Poll

motion mines are teh gayz?

yes32%32% - 30
no67%67% - 62
Total: 92
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
right...those stuff still homes and flys to your vehicle with with active defense on...shouldn the active defense protect you from stuff flying near your vehicle except bullets?
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia
1 would think so. Do the mines go through the active defence?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Cold Fussion wrote:

1 would think so. Do the mines go through the active defence?
yes
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand
I hate those bloody things, you never even know you've set them off untill they start to track you, i mean you should get a warning or something first right?!
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6416|Norway | Unkown
Lol, yea i hate those too... I allways bail out when i hear the sound to those mines.. then plant c7 on it and run away..
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
I have a hard-on for motion mines.

But if you see some, stop instantly, edge back very very slowly, if your lucky one will hit you, and you can bail and repair, take another hit etc etc.
dom117
+17|6464
i wish that you could spot mines like u do with inventory or other vechiles.

that way, when your taking a silo, idiots in jeeps or tanks dont race into them while trying to get to the silo in time to get a point and blow themselves up and you with them.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6733|Singapore
Yeah, one emp strike, one motion mine = GG tank.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

sfarrar33 wrote:

I hate those bloody things, you never even know you've set them off untill they start to track you, i mean you should get a warning or something first right?!
I guess the loud annoying beeping isnt enough of a hint?

As soon as I hear that noise I hop out and immediately hop back into my armor and just sit still and kill anyone who happens to be around (generally an engie) and then proceed to attempt to back away from the mines. Basically the best thing to do is to get the engineer unlock that difuses explosives.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic

Ayumiz wrote:

Yeah, one emp strike, one motion mine = GG tank.
Bah, there are much better ways of using the EMP, walkers beware.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6396
emp grenades ftw... but i don't have them >_>, nor do i have any motion mine unlock... haven't seen one yet >_<
DestinedTConquer
[sec8] Member
+12|6655|Netherlands
cant you deactivate these mines somehow?
Nintendogamer
+72|6587|Chelmsford, UK
Motion Mines are funny, they fly after aircraft and seconds later BOOOM they look like footballs anyway, so u should be able to boot them flying
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
They move slowly and don't kill APCs in one hit so I would say they are well balanced.
LionEyez
+4|6620
I've unlocked them because they are the best defense against vehicles. I mean, I place 5 on a chokepoint (you have to know the approaches to any base, just like with mines in BF2) and I race away to attack another flag. And every once in a while I'll suddenly have killed one or two people.

BUT you can see them, probably even better than the normal mines in BF 2. Same rules apply here though, always try to hide em round corners. They don't have to go over them, just near them is good enough.

An ideal set-up involves EMP mines + Motion mines. First the emp goes off to stop them and then the nearby motion mine starts floating towards the target. In theory.

In practice you need to get some experience as to what distances work. Also, EMP mines detonate when friendlies drive on top of them too. The motion mines sometimes explodes and causes a TK as well, no idea why, maybe they bumped directly into it.

Motion mines are great for defending one or two roads at a time max (I always place two or more Motion mines together since 1 hit isnt always enough) but when theres an enemy walker nearby and you're sprinting after em...well, they just don't activate fast enough. You don't place and watch em explode. It takes like 10 secs or maybe even more --- too much if the pilot has seen you.

So in the end, it's like rock/paper/scissors. If you enjoy being an engi anyway, its a great unlock. But a cunning driver can usually spot your emp/motion mines setups. It's not a point farm.  PLus it seems if you place five in close proximity you can usually expect to destroy only one vehicle, ALL mines will track the first target and ALL will explode, which could mean a huge overkill = waste of mines.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
I would like them to be slightly weaker but other than that they are fine.
TripleKo
+2|6780|Sweden
It's magnetic, so an energy shield doesn't affect the motion mines.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
you've just got to time your shield for when it hits
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
i would want to kick them

hope some body makes a mod...Fifa 2142 anyone?
Entertayner
+826|6571

TripleKo wrote:

It's magnetic, so an energy shield doesn't affect the motion mines.
I love how you said that as if it's realistic.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I like motion mines because I like to activate them with my Zeller-H .
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Superior Mind wrote:

hmm...never seen it before...does it blow up or start to float in mid air?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

jkohlc wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

no they blow up with one shot, same goes for ALL mines (RDX, APMs, Motion Mines, EMP)
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6465|Melbourne - Home of Football
I love motion mines, unlocked them today and use them in combination with emp mines and my Sudnik VP, you can basically hold off up to three armored vehicles attacking your flag / silo this way, with good placement.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Superior Mind wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

no they blow up with one shot, same goes for ALL mines (RDX, APMs, Motion Mines, EMP)
wow...sounds nice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard