Poll

Do You Think Friendly Fire Should be Optional?

Yes.50%50% - 26
No.49%49% - 25
Total: 51
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6769

Here's another idea. Draw a projected path for where a vehicle is going. If a troop crosses this path say 2-3 meters in-front of the car, it is not the drivers fault. However, if the projected path turns towards a troop and the driver runs him over, it's the drivers fault.

As for shooting a teammate. Maybe a timer that keeps track of how long you've been aiming at your teammate. If it's less that 1 second, and there are enemies in sight... you're most likely not trying to tk him. However if you are targeting him (1 sec or more of aiming), or there are no troops in range, then it is a forced tk.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51

doneyone wrote:

Well it's your opinion so..... but friendly fire adds to the realism of the game (I know bf2 isn't a sim). And i agree that teamkilling (for vehicle's) is annoying. there should be an automated way for people who make their 2nd teamkill to be kicked or something.
You mean there should be a way that a server could reconise wether is was a forced tk/accidental or on purpose tk..
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6633|Warlord
No. Playing without it in some places would be (is!) bad IMO because it makes you complacent/lazy and then when you go onto any of the majority of servers where FF is on you can have the wrong kind of habits.

In a very stylised game like UT it was appropriate to have no friendly fire normally, and personally I hated playing on any server where it was turned on, but for something like BF2 I think it's right to have  friendly fire.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6572|England

It should be on for IO, off for proper games.
I agree about the faggotry that surrounds getting jets and choppers, its just pathetic. Especially to get a J10 on wake (although I dont fly, its what you hear of the most).

This is the only game Ive ever played where FF is left on for every server. Whereas it does make the game that little bit more skillful, I certainly wouldnt trade that off for all the problems that it brings with it - especially when you have sniper rifles that shoot through the cockpit glass.

Last edited by Snake (2006-10-27 07:46:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard