lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
Watching the 3rd game of the world series........Did anyone else notice the commercial for Chevy trucks......In Spainish??!!!!
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida
ha ha, no, but that would piss me off.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA

lowing wrote:

Watching the 3rd game of the world series........Did anyone else notice the commercial for Chevy trucks......In Spainish??!!!!
i just watched that. i was like. wow. im never buy a Chevy. ever. Fucking asses. Yea. lets advertise TO THE MINORITY! wow. and they are "AMERICAN MADE" American engineering.
spud924
+12|6454|The Sticks, WA, USA
!!!!!!!!!       !muy Malo!  !!!!!!!!!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
jajaja espanol es muy bueno mi amigo! iz awl gooo ese!
Ryjoen
Banned
+10|6398|In your uncaps
tit
kilgoretrout
+53|6471|Little Rock, AR
that's what we get for not having a national language.  we're really turning from a melting pot into a salad bowl, to use the cheesy term that i heard in a politics class.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
You do live in one of the biggest Spanish speaking countries in the world dude................
spud924
Si to that amigo
topthrill05
+125|6579|Rochester NY USA
Yeah I was at work, thanks for confirming. Un-real.
spud924

Superior Mind wrote:

jajaja espanol es muy bueno mi amigo! iz awl gooo ese!
Si to that amigo
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

VspyVspy wrote:

You do live in one of the biggest Spanish speaking countries in the world dude................
only untill we build that Berl...I mean Rio Grande wall.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-10-24 18:41:08)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

VspyVspy wrote:

No they came to the largest English speaking country in the world.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
I remember the El in Chicago had safety signs in Spanish & Polish oddly...
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
Me hizo triste mirar que comercial patético. ¡Todo los que entran los Estados Unidos ellos deben aprender inglés!

¿Es tan duro?

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-10-24 18:48:04)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country

lowing wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

And what did they speak before the English got there or is that different?

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida

Superior Mind wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

only untill we build that Berl...I mean Rio Grande wall.
Ha ha - very nice

We didnt used to live in one of the largest spanish speaking countries.........
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

It's amazing how people kid themselves how tolerant they are.
We have ads in Maori here. My school qualification certificate was in Maori, and most Maori don't speak Maori!
You get over it. It dosn't matter. It's just a show that they are diverse.

Why are you pissed off by this? It's an ad you can't understand, Hell, MOST ads I don't understand. Did you know that Chevy didn't just sell their cars to english-speaking Americans? Yeah! Shock horror! There's nothing wrong with advertising in the language of the minority. Sure you want get the message from the ad heir running, that's the company's loss, why be outraged? The fact that a simple thing like an ad can awaken such anger in you suggests that, (and I don't want to use this word,) you are incredibly racist.

I am honestly disgusted.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
By 2020, caucasian American's will be the minority in the United States.

Funny, eh?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

VspyVspy wrote:

lowing wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

And what did they speak before the English got there or is that different?

Go start a thread about how the Indians got fucked....I will post agreeing with you.........This thread is for, the yet, another piece of evidence that we are slowly loosing our country to invaders from Mexico.

The WORLD SERIES!!!!!!...IS NOTHING SACRID ANYMORE???
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA

Ty wrote:

We have ads in Maori here. My school qualification certificate was in Maori, and most Maori don't speak Maori!

Why are you pissed off by this? It's an ad you can't understand, Hell, MOST ads I don't understand. Did you know that Chevy didn't just sell their cars to english-speaking Americans? Yeah! Shock horror! There's nothing wrong with advertising in the language of the minority. Sure you want get the message from the ad heir running, that's the company's loss, why be outraged? The fact that a simple thing like an ad can awaken such anger in you suggests that, (and I don't want to use this word,) you are incredibly racist.

I am honestly disgusted.
Wow, this has NOTHING to do with RACE. it has everything to do with the fact that A. we live IN FUCKING AMERICA B. Congress JUST DECLARED english, the LANGUAGE of the nation. C. IF they want to run spanish ADS  RUN THEM in spanish speaking countries. D. Chevy just contradicted themselves. E. i understood it, and i was offended by it. E. im not racist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Ty wrote:

I am honestly disgusted.
Be disgusted all you want...........It doesn't compare to the disgust I have for immigrants, legal and illegal, that come here and don't even bother to learn the language of the land. Instead they EXPECT US to accommodate them!
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
It's a good thing that one Sheriff is making inmates at his jail learn english.
Executiator
+69|6422

lowing wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

Actually, more people speak fluent English in China than the entire Western Hemisphere...
Executiator
+69|6422

Miller wrote:

It's a good thing that one Sheriff is making inmates at his jail learn english.
Lmfao, That would be good ole' Sheriff Joe Arpaio.... He's a man of many county imprisonment firsts..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard