Poll

Do You Think Friendly Fire Should be Optional?

Yes.50%50% - 26
No.49%49% - 25
Total: 51
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6734

As we all know, friendly fire is mandatory according to EA's ROE.
I think that this should be otherwise.
Think about it.

With a No Friendly Fire Option there wouldn't be any teamkilling, there couldn't be any teamkilling for Jets and Helis with their M95. If you did get in the jet, then they couldn't block you, causing you to Teamkill. If they did block, then they would be sent flying 100m to the end of the runway, making them run all the way back, or even worse, they would land in the water on carrier maps.

How pissed off do you get when your teamate runs infront of you whilst your shooting an enemy, making you Teamkill him? There would be no more of that. If you accidently missed a bombing run while there was someone trying to C4 a tank, normally you'd kill him, but it wouldn't happen. EVERYTHING would be good.

There isn't any other reason that FF is on, other than for Realism. And god knows that this game is anything but perfectly realistic.

This is Just My Opinion anyway,
Jestar.

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-10-26 23:01:26)

doneyone
+30|6548|Holland Hardcore
Well it's your opinion so..... but friendly fire adds to the realism of the game (I know bf2 isn't a sim). And i agree that teamkilling (for vehicle's) is annoying. there should be an automated way for people who make their 2nd teamkill to be kicked or something.
Choclot
+21|6535
I voted no for realism, but after reading your post, im thinking otherwise. But then again, any one could sit in the chopper or jet or whatever and piss every one off coz they wont moove. lots of people will do this...
Jestar
+373|6734

Who wouldn't move when theres lots of kills to get, especcially in Jets and Helis.
I mean, isn't that why everyone rushes for them and TK's for them anyway?
arnica
+18|6673|Sydney
Friendly fire adds more realism to it. It would be pointless to have a global scoring system if we were to take out certain elements of the game.
Jestar
+373|6734

Ooh Yeah, Lets get Some More Realism!

Add that to the Fact that the F35 is shit, C4 can be detonated instantaneously after placement and that knifing someone produces a white cloud of dust!

Wake up dude, I didn't say to remove it, I said for it to be Optional.
Trooper_Collider
+25|6737
Love it or leave it! Get over it and play!

Semper Fi!
arnica
+18|6673|Sydney
Friendly fire off = go play on non ranked servers.
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad
lol... its not required. You CAN have ranked servers with FF off.
Jestar
+373|6734

Why?

All you people care about is stats, ranked servers and taking it up the Ass from EA.

Without Friendly Fire might influence people to actually do some Teamwork too....
Diray
+13|6454|København, Danmark
No.
Spec.ops people would go nuts.
I know nothing worse than a spec.op who doesn't fear to die when trying to C4 my tank.
Jestar
+373|6734

If a Spec Ops Guy can get close enough to your Tank to be able to C4 you, then your doing something wrong as a driver....
Diray
So you've never been C4'ed while driving a tank?
Not even in a city-map?
Sometimes it's just unavoidable.

That being said,  I have killed many spec.ops trying to get my tank, but sometimes they succeed.
Jestar
+373|6734

Well Here is My Question.

How is Friendly Fire Off going to affect you, or the Soldier trying to C4 you?
[Project.D]-Demon
+1|6485|Alberta
well if FF is off they can shoot ya and mess up your aiming on somebody you are trying to snipe for the kill. (which happened to me once.) or they can comeup behind ya while ur sniping and c4 you off of the building. ETC.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.
You're all crying about realism...do you really want BF2 to be real?.

I think not.
It should be an option...I mean, it hardly makes a difference to the flow of gameplay anyway.
BF2 is not even close to real. If you want real, for infrantry try America's Army...thats the closest thing to real infrantry as you're going to get...besides walking down to your local military HQ and enrolling.

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-10-26 23:56:25)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6526|Cardiff
dudes u can turn off ff and still play ranked?? end of story surely
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.

[THE] comben wrote:

dudes u can turn off ff and still play ranked?? end of story surely
Aye, but I beleive its against the ROE.
starkingdoms
+6|6764
ummmmmm, yeah...
Diray

Jestar12345 wrote:

Well Here is My Question.

How is Friendly Fire Off going to affect you, or the Soldier trying to C4 you?
Because, if he can't kill himself, what's to stop him from blowing the C4 right after putting it on the tank, instead of atleast trying to get out of the blast-radius, and thus giving me another chance to get him.
He may not be as willing to just blow it right away, if he's going to get another 2 TK's along with a suicide.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6526|Denmizzark!!

MECtallica wrote:

lol... its not required. You CAN have ranked servers with FF off.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6756

I agree with your reasoning... but there is a much better way to fix this.

Friendly fire should be on, but the code should be smart enough to detect things correctly. If someone tk's you with m95 out of a vehicle, it shouldn't work. If they try to block your path in the plane, they should die, but you shouldn't be penalized. C4 should not launch you into the air.

However if someone shoots you and tries to kill you, then it should be a tk, and you should be able to punish. Just make the code smarter and it will solve a lot of things.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6703|austria
FF is an important part of every game! it keeps you thinking about what you are doing (shooting)!
otherwise bomberpilots would rape flags while their team is taking it!
same goes for nadespam....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
malarkeycoon
+16|6633|Cardiff
I agree with what you say but I would prefer to leave ff on.  With ff on it makes you think before you shoot... "am I going to team kill with this shot"? It adds another element to the game. With ff off you could just fire at everything that moves with no concern. Grenade throwing would get worse. Jet pilots wouldn't even have to think twice about dropping their bombs on a base under attack. Snipers firing from long distance wouldn't have to wait for the blue or red to appear above their target to make sure its an enemy...

Thats my two cents worth anyway.
malarkeycoon
+16|6633|Cardiff
bet me to it...

TeK||drake666 wrote:

FF is an important part of every game! it keeps you thinking about what you are doing (shooting)!
otherwise bomberpilots would rape flags while their team is taking it!
same goes for nadespam....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard