major
+14|6482
Ok I got this from bf2142fever I dont know if it has been posted but I will post it again:

How to Fix EA Master Server Disconnects Solved!!!

Ok i rang my mate who is an IT guru and i told him my problem about losing connection to the EA master server.

So i said the difference between this game and BF2 is that BF2142 constantely checks my profile whilst playing and BF2 doesn't. Every obviously knows this due to real time unlocks compared to delayed unlocks with BF2.

Anyway, so he immeadiately said go to the Firewall config using internet explorer then type your router IP address. For those of you that don't know how to get his go to Start/run, then type cmd hit enter. The type ipconfig enter. This will bring up your ip addresses.

Ok once you have your router ip go back to Internet Exp and type it into the address bar hit enter. Login using password and user supplied by internet provider. Go to Advanced setting and then Firewall. In most cases all of the settings are automatically on..........TURN THEM ALL OFF!!!

Thats it...save the settings and enjoy!!!!

So your probably wondering why can it login in the first place? Well once you have login in and start loading the map then make a few kills EA's server does a check on your profile then your router's firewall won't except that EA is checking your profile then disonnects you.

If this doesn't work for you i'm sorry for wasting your time with this long message. Anyway back to the battlefield for me.

ANd the 2nd if that doesnt work:
Re: How to Fix EA Master Server Disconnects Solved!!!

OK guys no need to go through all of this trouble. I've posted this before in another thread but the solution is far easier than that.

Simply put your gaming PC on the DMZ, every router should have a DMZ. I always have my gaming rig on the DMZ to avoid little issues like this and I haven't had any problems with the EA Master server disconnects.

In order to put your PC on the DMZ you will still need to access your router. Once you are inside your router you should see a section probably called DMZ(may be under the section used for port forwarding depending on your router).

Once there simply put in your PC's IP address and add it to the DMZ. All this means is that the PC on the DMZ is no longer protected by the router(same thing as turning everything off only far easier).

If you do not know what your IP address or router address are there are several ways to find out. The easiest is to simply go to a command prompt(CMD from the run command will get you a command prompt) and type in ipconfig. This will give you all of your network information.

ipaddress = obviously this is your computers ipaddress.
gateway = router's ipaddress.

If you have multiple routers I will assume you know enough about what you are doing to figure out all of the router ipaddresses. Anyways I just thoguht I would share the easiest way for you guys to accomplish this without jacking up a bunch of router settings.

Also keep in mind that if you have multiple computers on your router by putting one on the DMZ you do not effect the security of the other PC. However if you turn off all of your firewall settings on the router you will turn off all protection for all PC's.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6762
WTF is the DMZ?
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6585|England
I don't have a router but I get the d/c problems, only in the evening though.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6668|United States

_The.Don_05 wrote:

I don't have a router but I get the d/c problems, only in the evening though.
that sounds like a problem with your ISP.  Heavy traffic or something.
cabracke
+5|6634|Germany
Turning off your firewall is NOT the best advice to give... I am playing with the XP firewall AND my router's firewall turned on and -guesss what- I don't have any connection problems.

If you get disconnected a lot I would suggest to manually update BF2142's punkbuster client (goto www.evenbalance.com), as the automatic routine doesn't work properly (well, it didn't in BF2, either).
major
+14|6482
I have found this on bf2142 fever: And if you go to their forums Most people that have tried it it has worked for them.
Prime
+13|6584|Netherlands
Turn of all protection? Yeah right, you might as well leave you front door open as well. See how long it takes before you get mugged/robbed/killed/assfucked/whatever.

Last edited by Prime (2006-10-26 16:29:47)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6543|Sammamish, WA
I too am an IT professional and I can tell you that if the problem was firewall-related then the game would not work all of the time--it would not work some of the time and spontaneously kick you off others. Firewall settings are static and therefore they either work or don't; they don't cut in and out. The solution to this problem is not messing with your firewall.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6777|EUR
First let EA monitor me, now disable all my firewall just to play one round? Yeah right.

Thanks anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard