do you believe in fate?

hell yes !25%25% - 18
hell no !49%49% - 35
hell knows !25%25% - 18
Total: 71
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6496|England
just vote yes or no , give a reason why or why not also!
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6746|Salt Lake City

Not at all.  Fate would indicate that everything is predetermined, and nothing I do makes any differences.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6588|Florida
I voted null, because partially yes, and partially no.  Some things I feel like I was meant to do....others, not so much, and I just did them because I flippin felt like it.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6602|Scarborough Yorkshire England
No don't believe in fate same reason as above.
Watch Red Dwarf Season 8, episode title - Cassandra
Listers take on fate at the end of that episode about sums it up for me.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-27 11:43:28)

IRONCHEF
+385|6501|Northern California
I believe we ultimately choose our end result in life.  But I think fate, or destiny can be assumed by those who discern ones behavior/choices as they age and therefore be easily labelled as FATE...as if you had no choice.  But people who radically change their lives prove otherwise.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6548|Search Whore killing fields
I believe I was put on this earth to kill you
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6831|Delaware
Fate is a subconscious thing, I believe. If you do something that you believe "was meant to be by fate" or whatever, it's because you believe it.

That's my opinion anyway. I don't think that anything can be predetermined by anyone else. You have your own will and you choose to do everything that you do in life.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6582|Austin , TX
Fate is what ya make it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

I believe in probability.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6702|Calgary
Hmmm another 4 lettered word
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6702|Calgary

DirtyMexican wrote:

Mexican, nice sig..............
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6720|Sweden
No fate for me, I can change my fate right now if I want to.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America

Superslim wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

Mexican, nice sig..............
Dude...her teeth are so freakin' white. It's more distracting than the toplessness.

On a on-topic note. Fate seems to go against everything people are told. When parents tell their children "you can be whatever you put your mind to" that statement is for the most part true. I believe you're in control with free will. To me, it seems fate is a remnant of Calvinism and predestination.

Last edited by DesertFox423 (2006-10-27 16:08:16)

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6496|England

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

No fate for me, I can change my fate right now if I want to.
but in doing so? would'nt that be what your fate is?  by trying to change your fate? your only playing into it with everything you do...

its really confusing when you really think about it
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6416|North Carolina
Fate is a human perception, not a fact or a reality.  It's kind of like religion in a way....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
The notion that I have no control over my "destiny" would make life 100% pointless so no.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS
Naturally? No.
Logically? No.

Scientifically? Fuck no. Not with quantum mechanics circling around.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Choclot
+21|6553
I believe in fte becasue sometimes peple have those dreams were they see snippets of things that happen in the future...how do you explain that?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6831|Delaware

Choclot wrote:

I believe in fte becasue sometimes peple have those dreams were they see snippets of things that happen in the future...how do you explain that?
I call that subconscious thought. It only happens in the future because you had a dream about it. Whether you know it or not, you made that happen because you saw it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Not at all.  Fate would indicate that everything is predetermined, and nothing I do makes any differences.
QFE
jonsimon
+224|6506
Fate exists because the universe is a mathematical system. All outcomes are constrained completely by the initial value of the sequence. Everything that happens couldn't have happened any other way, ultimately, and the real probability of anything happening is either 100% or 0%.

However, none of this should change how we live our lives, because we can't accurately predict those probabilities.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
I believe fate is a frame work, and our freewill twists fates initial assist in a certain direction.

It makes more sense to me that everything in life is 50-50;
It either is, or it isn't.
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

So you don't believe in fate, but nothing you do will make a difference? How depressing....
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566
Fate and pre-determınatıon ıs a load of bollocks. End of dıscussıon. Fate ıs a purely phılosophıcal concept/fabrıcatıon, the dıscussıon of whıch ınevıtably leads NOWHERE (ıs that fate?)...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-28 11:55:06)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6727
Your fate is to die.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard