reefl3x
+72|6420|United States
I spent about 4 hours cleaning out my case last night.
I took everything out of my case, wiped down the case, cleaned the mobo, CPU, HDD, RAM etc...
Every aspect of my PC was cleaned.

Now my video card temps idle at about 44c-45c. Is that ok for an x800xl? And whats a good temp for my AMD64 3000+....
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
pretty decent, especially if you have stock cooling. I have a bigass zalman vf-700 cooler on my x1600 and I still can only bring it down to 52 degrees idle.

The general safety rule for processors is that it should not go above 60 degrees under stress.

video cards can go higher, but the lower the better.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
How can you check your video card temperatures? (Without some external thermometer or something)
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6713|Mountains of West Virginia
If you have an ATI, ATITool works nicely.

Not all cards support it however.
Pleiam
+5|6653
I pretty much solved my heat problem by storing my computer in the basement and running extension cables to my room for the keyboard, mouse, monitor and printer. Its also solves the problem of having a noisy computer.
reefl3x
+72|6420|United States
Your GPU needs to have a thermal sensor on it. Most new GPU's do.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6718
moved to tech.
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine
x800's usually run pretty warm.

My x800GTO gets as high as 89*C with stock cooling.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6551|Cardiff
i dunno what temp the inside bits (thats a real technical term that is) are but my tower temp is atm 19.5 c.

highest its been was 45c but that was shortly b4 my cpu fan stopped moving coz of the cat hair and dust in it

i got three 140mm (i think, big ones anyway) fans on the tower tho.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

Pleiam wrote:

I pretty much solved my heat problem by storing my computer in the basement and running extension cables to my room for the keyboard, mouse, monitor and printer. Its also solves the problem of having a noisy computer.
hmm, that works? most pc cables loose signal strength after a good meter or so. how far is you pc away from you then?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jaymz9350
+54|6595

reefl3x wrote:

I spent about 4 hours cleaning out my case last night.
I took everything out of my case, wiped down the case, cleaned the mobo, CPU, HDD, RAM etc...
Every aspect of my PC was cleaned.

Now my video card temps idle at about 44c-45c. Is that ok for an x800xl? And whats a good temp for my AMD64 3000+....
that seems about right. my 800xl idled around 35-36 with a vf-700cu in a basment with an ambient around 65F.
Pleiam
+5|6653

max wrote:

Pleiam wrote:

hmm, that works? most pc cables loose signal strength after a good meter or so. how far is you pc away from you then?
The extensions cables are approximately 3.5 meters. I think I bought 10-12 ft. cables, I'll have to check them when I go home for the weekend. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed any problems with signal strength.
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

Mekstizzle wrote:

How can you check your video card temperatures? (Without some external thermometer or something)
Most driver or software has can report the temp of your GPU.  I know that Nvdia has it built into their desktop management software.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard