death on people while i throw ammo hubs at him.
GeoEnvi
+22|6698|Philadelphia, PA

Towelly wrote:

I only requested to add you after taking your dogtags the day after we flame-posted each other in another thread!  Still, it's nice to see you playing alot...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard