Eugefunk84
+48|6525
This looked like a good unlock for the engy....

anyone use it? any complaints? any praises? anything? Not alot on this weapon in the forums!
kiries
+4|6687|monastery of funk
what is a H-AVR is it the rifle or the AA?
Eugefunk84
+48|6525
H-AVR stand for Heavy Anti vehicel Rifle. I imagine it's kind of like having you own portable rail gun. But liek this post says, I havent used it! Any thoguhts on it? It's like its the forgotten unlock for BF2142! No one has it!!!
kiries
+4|6687|monastery of funk
my bro has it so its not very forgotten
Eugefunk84
+48|6525
ok, but what does your bro say about i?!

I dont know if i wanna spend an unlock in this thing or not, i need reviews!
Eugefunk84
+48|6525
bump^^^^^
Crestfallen
+27|6440|England, Leicester
I picked up the kit the other day, and I have to say I was fairly impressed.  There's no guiding the projectile but the thing is fast, and is really useful for taking out those heavy targets.  Very satisfying to remove a tank that was breathing down your squad's neck.  However, the downside is the slow, really slow reload time, so you have to make your shots count.  It makes you think more tactically in terms of targeting area's of vehicles, but its a fun weapon to use.  I'll stick with my Lambert Carbine though, it's much more fun.
Eugefunk84
+48|6525
Is it slower of a reload than the regular rocket launcher? and how much damge does it do to vehicles?
doneyone
+30|6547|Holland Hardcore
very very much.
Crestfallen
+27|6440|England, Leicester

Eugefunk84 wrote:

Is it slower of a reload than the regular rocket launcher? and how much damge does it do to vehicles?
The Mitchell reloads in 5.7s, the sudnik in 5.4s, woah, right the reload time of the H-AVR is actually 4 seconds... .  I must have been lagging to hell then, because it seemed to take forever to reload.  Weird.  Far as I know, it does the same damage that all the rocket weapons do.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6728

I have the H-AVR as my second full unlock tree. It is a far better improvement over the standard launchers.
Although not guided, it makes it up for in speed. Reloads a bit slower than the launchers, but you can take down, the attack jets, the transport, and even walkers/tanks in 1 shot.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu
You can one hit kill tanks in the back.
Also it doesn't give off the lock-on signal (you know that annoying alarm that goes off when someone is aiming at you with rocket when you are in an armor) so you can place your shot and they wouldn't even know it is coming towards them unless they see it with their eyes. Also the round travels 6 times faster than the rocket, however, it lacks the guidance (it is rifle, you can't guide it after you fire it). However, I found the non-guidance very helpful since I like to shoot my round and disappear instead of having to keep aiming at the target (as you might have noticed from my BF2 player stats, I am a sniper. Now I sniper tanks).

The down side of this not-being guided is that this is not a sniper rifle so the deviation is noticeable even when prone, so you will have to get use to the aiming with this gun.

I use this all the time, instead of rocket now after I got it whenever I am playing as an engineer.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6526|Edmonton Alberta
i have this unlock and it was come in handy a whole lot
if you hit a tank right in the back it will kill them instantly
but it creates no lock sound so your enemy doesnt know its cominguntil they have 2 bars of health left on their tank and catch fire
pete123456
+0|6488
I think this is correct, it has an advantage over the other anti-vehicle guns because it cant be detected right? The little crosshair sign doesnt come up for the tank driver. I had it in the BETA and wasnt really impressed by it, I thought it being an unlock it would destroy a tank quicker than the others, but it doesnt (obviously aiming in the wrong place then ) :<

Still, ur choice
Hope this helps,
Pete

Last edited by pete123456 (2006-10-24 02:13:31)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6636|Malibu

pete123456 wrote:

I think this is correct, it has an advantage over the other anti-vehicle guns because it cant be detected right? The little crosshair sign doesnt come up for the tank driver. I had it in the BETA and wasnt really impressed by it, I thought it being an unlock it would destroy a tank quicker than the others, but it doesnt :<

Still, ur choice
Hope this helps,
Pete
BTW, it does destroy vehicles faster than any other Anti-Vehicle devices that engineers carry around.
I haven't played the BETA so I do not know what happened over there but in the retail version it does a lot more damage than standard rockets.
Eugefunk84
+48|6525
thnx for the input guys
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
It sucks. Does barely any damage...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Flasheart88
+0|6751|Brisbane

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

It sucks. Does barely any damage...
Not true, but at anything more than short range, ie more than 50 metres, or against moving targets, it's much easier to miss with it than with guided rockets. It's also much worse for killing infantry, because there's essentially no splash damage.  But versus tanks, apcs and stationary walkers, it's definitely superior, in terms of damage, to the guided rockets.

So if you're the sort of engineer who likes to support his armour and gets in the thick of it, then the Pilum is definitely the best weapon. But if you prefer to hang back and take pot shots from a safer distance at enemy armour, then stick with the standard engineer gun and spend your unlocks elsewhere.

One important thing to note is that with the Pilum, you can shoot the Titan turrets: 2-3 shots will take out a turret. With a friendly support player, you can rack up the Titan attack scores pretty quickly, without having to find an AA gun, which of course all Titan gunners have learned the location of.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6821
It's a fantastic weapon
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Right, anyway.... I'm one of Kiries' brothers. The other doesn't use this site at all and he is the one with the rifle. He loves it, doesn't use the rockets anymore because it took him about 2 mins to get the timing on the shots mastered. He likes to grab a buggy and go hunt tanks with a few other engy/support squaddies. Reckons it's a blast.

That and I watched him take out a battlewalker on his own rather quickly with it. If your gonna unlock engy stuff get that gear first I reckon.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand

StormEye wrote:

You can one hit kill tanks in the back.
Also it doesn't give off the lock-on signal (you know that annoying alarm that goes off when someone is aiming at you with rocket when you are in an armor) so you can place your shot and they wouldn't even know it is coming towards them unless they see it with their eyes. Also the round travels 6 times faster than the rocket, however, it lacks the guidance (it is rifle, you can't guide it after you fire it). However, I found the non-guidance very helpful since I like to shoot my round and disappear instead of having to keep aiming at the target (as you might have noticed from my BF2 player stats, I am a sniper. Now I sniper tanks).

The down side of this not-being guided is that this is not a sniper rifle so the deviation is noticeable even when prone, so you will have to get use to the aiming with this gun.

I use this all the time, instead of rocket now after I got it whenever I am playing as an engineer.
erm it does give a lock on tone (don't ask me why but ive seen lock on tone blue ball of pain flying at me, and not its the PAC AT gun because when i move my tank it doesn't follow), and when i'm in a tank and fairly quick thinking i can move out its way so its not that good unless your quick too.

it doesn't seem to do more damage for me, i seem to have to fire off about 3 shots just for an APC...
Tereon
+0|6394|Berlin
First post on these forums, weee.

I've tested the H-AVR by field-unlocking it, and damn you can have some fun with it. True, it's hard to hit a target over long range, the launchers beat it at that, but as long as you have the time to aim at the "sweet spot" of a vehicle, it does a huge amount of damage (~60-70% damage to walkers when you aim at the joint between legs and torso, from the rear).
I personally use it in combination with EMP mines to get the extra time I need to land a perfect hit.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
I have to dispel this myth that it does more damage than the standard guns. It doesnt. One shot to the back fo a tank with a normal rocket launcher will kill it.

The advantage is only thats its undetected. This allows you to hit statinary targets in weak spots. For example, if you target a walkers leg with a Sudnik/Mitchell, it will hear the tone and is likely to move away. Hittint he body while its moving is easy, but the legs are much harder. The Pilum would allow you to hit it. However, ocne it starts moving, you're pretty screwed.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica
The H-AVR is OK... I modded it into sp and I will unlock it when I'm done with some other trees.  Pilum pros: donesn't give vehicles a lock tone, has no bullet drop (so its different than an RPG) and quicker reload time.  Cons:  The weapon has a cone of fire, yes, when you shoot the bullets don't go perfectly straight.  This makes it very had to hit moving targets and targets at range.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6434
i dont have BF 2142 but if this Pilum gun is anything like the RPG in BF2:SF it probably rocks, lol that RPG totaly owned and i am good at timing and leadig targets so the pilum is cool. pluss the pilum would be realy cool if ur at close range underneath a walker lol easy 1 hit kill.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard