tefI0n
Temporary Messiah
+14|6414|Kalamazoo, MI

millhous wrote:

2142's rank system has been cheapened to allow the casual players access to higher ranks faster.  Leaving nothing for the hardcore players in terms of rank.
Except for the awards. You still need to dump days worth of time into getting them all.

How easy is it for you to get 8000 kills in armor or a gunship?

Exactly. The hardcore players will still have something to go for. Not to mention Supreme Commander, no casual will ever get that. Calm down. Hardcore gamers were not forgotten.

And something no one is remembering ITT is that career points count to your rank. Some VERY easily acquired Silver badges, which are 500 points to the careet score, will also factor hugely into your score, not to mention Gold badges, weighing in at 1000 points. Can you remember how long it took to get 1000 points in BF2? A solid day of playing, at least for me. And in BF2142, if you can manage to knife 150 people, and 17 IAR (actually quite an easy feat, in titan mode), there's an instant 1000, on top of the 167+ points you will garner for getting the kills.

Keep awards in mind. Yes, the ranks progress quickly. It's to compensate for the massive unlock system. Like someone already said, it will take upwards of 150 hours, or about a week of NON-STOP play to reach the top, for a player of average skill. But even at the top rank, you will not have every award. That's your motivation, IMO.

Last edited by tefI0n (2006-10-26 15:02:09)

GeoEnvi
+22|6704|Philadelphia, PA

DaReJa wrote:

You get about half the Points in 2142 as you did with BF2, So, 2142's Top Rank, In BF2 Points, Would be About 100,000 - 120,000 Its not that Much of a Difference, Either Way, I Don't Care.
You get twice as many GLOBAL points, but BF2142 allows you to gain EXTRA points for pins, awards, ribbons, and badges.  So, every time I blow up 4 Titan guns I get an extra 20 (or is it 10?) per round as a bonus.  On top of that Silver badges are worth 500 pts and Gold is worth 1000.  If you're like me, and want to develop your character in terms of awards, you'll benefit IMMENSELY from these bonus points.  Couple that with new points for squad and Titan defense and nerfed award criteria and you have a point farmers bumper crop.

The fact is that it is MUCH easier to earn points (therefore ranks and unlocks) in BF2142 than it was in BF2.
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6832|Moore, OK
Bah....I still want to know who fell asleep when making the ranks. Since when is Lance Corporal (E-3) a higher rank than Corporal(E-4)? And since when has Chief Petty Officer (E-7) been a higher rank than Master Sergeant (E-8) or Sergeant Major (E-9)? I know this is supposed to take place in the future, but come on. Why not make a Major (O-4) outrank a General (0-10)?

Last edited by Dizik (2006-10-26 16:25:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard