FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6539|Boston, MA
It's mainly because kids don't care. They just want to do whatever the hell they want, they're not even afraid of getting in trouble, and why should they be in public schools? They are way too leniant with rules and it just shows with the bad grades. I go to a private (Catholic) school and you know what happens if they even see you with a cell phone in school? They take it from you, only give it back to your parents, and give you a Saturday detention, Saturday detentions are not fun considering they start bright and early at 7AM and ends at 9AM. Meanwhile there are people in public schools texting each other and shit.

They are probably also treated like children whenever they do get in trouble. They might get a detention for something and then they just walk it off like it's nothing. If you get in trouble, you should have a friggin talk about it with your teacher and dean. I was accused of cheating on my Physics final (I didn't, I just copied a notecard from a friend since the teacher allowed us to use notecards on the final) and I didn't get in trouble right away. They actually handled it like adults and treated me with respect. We had a long talk about it and agreed that whatever questions that I may have had an advantage on, would have been marked wrong. I didn't really care since I knew it would only help on a few questions, which it did, so I only lost like 3 points, no biggy.

Same thing with me at work. Since I'm always working my ass off, the management treats me with respect. Lately the people in my department have been coming in a little late, granted I get there when I should, I was never talked to about it. They eventually sent out a company e-mail talking about it. If I do something wrong they just come up to me and talk to me about it, it's no biggy, I make mistakes but I make up for it. One day I forgot to lock one of the entrances but they never really yelled at me. They were just like, "Hey, honest mistake, we need to organize locking up more." So we talked about it and now we have it a lot more organized and we are yet to have a problem locking up, which says a lot because lately we've even been having a lot of issues with the alarms.

It certainly doesn't help that parents give everything to their kids that they ask for either. I'm shocked to hear how many of my friends get free cars from their parents. I don't mean they get to have the family minivan in their name, I mean their parents will literally go out and buy a car just for the kid. That's when I go insane. Yeah, I'd like to be given a car, but I face facts, there's no way that's going to happen. I work hard for every damn cent I earn. I started with a pay of $7.75/hr and since I'm always working hard, they eventually bumped me up with a few raises and am currently making $11.50/hr. Shows hard work pays off. Same goes with school, you win the respect of the people around you. I've actually talked to people about my job too. They asked me how long I was working there and it's been a little over a year. They're all shocked and think that's a long time. I just get a blank look on my face thinking, "WTF do you mean? Don't be a fuckin lazy bum at everything you do and it's not a long time to be working somewhere.

Bottom line is --- Teenagers do deserve respect, but they also have to show respect. The only way it seems to get respect as a teen is to show respect to adults. However, most teens don't realize that and don't even try so they want respect that they don't really deserve. Then since they think nobody cares, they don't care, and go off and do their own thing. They get high and wasted, be horny little teenagers and then by the time you know it they're married at the age of 23 to somebody they hate because that's their child's parent and they had no choice but to marry them while living with their parents.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6501|Connecticut

Vilham wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Can i just ask what you do for a living?
Asset Protection Executive. Why?
Because you talk about just getting through school, ie doesnt realy matter what you learn or the grades you get as long as you manage to scrape through and that mentality is exactly why you get those kids who grow up to work in Burger King for their whole lives. So i was asking to check if you were one of those people with that mentality, i can see you are not but i bet if you had got all A's in what ever qualification you get in America and then went to uni you would be getting paid a hell of a lot more with a realy good job. Im not sayin that your job isnt already good but everyone can improve on their job tbh.
I'll agree with you %99. Kids dont push hard enough and as a matter of fact, they are getting even more lazy. The point I am trying to make is this. Be passionate and driven about SOMETHING. I was a wild ass in high school and most of college(gotta grow up sometime) but I had drive, ya know. Kids now a days want everything for nothin and it shows as a society. I wanted stuff, I worked hard for it. It wasnt school though and that was unfortunate for me. The point where I split away from you is this. The education you receive in high school will prepare you for about %5 of lifes endeavors. Trust me. It is, however, a foundation for the rest of your career, whether it be in your studies or your profession so dont take it lightly either. But for Gods sake, be a kid....get some ass and enjoy adolesence because you dont get a second shot at it. As for the amount of money I make? I am doing just fine trust me. Rich? nope but I am comfortable and I own my own home. Thats all I could ask for.
Malloy must go

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard