Poll

Points, Kills, Wins or Awards? What's Your Objective When Playing?

To Score Points17%17% - 22
To Kill22%22% - 28
To Win21%21% - 27
To Get Awards18%18% - 23
To Do The Bunny-Hop Polka4%4% - 6
Other (Please Explain)13%13% - 17
Total: 123
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

BEFORE you think of posting "I PLAY FOR FUN", please consider that everybody plays for fun!  Unless you're a beta tester there's no other reason for you to be playing this game except to have fun.

Now since we've established that we play for fun, please let us know what makes the game fun for you...

Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-11-20 12:53:15)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6813
Kills.
thinner44
+1|6809
Quality kills
SargeX_au
+29|6752
I aim for gold, nothing more, nothing less.... and try to keep my k/d ratio low while i do.  Its funny how people thank u for reviving them, because i don't care if they are alive or dead, i'm only doing it for the points.
Wait, edit that. It definetely helps to revive them in a mass shoot-out.

Last edited by SargeX_au (2005-11-20 06:11:55)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra
you left out "to have fun"
SargeX_au
+29|6752
I'm guessing the poll assumes your having fun.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6746|AZ
No he didn't, as the idea known as "fun" is based on the fulfillment of other feelings. The term "fun" is just a basic description of how certain events or emotions have related.
[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6740|Germany, Berlin
i usually play for ribbons and badges, but dont get me wrong, im not statspaddin........my kill to death ratio sux bigtime, so i dont really care how many times i die, i just revive people
Green-Lynx
+1|6744|Scotland!!!
i dont play for points, badges, ribbons, rank or anything like that. just play for the fun(only thing i really keep track of is kills and deaths), playing with mates in a squad using tactics and things, thats what my gaming is about!

Last edited by Green-Lynx (2005-11-20 06:46:17)

McCullough
+7|6838
To have fun, and try to kill as many enemys as possible with a minimum of deaths.
THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

Kniero wrote:

No he didn't, as the idea known as "fun" is based on the fulfillment of other feelings. The term "fun" is just a basic description of how certain events or emotions have related.
no he didnt?

where in the poll does it say "for fun" and the name of the poll is "what do you play for?"

i know people might have fun getting awards and the like but none of that bothers me, i only ever play when my mates are on cause thats when its FUN for me, and that option my friend is NOT in the poll as i stated...

now please dazzle and amaze us all with another of your counter posts, because we all love to read your long words and think how smart you must be.
Green-Lynx
+1|6744|Scotland!!!

the_heart_attack wrote:

i know people might have fun getting awards and the like but none of that bothers me, i only ever play when my mates are on cause thats when its FUN for me, and that option my friend is NOT in the poll as i stated...
i think if the awards truely didnt bother you, you wouldnt have them showing in your sig
THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

Green-Lynx wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

i think if the awards truely didnt bother you, you wouldnt have them showing in your sig
true but the fact is i had no idea how to set the sig up, my mate did it.
i just emailed him the pics i wanted on there of my fav things ( my dogs, bike , and truck) and he did the rest

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-11-20 06:52:32)

Green-Lynx
+1|6744|Scotland!!!
i seeeeeeee, fairdooz
RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis
He also left out To Punish.  I solely play this game to punish teammates for complete accidents. Usually i just hold down the W and the Pge Dwn and the rest does itself.
THA
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

RasorX wrote:

He also left out To Punish.  I solely play this game to punish teammates for complete accidents. Usually i just hold down the W and the Pge Dwn and the rest does itself.
stay the fuck away from me
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

the_heart_attack wrote:

if i had put fun as an option then obviously everybody would have voted for that and what's the point of the poll?

seriously, does anybody not play the game for fun?  is anybody out there trying to increase their earning potential by play BF2?  or trying to impress chicks?  or maybe you're doing your doctoral thesis on the subliminary imagery regarding the inclusion of numerous wheelbarrows through out the bf2 landscape and their effects on the players' potential to punish for team kills?

Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-11-20 07:52:04)

Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
For fun.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6743|Malaga, EspaƱa
I Voted Other:

reaso: I play For Fun, and i just try to keep my scores up, when i get an award Alright its nice. but i do not go Shit shit shit i need the knife badge quik!
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6745|The Island of Carls Jr.
To me its all about kicking ass and getting gold.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6758|Brixham, UK
To get kills, and the hours for my vet assault combat. When my K/D ratio hits something like 2.00 I'll be much more relaxed... I get a little annoyed if I have a bad evening.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6755|The Netherlands
my main objective is to win. and I hunt awards when i can get one.
{DS}Serge
+-1|6734
Other-To prove myself better than all else.
glory,respect

(Ill get there some day )

Last edited by {DS}Serge (2005-11-20 11:14:45)

C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6809|UK

the_heart_attack wrote:

Yeah, exactly. I thought "surely I can't be the only one", and thankfully it'd seem not. Yes it's nice to get medals, to get lots of kills and to score well, but at the end of the day if I'm not having fun there is no point. I want to have fun, end of.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6787|MeiriceĆ” - frm 'Real Capital'
Voted kills

Sniper rifle kills, a nice whiskey buzz and time away from wife.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard