deanspeedway
+0|6720

GeoEnvi wrote:

I think you are all missing the point on the SL Beacon.  It's supposed to be a tool that the SL can use to provide a mobile spawn point for the squad that is NOT dependent upon the SL location.  It's a VERY powerful tool that requires careful planning for it's placement.  Because of it's power, a SL should not carelessly place it or leave it behind. 

Hiding it out of site yet near an objective is preferred.  Placing it out in the open in front of a flag is not.

Though I agree that it is a pain to limit a SL's ability to place a new Beacon while the previous one is still active, I still think it's best.  As a SL YOU are responsible for the Beacon; therefore, you must remember to retrieve and pull up your beacon before the squad moves on.  A supply kit should not rearm the beacon.  It's the SL's responsibility to double back and retrieve a lost one and/or the squads responsibility to destroy it before moving on.
I agree. It (squad beacon) should be limited. Otherwise it would be too powerful. The way it is now you have to consider very carefully when you are going to place the beacon. If you want to move it, you need to pick it up. This is a good thing. It is quite well balanced the way it is now.

There should however be a way of getting another one after it is destroyed though. Maybe a delay of 2 or 3 minutes before it "re-spawns" in the squad leader's backpack again. Allowing supply crates or support dudes to resupply them would make it too easy.
deanspeedway
+0|6720
Oh yeah...

Has anyone else noticed the glitch where,(1) if you (the SL) position your beacon ; (2) the enemy destroy the beacon;(3) you die; (4)you respawn; (5) then you are unable to redeploy your beacon AND your squad can't spawn on your position!!
When you try and place the beacon you get the message "squad beacon deployed" but it stays in your hand.

I was told by squad members that my position showed up as a green dot with a red ring around it (unspawnable), even though I am still carrying the beacon.
Anyone else experienced that?

Last edited by deanspeedway (2006-10-26 16:17:23)

doctorgabel
+2|6440
I don't think the squad becon will work properly if you put it in the titan ever, just because it pods you down from the heavens onto the beacon so if it's in a Titan that will make things weird, and things on the titan are already weird enough as it is.
deanspeedway
+0|6720

doctorgabel wrote:

I don't think the squad becon will work properly if you put it in the titan ever, just because it pods you down from the heavens onto the beacon so if it's in a Titan that will make things weird, and things on the titan are already weird enough as it is.
But you can spawn on the SL in the titan right?
link52787
+29|6519
whats funny is placing c4 around general area of the beacon w/o letting the spawn leader know.  When his team mates land, BOOM!
zeidmaan
+234|6413|Vienna

If the titan is moving than that can cause problems with the spawn becon. If its not than you can place it anywhere you want. AND YOU CAN RESUPLY A SQUAD LEADER WITH A NEW BECON AND HE CAN PLACE IT IF THE OLD ONE IS DESTROYED.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

For referance, you can pick up most things. Shields, sentry drones, Claymores, (or whatever they're called now,) mines, Det Packs. Er... but don't try picking up grenades. Run away from those.

Also, the Sniper Rifle unlock is an Anti Material Rifle, so one shot to any mine/expolive/whatever will destroy it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
deanspeedway
+0|6720

zeidmaan wrote:

. AND YOU CAN RESUPLY A SQUAD LEADER WITH A NEW BECON AND HE CAN PLACE IT IF THE OLD ONE IS DESTROYED.
Cool thanks.
Now if only I can find a support guy who can be bothered to drop an ammo crate......
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6759|Internet!
I don't like how I can't destroy my beacons. I realize that makes it less cheap, but it's really effing annoying having to go pick it up... thankfully you can usually spawn on it and snatch it that way, but you have to walk to wherever the front lines now are.

I ran into a certain problem playing Fall of Berlin as PAC. I had snuck around enemy lines (somehow!) and happily tossed down a beacon, hoping we could flank 'em and maybe win. I double checked to make sure I could spawn on it (can't spawn on a SLSB under something, such as a roof), and then hurried off. Bang! Dead. Well, shit. My SLSB was deployed on a slope and had slid under a building, and thus was unspawnable. I couldn't place a new one, couldn't have my squadmates spawn on me, instead of the beacon, the enemy wasn't destroying it, and there was a Walker, APC, and a half dozen infantry men between me and my beacon. Took me half the round to finally get back over there and pick it up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard