notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6769|The United Center
This is possibly the best thing since sliced bread...and sliced bread is pretty snazzy.  Agamemnar and I tried it out the other day, and it was a blast.

Is someone on your team pissing you off?  Have someone who is being a douche?  Just want to cause some havoc?

...unlock the EMP nades for the Support class.  People won't drive off without giving you a ride anymore...because they can't when their vehicle is stalled!

...did someone take YOUR walker?  Pfft, EMP ftw.

My personal favorite is EMPing the transport helijets just as they leave the titan.  If the pilot is a big enough nub, they'll crash into the ground...or a tree...or a building...or a teammate's vehicle, giving him loads of negative points and a few TK punishes.

The greatest thing about this...?  You get no negative points.  EMPs cause no damage, so even if the person crashes, you won't get docked points.  AND you can resupply yourself.

...or, if you want, just throw one at your feet.  Turn on some techno music and have a dance party!
l41e
+677|6670

Is this akin to BF2 teamflashbanging? Except in 2142 they die?

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-10-24 13:15:42)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

k30dxedle wrote:

Sort of...only this you can also use to your advantage.
NorCal
+0|6477|Sacramento

ThomasMorgan wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

right... because you can't use flashbangs in bf to your advantage..
jsnipy
+3,276|6544|...

win ... there seems to be a fresh batch of asshats in this game .. good remedy

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-10-24 13:26:34)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

NorCal wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

right... because you can't use flashbangs in bf to your advantage..
Ok, first off, learn to read.  Second, I'm talking about using them on your teammates.  FBing a FAV that's about to drive away from you won't do any good.

EMPing an Ocelot that's about to drive away from you means you get a ride.

Like jsnipy said, there seems to be a bunch of people in this game who don't understand teamwork and/or are 12 years old.  This helps remedy that.

But please, take your "I'm smarter than thou and therefore I deserve the right to flame" attitude back to high school.  Maybe someone there will notice you.
Simon
basically
+838|6680|UK
/Win - Even though i dont have 2142
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6496|Belgium
u got a problem with high school?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6652|Washington, DC

I'm ashamed to share my citizenship with Agamemnar. I wish Quebec had actually followed through with its plans for seceding from Canada.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Hurricane wrote:

I'm ashamed to share my citizenship with Agamemnar. I wish Quebec had actually followed through with its plans for seceding from Canada.
He is a pretty good player though.  Granted, his techniques may be immoral, but they're damn effective.
NorCal
+0|6477|Sacramento

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Is someone on your team pissing you off?  Have someone who is being a douche?  Just want to cause some havoc?

My personal favorite is EMPing the transport helijets just as they leave the titan.  If the pilot is a big enough nub, they'll crash into the ground...or a tree...or a building...or a teammate's vehicle, giving him loads of negative points and a few TK punishes.

The greatest thing about this...?  You get no negative points.  EMPs cause no damage, so even if the person crashes, you won't get docked points.  AND you can resupply yourself.

...or, if you want, just throw one at your feet.  Turn on some techno music and have a dance party!
Who is 12?

k30dxedle wrote:

Like jsnipy said, there seems to be a bunch of people in this game who don't understand teamwork and/or are 12 years old.  This helps remedy that.

But please, take your "I'm smarter than thou and therefore I deserve the right to flame" attitude back to high school.  Maybe someone there will notice you.
You are the one who is getting off by T/K your own team...? Grade school is calling you ;-)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6652|Washington, DC

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

He is a pretty good player though.  Granted, his techniques may be immoral, but they're damn effective.
The sad thing is he's what, in his 20's? You'd think he'd be a bit more mature than your average 12 year old Counter-Strike player.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6425|Alberta, Canada

ThomasMorgan wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

What's funnier than throwing a flashbang at someone on the Sharqi crane and watching him crawl around and finally fall off the edge to his death?
starman7
+15|6746
Cool... throw them at asshats who drive off alone.  Of course, then again, it'd probably be crueler to let them drive off thinking they're some sort of BF 2-esque tank whore, only to discover that they actually need a fragment of teamwork...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

NorCal wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Who is 12?

k30dxedle wrote:

You are the one who is getting off by T/K your own team...? Grade school is calling you ;-)
One, you fucked up your quote.  I said that, not K30.  And two, I never said anything about TKing your team.  How many times have you asked for a ride in BF2 and been left in the dust?  All I'm saying is that this remedies that situation.

Literacy is a valuable tool.  From now on, please utilize it.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6620|S.C.
ThomasMorgan You are Evil.
PaterPreekt
+1|6575|Rotterdam
they should enable vehicle drops on BF2142....AND...let you select wich vehicle....that would be nice....walkers dropping all over the place...haha...seriously, I agree, I get to meet a lot of lone wolf drivers in the game, even in the apc. If I'm not mistaken, its a team vehicle wich doesnt do you much good up against a tank, walker or anything actually...still if you happen to pick up a full squad, you can go from missile silo to silo and do some good.....Anyway, seems they did try to enhance teamplay in this game, now all we need is some players to understand it...

Emp nades on an idiot that leaves you behind...not a bad sollution, but I do try and keep em alive..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard