PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6425|Norway | Unkown
Just woundering if someone else have noticed that the posters for ingame ads have changed?

It had something like this with some text on..
https://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.morrish/images/BATTLE785-01_A3_COVER_2_AW.jpg
Think it was "We want you on the battlefield" or something..
I will post an ss from ingame around 12.00pm +1 GMT when im at my gaming computer, or if someone else post it.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

Yeh I saw that on Belgrade (I think), I can't honestly say it wasn't there the whole time lol but today was the first time I'd noticed it.

EDIT: -

https://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9167/screen024ds6.jpg

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-10-27 18:00:43)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6760|the middle of nowhere
Yeah I saw that one. We want you in the EU army or something. That was on Verdun I belive. Then in the one harbor map (I forgot the name) I saw another one ( it was different though. It had a picture of an EU soldier but I don't think it had any writing on it.)
First
+3|6729|Canada
these are just to see how the community reacts the real thing will probably come in a week, most likly with a patch
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6489|Somewhere else

Thats probably the ad space soon to have sweet merchandise hawked all over it. the ad hasn't been bought up yet, so might as well plug thier own shit. The world might not survive a global winter, but Snickers sure will!
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6425|Norway | Unkown

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Yeh I saw that on Belgrade (I think), I can't honestly say it wasn't there the whole time lol but today was the first time I'd noticed it.

EDIT: -

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9167/screen024ds6.jpg
yea that one..

Hope that they don't only use it to usless ads.. maybe when a new patch is coming that they use it there...
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6770|Internet!
There's one for PAC too. I think EA's just testing them out a bit...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Saw a bunch on Berlin and Shundia.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6704|UK
yep, i just fort id never seen it b4
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6453|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i havent seen any ad's ever since i got the game which was when it first came out in aus.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6784|EUR
Yeah I saw that too, was not sure if that was there before. Now I know it is new.

I think its EA testing to see if it works, expect pepsi and mcdonalds in no time.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6672|under there hayousaidunderwear

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

i havent seen any ad's ever since i got the game which was when it first came out in aus.
The ads aren't in the game yet.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6651|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
theres an EU poster and a PAC poster.

i saw the PAC one by the Monument outpost on Minsk.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6725
I was roaming around in my sports-tank (i.e.: Nekomata) and almost ran right into one on Sidi. Shows how much I was paying attention. So, like eveything else that seems slightly our of place, added to the fact that I was bored (talk to my clanmates, not a good thing to have happen!), I shot it. I wasn't paying attention and shot the damn billboard

Last edited by -MP-Nuke1266 (2006-10-27 22:19:13)

Chou
+737|6800
Looks cool
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6472|meh-land

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

australia has some sort of spyware law, so australian versions of bf2142 don't have the ads...   luckies...
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6705|Sacramento

Blehm98 wrote:

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

australia has some sort of spyware law, so australian versions of bf2142 don't have the ads...   luckies...
hmm I wonder if thats hard coded in the software or if its based on IP.. if its software.. someone should upload it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
I saw some PAC billboards at verdun.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

I saw it, I wasn't sure if it was their before.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6448|Brisbane, Australia

I'm from Australia, and I have those PAC and EU billboards. Does that mean I will get the ads? I guess they don't really bother me anyway.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Dex Luther
+32|6447|Canukastan
I saw this one. Don't remember the map though...

https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9749/screen003rl7.jpg

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I'm from Australia, and I have those PAC and EU billboards. Does that mean I will get the ads? I guess they don't really bother me anyway.
Everyone's getting the Ads. Being in Australia only means you'll get ads they were paid for by Australian companies.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6666|Devil's Perch
These are quite obviously placeholders.
I'd sure like to know if there are actually companies around that pay for that kind of advertising. Seems to be wasted money in a fast-paced game like this one where one usually focuses on what lies ahead instead of looking at the scenery to discover ads.
Proud member of a dead community.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

I'm gonna cover the McDonalds billboards with RDX-7.... Or fill them full of lead from the LMGs.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6664|Brisbane, Australia

Dude, we are going to be getting ads for Weatbix

Sweeeeeeet!

Whats that thing on the right there Dex?

Blehm98 wrote:

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

We dont? Even sweeter!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-10-28 05:15:06)

tupla_s
+455|6601|Finland

Sarrk wrote:

Whats that thing on the right there Dex?
!
Yeah I want to know too, I've seen it before too and I want it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard