Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6703
its gotten to the point where i just dont know what to unlock next. and my next rank up is another 1000 pts, so i want to choose this one wisely.

first choice is to unlock the SD8 Accipter (Flying gun drone)...i have the first 2 squad leader unlocks unlocked already...so i could get that puppy right away if i wanted to. but i have heard mixed reviews on it.

the second would be the claymore...altho i can just unlock those easily with a field upgrade, and i have no interest in unlocking the pimped out sniper rifle. this would be the only unlock i would get on this tree other than possibly the 4x scope, as ive heard the stabilizer is kind of ****.

my other choice is to work towards unlocking the A12 sentry drone, but id have to start at the bottom, as i dont even have the emp grenade unlocked yet. and i dont really want to get teh ganz HMG, as ive heard that it is crap.

my other choice is to work towards the Pilum AVR, but again, i havent even started unlocking that tree yet.

last but certainly not least is the Clark shotgun. i like the look and sound of this focker, but again, id have to start at the bottom of the tree as i havent started yet....but unlocking it gets me the Advanced ammo hub and shield.

so which one would you guys recommend?

Last edited by Dogfood Enforcer (2006-10-26 20:13:06)

joker8baller
+68|6707
Sentry.

Ganz is good, people suck with it so they say it sucks.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6801|Internet!
You've gotta start at the bottom of a tree eventually. I'd go for either the Pilum or the Clark.
Paragon
+2|6433
Depends on what you like to do the most.

Out of all of those I'd go for either claymore or the Clark. That thing is a beast.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6723
Pilum AVR is the most leet piece of weaponry I've unlocked yet, and I've just unlocked it today. And I have quite a few unlocks.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6480|canada
does this mean the stats are workin again? maybe ill go out and buy it now
Paragon
+2|6433

INFERNO552 wrote:

does this mean the stats are workin again? maybe ill go out and buy it now
FrenziedAU
+6|6487|Australia
If you do sniping, the 4x scope is a must.
The A12 sentry drone is awesome, especially in the titan.  The support shield is useful, especially in the titan combined with the drone - drop a drone in front of the shield, and prone behind the shield in a corridor, this makes you almost unkillable.  The EMP nades come in useful, mostly to help out engi's or vehicles take out other vehicles.
I'm almost at the Pilum, and have heard good things about it, but the defuser is kinda useless, not sure about the vehicle ID or vehicle radar, since I've just got them.

Overall though, I'd recommend going for the A12 sentry drone tree, but don't unlock the ganz.
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6658|Mars
Well, I can answer all your questions about the weapons (in a way, that is). Just check out post number 22 of the following topic: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=50386

That should give you an answer about unlocking the weapons. As for the other stuff, just try the stuff out with your field upgrades and don't listen to everyone else's opinion about the stuff (half the time it's completely wrong).

Last edited by Daniel_Malloy (2006-10-26 20:27:50)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6687|Peoria

FrenziedAU wrote:

but the defuser is kinda useless,
Bullshit. that thing is the sex when it comes to defusing AMP mines at the mouth of the titan hallways. Helluva lot better than actually dying and having to have a medic revive you.
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6703
i think its down to either working my way towards the sentry drone or the clark shotgun...

on one hand the sentry would be bloody useful in many situations. but i really dislike the standard support weapons, and usually stay away from that kit because im not a fan of the shuko or whatever the hell it is. cant hit f*ck all for that.lol

thats why im diggin the clark. good old shotgun pwnage is always good. plus the close quarters pin is an added bonus...

hard hard decision

or on a totally different note, what about unlocking the Voss L-AR? i have the baur and it pwns, but the 20 round clip leaves me with my nuts out in the cold a lot of the time in CQB.  i have the resucitator or whatever they call it already unlocked.

Last edited by Dogfood Enforcer (2006-10-26 22:35:13)

Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6762|Eastern PA

joker8baller wrote:

Sentry.

Ganz is good, people suck with it so they say it sucks.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6685|Malibu

Dogfood Enforcer wrote:

the second would be the claymore...altho i can just unlock those easily with a field upgrade, and i have no interest in unlocking the pimped out sniper rifle. this would be the only unlock i would get on this tree other than possibly the 4x scope, as ive heard the stabilizer is kind of ****.
As a person who has unlocked complete Recon class unlocks, let me say something about the sniper tree. If you are going to be sniping a long distance, but you do not want the Zeller-H (I don't understand why you don't want this if you are going to snipe), and you get field upgrade often, get until 4x Scope. You will be able to use stabilizer with field upgrade.

The thing about stabilizer is that when you are zoomed in, you have to press SHIFT to activate it. However, you stabilize your aim only for about 2 seconds (estimate, haven't had a timer with me to get exact numbers) maximum. If you used that 2 seconds, it takes two seconds for it to charge up. However, if you have a fast aim, you can use it for like a 0.25~0.75 seconds to aim and shoot, it only takes 0.25~0.75 seconds to be able to use it again.

Hope this helped you in someway in decision making about sniper tree.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6484|Perth, W.A, Australia.
go for the VOSS L-AR i reckon its one of the best guns in the game (its under the medical side of assault)
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6667|Canada

FrenziedAU wrote:

If you do sniping, the 4x scope is a must.
The A12 sentry drone is awesome, especially in the titan.  The support shield is useful, especially in the titan combined with the drone - drop a drone in front of the shield, and prone behind the shield in a corridor, this makes you almost unkillable.  The EMP nades come in useful, mostly to help out engi's or vehicles take out other vehicles.
I'm almost at the Pilum, and have heard good things about it, but the defuser is kinda useless, not sure about the vehicle ID or vehicle radar, since I've just got them.

Overall though, I'd recommend going for the A12 sentry drone tree, but don't unlock the ganz.
the defuser has saved my ass alot! in the titan, recon spams clays, the defuser has a very wide range, so it takes out all the gaymores. now the vehicle radar is good to toss on you tank as you drive, or on the gunship. it sticks to any surface, so when "dog fighting" it is your own personal radar.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6508
Get the sentryt drone. It kicks ass and the people talking smack about the ganz don't know how to use it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6746|Antarctica
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6800
Because it seems to cause CTDs?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6566|Singapore
can you list the unlocks you have so far?
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6703
Recon:
-rdx, netbat, IT33 camo, Lambert carbine

Assault:
-defib, shotgun attatchment, netbat, rocket attatchment, baur

Engineer:
-nothing

support:
-shield

abilities:
-grenades, sprint

squad leader:
-beacon, recon droid

those are all my unlocks
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6733
I say go for the Clark.
btw: what rank are you?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6682|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
engineer right tier]

EMP mines
then Repair V2.0
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6746|Antarctica
Be sure to get EMP mines, repair v2.0, (like spawn said) and motion mines for engi.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6577|Search Whore killing fields
Go for the PKM

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard