-=Meshekal=-
+2|6758|United Kingdom
I was looking at my stats the other day when i noticed 55 kills with a knife - I though 'woo! I can go get me a Veteran Knife Combat badge now!'

So i went to a 64 Karkand map and attempted to replicate what I had done to get the basic knife badge. And I did! Took me about an hour, and finally i got it - got 8 by the end of that round!

Wait....

....No Award? No Badge? No notice upon stabbing that unlucky seventh victim? O.o

I came back here, look through UBAR, and yup - still only 7 knife kills in one round, 50 global, it says.

So why no badge?! Is the info here wrong, or was the server i was playing being crap?

Hmm, maybe it hasn't updated yet - maybe EA is being slower than usual. But no. I've played a few matches since then, and i got my Aerial Service Ribbon and another Gold and Silver Medal in those - No Veteran Knife!!

Again, is the info here wrong, or have i been failed by a lame server?! (bearing in mind i'm pretty much always on this server, and it's never not recorded anything before...)
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6864|Germany
Did you hear the usual drumroll?
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6758|United Kingdom
Nope. nothin'
magzy
+11|6768
then you cant count.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6771|The Netherlands
i had this stupid thing this morning. i (FINALLY) got the veteran repair BUT.
I had repaired some tanks and cars and i got 10 repairs (strange I should have got the badge) I played on and died selected the anti-tank kit we had problems with a tank. then suddenly after about a minute I heard the drumroll for the repair badge.
so weird i wasnt even engineer anymore (i did have 10 repairs)
I even had a normal ping so i guess it wasn't lag
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6786|Canada, Ont
Ya its not Instantly

Same happens to me, Got 25 Repairs... took 2 Minutes to Give Expert to me.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6790|NRW,Germany
Had a similar problem with my veteran Assault two days ago. I played on my favorite server where I obtained most of my badges and ribbons, bombed 30 people on Gulf of Oman but no drumroll, no award although I already had 15 hours and five minutes playing assault before the round started

Fortunately I got my veteran knife together with the basic as I had more than 50 knife kills before I was able to get 7 stabbes IAR.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6861|Germany / Saxony

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Ya its not Instantly

Uh, a little bit offtopic:
What trick did you do to get 25 repair points IAR??
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Kniero
Banned
+1|6762|AZ

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Ya its not Instantly

Same happens to me, Got 25 Repairs...
HOLY FUCK!...HOW!...!!!!!!!!!!....TELL US!!
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6844|Germany
i tried two today 5 rounds to get basic knife but in 2 rounds i got 6 kills and in another i got 7 but no badge!!!

how can this happen?

i killed 6 times with knife, then one with pistol and again one with knife but i still got no knife badge wtf???

P.S. sry for bad english
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6790|NRW,Germany
Just a few minutes ago I tried for veteran engineer. I got 11 repair points but no drumroll nor a badge. Then I looked into the scoreboard and saw that I was listed as a private :X

Maybe that´s the reason? If you have that private bug you also won´t get awards?!
Just a thought.
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6844|Germany
no  there was not the private bug ...
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6758|United Kingdom

magzy wrote:

then you cant count.
I can count better than Bush, and that's all that matters.

I managed to get the Vet. Badge about 10 mins ago - stabbin' some unlucky Snipers who didn't use claymores (Well, one did, and i saw his own team mate get blown across the square by it :p)

Last edited by -=Meshekal=- (2005-11-21 09:55:27)

Boogie
+1|6762
I had similiar problems while getting some of my Vet. badges.  Some where do to the private bug.  However I did have to end up redoing 2 of them because they never appeared.  Its the nature of the beast I quess with online servers exchanging info.  Some of it will eventually get lost.
CackNBallz
+45|6759|Toronto, Canada
How the process works is that the EA servers has your information resident on their databases.  When you login the ranked server accesses your account information from their database and it is supposed to flag things that are available to be awarded to you.  If it doesn't get this information, then it doesn't know that you are eligible to get it.

