Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria
Another good strategy for getting alot of points.

This one isn't really a long lasting strat, but its good for a early influx of points.

Grab the Doragon, or the Talon at the start of the round. Easy to do if you have a fast PC.

Immediately make a b-line for the enemy titan. If your Fast enough you can usually catch the enemy gunship taking off. If your slow, you can usually catch the dropship. Either way, if you come in low, they tend not to see you, so swing around, get behind them, and gun them down with a missile salvo. This should leave you 4 salvo's of ten missiles left and net you between 2-6 kills (Depending on what you shoot down).

at this point, fly under the titan, and use your 4 remaining salvos to shoot the 4 titan guns. This takes a bit of skill since you have to angle to actually hit them, but its really easy with about 10 mins of practice. It takes 8 missile hits to kill one gun.

this will net you 4 points for the titan attack points, and also, the titan destructor pin

Point breakdown

2-6 points for the initial plane kill.
4 points for the Titan Attack points
20 Points for the pin

total of 26-30 points

Now, this isn't as fantastic as some of my other strats, however, the one this to remember is this takes a max of like 3 MINUTES to pull off, thus about 9-10 points per minute you just earned.

what I tend to do after this, is go to the titan and refill. Then I return to the enemy titan and sit underneath it and if they have anyone repair the guns, I kill them again. And if anyone tries to take off, I kill them, its hard to kill you too, since your under the titan.
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX
okay, do the same thing with a knife.  10 kills in a row on your titan, first time doing it.

5  pts Combat Effeciency Pin
20 pts Titan Defender Pin
40 pts Collectors Badge
20 pts Collectors Pin
10 pts Distinguished Combat Effenciency Pin
oh,
10 pts for 10 kills
10 pts for Titan Defense points.

That makes 115 points for 10 kills.  After the first time it is still 55 points.
LionEyez
+4|6618

Elamdri wrote:

what I tend to do after this, is go to the titan and refill. Then I return to the enemy titan and sit underneath it and if they have anyone repair the guns, I kill them again. And if anyone tries to take off, I kill them, its hard to kill you too, since your under the titan.
Yeah I've seen people do this. Nice for a bit but don't forget that if the titan guns are pointed at you, you're in a lot of danger. I was the titan commander and began noticing all my titan guns kept being destroyed, I respawned as engi and managed to catch a gunship in the act if you will. Hadn't previously killed a gunship with the titan gun before

This guy comes back like 4 more times, of which I managed to shoot him 3 times. More than half the round their gunship was mostly fixed on getting titan destruction points. He wasn't going after any of airships either. Kind of a waste of a gunship if you ask me, he didnt even get that many points...

Last edited by LionEyez (2006-10-27 00:21:46)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria

LionEyez wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Yeah I've seen people do this. Nice for a bit but don't forget that if the titan guns are pointed at you, you're in a lot of danger. I was the titan commander and began noticing all my titan guns kept being destroyed, I respawned as engi and managed to catch a gunship in the act if you will. Hadn't previously killed a gunship with the titan gun before

This guy comes back like 4 more times, of which I managed to shoot him 3 times. More than half the round their gunship was mostly fixed on getting titan destruction points. He wasn't going after any of airships either. Kind of a waste of a gunship if you ask me, he didnt even get that many points...
Well, yeah obviously if this is happening, you need to change your strategy, but at the START of the round, noone is ever in the guns, so its pretty much guaranteed points.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6653|UK

Elamdri wrote:

Ok, here are a couple of  examples of how to point farm in Titan mode.

Support: Kill ten people in a row on the titan with the Clark

Total points: 65

Point Breakdown:

10 points for the kills
10 points for killing them on the titan
10 points for killing ten people IAR with the shotgun (Close Combat Pin)
20 points for 7 titan defense points (Titan Defense Pin)
5 points for 5 kill streak (Combat Efficiency Award)
10 points for 10 kill streak (Distinguished Combat Efficiency Award)

Recon: Kills 8 people with explosives in a row on the Titan with APMs

Total Points: 51

8 points for the kills
8 points for killing on the titan
10 points for the Explosive Badge
20 points for the Titan Defense Pin
5 points for the Combat Efficiency Award.

Knife 8 people on the titan

Total Points: 56

8 For kills
8 for killing on titan
20 for collector badge
20 for titan defense

There's other combos as well, but these are a few of my favorites (Obviously its rather hard to get ten kills IN A ROW, unless your quite skilled, but I was going for max utility)
you stat padder, playing with your mate MAX UTILITY, why cant i have a mate like that who will let me kill them, who is this MAX UTILITY??? does he have good stats, i wanna play him i bet i am better so come on MAX let me kick your arse to like your mate

(FOR ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE WHO ARE A LITTLE THICK< IT WAS A JOKE) ,,, dont you hate how you gotta put that in
Zefar
+116|6647|Sweden
Defending your own titan is more effective than attacking one(Due to that they camp those consoles so much and that grenades ain't effective enough to kill them) and I love to do it with my Shuko LMG. :3

Man I can rack up kills with it FAST to. :3

For the moment I have like 45+ 5 kills in a row pins :3 And then I have like 7-8+ 10+ Kills pins in a row to. :3
This is mainly with Support kit to and no whoring titan guns. I got like 49 Knife kills and gonna get the last one today and I got 2 Collectors badges so yes, those who are GOOD get MORE points than those bad ones.

I actually like this system more than old BF2, far more. You actually get awarded for killing lots of people in a row.

I also use the pod to get to the hangar and it always give me few kills before they notice me and most of the time I run up with ma Knife to. If it wasn't so buggy I would have had like 10+ extra knife kills by now.

And I'm talking about standing RIGHT behind them and hitting with the knife yet misses somehow.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6493|London, UK

Zefar wrote:

And I'm talking about standing RIGHT behind them and hitting with the knife yet misses somehow.
Yeah, i get that too. Its annoying when they have a good sound system, hear you coming up behind them and shoot your knees to death! GRRRR...
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6665|Sydney, Australia
You can really rack in the points by sitting below the the top entrance to your titan with the baur. It doesn't require much skill. Although, occasionally you get intelligent people with fast reflexes and kill you. I got 35 kills in a round and 2 titan defence badges i think they were. (there worth 20 points at the end of the game)
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6392|Evilsville
Reading all this, I think I'm going to play Titan a lot more.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6644|Peoria
Just like to interject here, DICE made WCR alot easier to get than in BF2, and its worth 2000 sweet teampoints, so don't sacrifice wins for the sake of defending if its going to kill your win loss ratio.
buttered noodle
+16|6643|ohio
my way, to do it is making sure your in a squad with a support(resupply man), and then dropping 2 APM's and surrounding those with RDX, and getting the grenade upgrade, with the Lambert carbine(it can take out 3 men on a single clip) so you can pick up 1-3 kills per APM + 1-3 kills per detonation(2 RDX packs works well) + another 1-3 per grenade and during all this pumping lead into stragglers for about 5- 10 more kills, so up to about 30 kills with no resupply. I've collector over 50 titan defend badges at this point, and expert explosives, vet titan something, my best number of career points in a round is about 1,200.

43        kill points
43        titan kill points
2          2 kill assists
3*10    3 explosives badges
5*20    titan defender pins
2*5      Combat Efficiency Award     
1*10    Distinguished Combat Efficiency Award
1000    Expert Explosive Gallantry badge
0         Gold medal

1238 total, that was a good round

2142 name is hydromike 2 if anyone cares to look me up

Board footer