If the server you are on doesn't get any info, then you assumed to be a new account (Private), and you will get the basic combat badges all over again on those particular servers.
dshak
+4|6829
people always want to question whether UBAR is wrong, at this point its pretty clear the information provided on here is accurate, there are a lot of things that can go wrong... goofy server, miscount of kills, in the end chalk things like that up to the fact that in the world of games, wierd things happen.
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6836|ATX
something weird happened to me tonight... finally got 7 knife kills in a round (woot!!!) and got my Basic Knife Badge but with 56 global kills I didn't get my veteran... weird huh? I though maybe EA fixed that part so you couldnt get both together but I see someone else in this thread did very recently...

I checked in BFHQ and on BF2S.com and I did indeed get my Basic... oh well beggars cant be choosers I guess... at least I got the Basic so now I can get First Sgt.
AD_Kensan
+7|6801
You have to have 50 knife kills BEFORE you start going after the Vet Knife badge. So you have to have at least 57 knife kills to get that badge (counting the seven you need to do in one round)
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6775|Denmark

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Ya its not Instantly

I know this is off topic.. BUT how the **** did you get your 25 repairs IAR?!?!!?

I'll ask the same question with 25 healing points.. /
Kasperkopf
+1|6748|from my flat

Z-trooper wrote:

I know this is off topic.. BUT how the **** did you get your 25 repairs IAR?!?!!?

I'll ask the same question with 25 healing points.. /
Bah thats very Easy. You must Play a Map where are many Snipers. You crouch near them or only one. Every Time the Enemy Woundet one you have too heal as Quick you can.

The 25 Repairs are harder. I have get only 24 in a Round at Night in a tank as a Pioneer and a Squatmember in another Tank as a Pioneer and if you a little bit good you get Repair Points but not so easy!
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6767|Derby, England

Clayton_Bigsby wrote:

something weird happened to me tonight... finally got 7 knife kills in a round (woot!!!) and got my Basic Knife Badge but with 56 global kills I didn't get my veteran... weird huh? I though maybe EA fixed that part so you couldnt get both together but I see someone else in this thread did very recently...

I checked in BFHQ and on BF2S.com and I did indeed get my Basic... oh well beggars cant be choosers I guess... at least I got the Basic so now I can get First Sgt.
I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying this - you also need to fulfill all the global requirement before you join a server. As the vet badge requires a basic badge as a requirement, you would need to have this badge at the point you joined the server.

I dont know how often the badge stuff updates, but get your 7 kills now and you should have a nice shiny silver badge to show your friends after the round.
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6836|ATX
I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying this - you also need to fulfill all the global requirement before you join a server. As the vet badge requires a basic badge as a requirement, you would need to have this badge at the point you joined the server.
I can understand needing the 50 before I join the server but I know that others have gotten both in the same round...  oh well... like I said earlier, at least I got the basic (and it actually got recorded in bfhq).
LTD_SpikE
+0|6781
I have played on a few servers that took a few mins for bfhq to update an award I have received.  But yesterday I play on BF2Gaming.net's 24/7 kar server and recieved Vet Support, Vet Resupply, Vet First Aid, and Vet Knife.  And as soon as the round was over they were bfhq.

https://www.ltdsquad.com/screenshots/screen004.jpg

This one took me forever to get as you can see on my stats I have 125 global knife kills.  Now i can start working on 18 in 1 round.

SpikE

Last edited by LTD_SpikE (2005-11-22 04:32:03)

CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6755

-=pM|B1zzY=- wrote:

no  there was not the private bug ...
Yes there is. Sometiems you log on and appear as Private. You Wil get basic medals again...................

Buggy game.
-=pM|B1zzY=-
+0|6844|Germany
i know,..... but there wasnt... i think i counted wrong, but i tried it again and got finally my veteran knife badge... but expert badge is impossible..!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard